Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 223770 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1650 on: Mar 14, 2023, 07:23 AM »
31* and snow, no wind.

Amber had to be at work at 4am, so I got up at 3:30 to clear the driveway. Less than an inch on the CRV, back to bed. At about 7:30 there was about 4 inches but it does look heavy. Pretty steady snow coming down right now. May make a pass at the end of the driveway before it gets any heavier.

Have a good day and be safe.....h2l

The plow just went by.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1651 on: Mar 14, 2023, 07:55 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+5, may make it to 32 later today. Another batch of snow/ rain Thursday into Friday :cookoo:

Best wishes to everyone dealing with the heavy snow out East. Hope the blowing and shoveling goes well :thumbsup:

Garage puttering here today. I need to spend some time going through the snow blower and getting it ready for the next round :whistle:

Hope everyone has as good of a day as possible. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Yesterday my wife and I spent some time on the swing enjoying our pretty snow. That lasted about 10 seconds ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1652 on: Mar 14, 2023, 08:59 PM »
Good evening, snow had stopped falling here believe my county is under a storm alert of some type until midnight. I'm not sue how much snow i received being the heavy wet type it compresses guessing 6-8 inches. I was out for a few hours around midday my SUV now only has a light coating of snow on it it was falling at a good rate during the early afternoon hours. I did have an Email message saying my phone and internet provider was having service problems this morning restored now. High temperature was around 32 degrees the company which plows my complex must have put down a good amount of Ice Melter very little snow on the paved surfaces currently.
Eddie may you not have received the forecasted snow fall totals. I assume you and your wife may have done some watching of the grandchildren today.
Wallyworld good advice on the snow clearing/clean up thankfully i just had to clean off my vehicle and was able to drive through the snow behind it to get out so my parking space and others by it could be plowed. May Mr.WW not have been summoned to the fire house for any service calls so far today .
Hunts2long i was wondering if Amber would be working the morning shift at DD . Your a good father clearing part of the driveway so she could get out,a thank you to her and others who provided a rest spot for the highway crews today.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the photo it maybe the camera angle otherwise there is a lot of snow in your yard since we can only see your and your wife's heads in the photo. May the coming storm later this week leave you with little snow.
Ice Wanderer hope you did not spend to many hours helping your son clear snow today.

May all who were in the path of today's storm be relaxing comfortably at this hour and hve gone through no storm related problems.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1653 on: Mar 15, 2023, 12:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 25* and I don't know. ::)
                              I got up yesterday arond 3:30 and started snow blowing my driveway with about a foot on the ground. Then at 5:30 I left
                     to do the 5 driveways for my son's snow removal business. I got done with round 1 around 2pm then when i got home, I did round
                     2 on my driveway. I'm up to get ready to do round 2 of his driveways. Then he has asked if I can do some more today. He had a tuck
                     breakdown so it looks like its going to be a long day. Oh and I measured 30" here last night when the snow finally stopped.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. And don't overdo it doing snow removal.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1654 on: Mar 15, 2023, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  24* and strong NW winds this am, high of 33 today.

Jeff…what a storm, huh?  Local news just reported we had over 30” here on the Hill as well.  :cookoo:  Be careful with today’s snow removal, you must be exhausted!

Just getting ready to head back out and see how much is waiting again. Finished round 4 at 7pm last night and my measurements had us at 27” then…nasty wet snow! Will try catching up a bit later…Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1655 on: Mar 15, 2023, 05:32 AM »

28 degrees here with a rain snow mix moving in tomorrow afternoon. Today mostly sunny with a high close to 45. If we didn't have all the snow pack we could would have had a shot shot at 60 today.

Best of luck to everyone digging out :thumbsup:

No snow details here today, I am planning on finally heading to the range for a couple hours. My wife is going to work in the jungle today and tomorrow so she can miss all the refreeze expected Friday.

Hope everyone has as good of day as possible ??? Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1656 on: Mar 15, 2023, 06:34 AM »
28* and a breeze. Some breaks in the clouds.

IW and Eddie, sorry to hear that you got "dumped" on, that is a lot of snow. We got maybe 7 inches of wet stuff here but it snowed all day. I hit the driveway about 6:30 last night to get the slush out of it before it froze up. The last I heard was my brother had 11" at his place, 1100/1200 feet makes a big difference.

WS, thanks for the picture, a lot of snow.

Today is last day of walleye and pike season.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1657 on: Mar 15, 2023, 06:39 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....enjoy the t-shirt and shorts temps today  @)  glad MrsWS can adjust her schedule to avoid bad travel days  :clap:

Eddie/IW.....you guys really got walloped  :o  hope today's clean up goes well  :flex:

MrC.....glad you didn't have any snow related issues yesterday  :thumbsup:

H2L.....good to hear your totals stayed on the lower end    :)

IFF.....fingers crossed you didn't have to deal with too much snow   :unsure:

We ended with about 12" total here, more than enough but not nearly what those in the higher elevations received. Saw in the news this morning we're about 2' below the average snowfall total this year, no complaints here  ;)

Final clean up today, nothing else planned.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1658 on: Mar 15, 2023, 09:23 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Looks like 37* everywhere.  WW. No snow just Half inch of ice on boat cover, hope you in the north get your power back on with your latest snow totals

Another freeze warning for here. Should be omelette’s morning when this crew gets out from under the blankets

Coffee and more March madness on order for today

Will check back later
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1659 on: Mar 15, 2023, 08:54 PM »
Good evening, in the upper thirties outside reached the lower forties for high temperature today. some areas that may have received little snow due to winds during the storm already bare ground and snow was melting throughout the day. There maybe some icey patches on roadways overnight in certain locations. I watched part of the live stream a men's lacrosse game between two local colleges that play on the Div. 3 level . Rough day for Mount Saint Mary's (Newburgh) losing by score of 21-1 to Vassar (Poughkeepsie . Still some power outages mostly in Dutchess count where some locations received a foot of snow.
Ice Wanderer may you not have spent most of the daylight hours clearing snow for your Son's customers and then your property. Stay alert for snow sliding off of your roof as temperature rises during daylight hours. Looks like your area and Eddie's saw the higher snow fall totals. may the repair to son's truck be an easy one.
Eddie may you be dug out and still have your mailbox in place. Guessing if you do not have your truck back will pick up tomorrow or on Friday. I hope you did not snap any shear pin/pins while clearing your drive and walkways.
Whopper Stopper may you have made it to the gun range and gotten to test out any new reloads besides keeping your shooting skills sharp. Hopefully you will not make to many rounds of snow clearing with the storm out by you.
Hunts2long smart man getting the slush cleared from driveway before it froze. I assume the new snow blower handled things without a problem . Similar with snowfall by me higher elevation areas had higher snow fall totals. Thank you for the reminder on Walleye,Northern pike season closing applies more to chain pickerel in my section of New York .
Wallyworld i think only ski resorts and diehard Winter lover's will complain about being under normal snowfall for Winter total .Happy for you the any "Lake Effect" accompanying storm was mild 12 inches is a major storm here in most areas of the Mid-Hudson valley region of NY.
IFF may you not have any emerging fruit tree buds on your farm the freeze could affect .Enjoy the "March Madness" tournament .Best to the Jayhawk's if they are still playing .

Good to read no one in storm path is dealing with any major problems. keep healthy nd safe.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1660 on: Mar 16, 2023, 05:00 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's 21* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                    I haven't read through the thread to see what's going on. I am exhausted. After doing the 5 driveways that I normally do. I hooked up
          with my son and his two workers and loaded 2 more snow blowers on to my trailer. We headed out to snow blow some driveways that he knew
          he couldn't push with the truck. One driveway was 1500 feet long, it took me 3 hours to make one pass to the top. Oh did I mention it was mostly
          up hill. We got it to where he can now plow it. Then we left to meet up with him and another worker. it was now around 4 pm and I had had it. They
          went out to do more. I got a message from him just a little while ago, and he had just got done for awhile. He said that there was 4 feet of snow
          on the driveways that they hit out a little west of here. CRAZY! :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
                    I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1661 on: Mar 16, 2023, 06:21 AM »
  Clear and 27*, winds are a little more tame today than they have been, high of 44.

Jeff…gotta tip my hat to you, what a grueling couple of days you’ve had, wow!  :bow: Hope there’s nothing but R & R on the planner for the next few days after that workout!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…all clear here now and even the mailbox is still in tact, lol.  :thumbsup:  I only had to replace one shear pin this time, a little present from the Town plow hidden in the pile, no complaints. Truck has some additional issues, but it’s running and I’m going to pick it up today.
  Bud…seems like the roller coaster weather March is famous for is still alive and well. Best of luck with the Jayhawks!  :thumbsup:  How’s your daughter feeling?
  Wally…hope your day went well on the cleanup also!  :thumbsup:  Think we’re all about ready to start seeing some Spring weather coming soon.  ;D
  H2…glad your area stayed on the lower end, would have been happy seeing that, lol.  Thanks for the reminder on the Pike and Walleye season coming to a close.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you enjoyed your time on the range yesterday!  :clap:  Did you try out some new loads in that cannon? Good news on Jo taking a pass driving in tomorrow and working from home.  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope the old boat is ready for a new owner, best of luck with the sale!  :thumbsup:

Took a ride yesterday afternoon to run a few errands down near the Albany area. It was amazing to see the difference in snow totals just by watching the snowbanks along the edge of the road. Started off with snow 2-3’ over the tops of the guard rails, ended with snow 1-2’ from the tops of the guard rails and a 9* difference in temps, lol.
  We never did lose power which was amazing considering all the trees and branches that were down. It flickered a few times during the 40-50mph gusts that came through, but we were fortunate here.  :thumbsup:
  Not seeing anymore snow in the 10 day forecast, lots of sunshine and some 40* days in the mix…we’ll take it!  Not going to put the snowblower away for a little while yet…will probably need that yet after I plant my garden, lol. Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1662 on: Mar 16, 2023, 06:24 AM »
25* and a few clouds.

IW, quite a day you had, get some rest. We were lucky here about 6 or 7 inches. Five miles away at my brothers 20 inches. My brother and nephew do all the plowing at Lapland Lake, parking lot, all the cabins and all the private houses/camps, so they had a long day also. They said they were lucky that being up in the hills it was a much lighter snow. It settled a lot just yesterday but the snow banks are pretty high.

They started boiling yesterday, made about 15 gallons. This weekend is Maple weekend so he won't boil again until Saturday so everyone can see the whole process. He gets quite a few people stopping by.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1663 on: Mar 16, 2023, 06:59 AM »
Morning all, 37° and raining here with a forecast of 48 and rain most of the day.

It's neen one of those weeks... I've been sick the past couple days, so I took today and tomorrow off. Woke up freezing today; running a fever now on top of how I'd already been feeling.

Then as icing on the cake the valve cover gasket popped a bad leak yesterday on the way home 🤦‍♂️ With the rain today, doesn't look like I'll be getting to that until tomorrow.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1664 on: Mar 16, 2023, 07:51 AM »

40 degrees, temps will be falling, with rain and snow moving in. We may be on the edge with a possible 5" of slop. With any luck we will get more rain before it switches over.

IW...Hope you have a restful day, I am sure you are feeling like a washrag today ???

Eddie...Glad all went well with your cleanup. The range was fine except all the snow to trudge through. I did step the load up some which increased the bite and bark. I'll leave things as is until closer to bear season, then I'll load up some full horsepower loads.

WW...Glad your totals were on the lower side. Hope you can find some fishable open water soon :thumbsup:

Z...Best wishes to feeling better soon.

h2l...Hope the sapping season is a good one :thumbsup:

I am off to look at a big green ash. I am hoping the guy is in no hurry and is fine with the snow melting some. If not I will probably pass.

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1665 on: Mar 16, 2023, 10:57 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope the estimate went well and the customer isn't in a big rush  ;)  fingers crossed the storm isn't too bad   :-\

IW.....I'm tired after just reading about your day  :o   get some rest today sir  :)

Eddie.....hope the truck is running like new again, sorry it had more than the 1 issue  :(

H2L.....sounds like a fun time watching the syrup making process  :thumbsup:

IFF....hope your temps warm up soon so you can enjoy those rocking chairs  ;)2

Z.....sorry you're under the weather, feel better soon  :)

Nice sunrise this morning

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1666 on: Mar 16, 2023, 03:47 PM »
Well been busy at work with some more ups and downs, but seems to be getting better.  Homeschool dinner tonight so some good eating right there.  Co-worker called in sick today so going it myself today.  We seen a whole day of 40 degrees all the way through the night, man a bunch of snow settled and now we are getting close to the mud season, but we are supposed to drop down to lows in the single digits again for next week but highs getting to mid 30's.  Going to get the boat next weekend, so need to book the hotel room, coming fast.  Supposed to get fully rigged photo's this weekend so will post when I see them.  Well better get back at it so I can leave and get some things done.  Have a good rest of Thursday everyone and a great start to Friday.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1667 on: Mar 16, 2023, 08:46 PM »
Good evening high in the upper fifties today so already seeing bare ground as snow melts . I'm trying to remember if my area had a week or longer of actual snow covered ground this Winter seems like after every storm we have had a warm spell.
Ice Wanderer may you be recovered from the long day of snow clearing may your son have all of his customers cleaned out.
Eddie good to read your mailbox is still standing. It seems there is always a surprise in the snow bank left at end of driveway by plow trucks. May the additional issues not have caused a big increase on repair bill for your truck .
Hunts2long may your nephew have a good weekend of syrup production and product sales. It is interesting how much snow fall totals can vary from one location to another even if the distance apart is only a few miles.
Zcm-82 may the fever be over and you on the road back to good health.
Whopper Stopper may you have gotten the tree job . May you see only 5" or less of the wet heavy snow from storm system.
Wallyworld thank you for the sunrise photo.
Fish/hunt4ever enjoy the Homeschool dinner. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your new boat.

May everyone have a Happ Saint Patrick's day tomorrow.  best to all fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1668 on: Mar 17, 2023, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 31* and cloudy here on my hill. ::) Rain is coming today. :whistle:
                            Eddie..........You're right the difference in the snow depth from place to place is amazing. :o  Our snow banks here on my road are
                  6' to 7' tall. Down in Warrensburg half that. I drove through Lake George yesterday and there were guys out fishing on the lake, so the snow
                  couldn't be that deep.  :whistle: I'm glad you got your truck back and your mailbox is intact. :clap:
                            H2l.............It's amazing how the snow totals were so different from place to place. :blink: We have about a dozen sugar houses here
                  in my town of Thurman, so every year they put on Maple Days, the people it draws is amazing. :woot: I believe it is this weekend and next weekend. :thumbsup:
                            Marv...........I hope the Ash tree job is something that can be put off until the snow settles, will you get the wood? ???
                            Wally..........Thanks for sharing the sunrise picture. :thumbsup: :clap: I'm glad you also didn't experience the snow total like we did. :flex:
                            Zcm...........I'm sorry to read that you are under the weather. :( Hopefully the oil leak is a quick fix. :unsure:
                            Fish...........I'm glad the your temperatures have finally moderated and the snow is settling. :thumbsup:
                            Bud...........How is the foot doing from the knife wound, and how is your daughter doing from her fall? ???
                            Not much going on today, probably some puttering is in order.
                            I hope everyone has a good St. Patrick's day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1669 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:35 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

11 degrees with a high of 15 expected . The winds will be blowing today so it's going to be  page out of mid January for us to day with windchills to deal with .

mr.clean...Mostly rain here yesterday with very little snow sticking. Next week back to the 40's, so just a bump in the road.

IW...Enjoy your day of puttering :thumbsup: The person with the tree is in no hurry. He just wants the tree on the ground. I really didn't want the wood because I have a big oak job after the snow melts which will give me about 5 cords.

WW...Beautiful picture :thumbsup:

Like IW, just puttering here today. My wife is working from home so the re freeze on the roads won't be of concern to her.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy. Careful with the green beer :whistle:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1670 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:10 AM »
Top of the Morning. 33* rain on the way.

IW, you are correct, next two weekends for Maple Days.

WW, thanks for sharing the picture.

Got the pot out, corned beef and cabbage tonight.

IFF, Kansas rolled yesterday, there also were a few pretty good games. I wish WVA could have pulled it off.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1671 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  Cloudy skies and 35* with some rain coming this am, high of 47.

Jeff…enjoy your puttering time today!  :thumbsup:  With these milder temps and rain, the snow should start dropping significantly. Glad to read a few guys were out fishing LG yet…how much ice were you out on your last trip?
  Marv…good news on the tree job and a no travel day for Jo today!  :clap:  Sounds like a good day for stuffing the stove and catching up on the puttering, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…it’s sure been a weird winter this year, ready to say goodbye until next year now, lol. Held off on having one of the repairs done for the time being, debating on putting more $$ into it or getting something else.  :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you got a taste of some warmer weather out your way! Will be looking forward to the pictures and update on your new rig soon..best of luck with everything!  :clap:
  Wally…beautiful sunrise! Corned beef and cabbage on the menu this evening?  ;D
  Z…hope you’re feeling some relief today, hope the car issues are an easy fix…good luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2…hope the weather cooperates and your nephew sees a good crowd this weekend!  :thumbsup: 

Snow settled down pretty good yesterday with the warmer weather. I cut down the two snowbanks at the end of the driveway enough to see over and Mother Nature will do the rest, lol.
  My wife and I went to see a Science Fair last evening my granddaughter was in at her elementary school. What a treat seeing some of the creative projects displayed by the students…enjoyed that, especially some of the volcanoes that were over filled spewing lava all over the place, good stuff!  ;D
  Cawfee’s still hot….

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1672 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:04 AM »
Morning all,

Happy St Paddy's Day  :thumbsup:

IW/WS.......enjoy your puttering  :flex:

Eddie....fingers crossed Mother Nature won't feel the need to replenish the snow banks any more this winter  :whistle:

H2L....enjoy the traditional dinner  :thumbsup:

Lost a lot of snow yesterday, rain and 40s today should keep it melting  @)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1673 on: Mar 17, 2023, 01:19 PM »
good afternoon, Jeff to answer about the foot, now its like it never happened, Daughters bruises have diminished and back to her old self.  We took the boat out, yesterday, and found the water level way, way down, from earlier outings.  Where we had launched before was still useable, except it was not possible to get out into the main lake/river area, as the outlet was below water level. Making the area but an acre pond. We then went to a launch are right on the river, and for me was not an option, as the trailer tires would drop off the concrete pad and trailer would have to be lifted to get trailer tires back on the slab. :woot: :cookoo: and of course comments from locals was and have been never have seen it that low in 50 years.

Weather guessers may be spot on with their forecast of 3-4 inch rainfall for last night and today.

I've given up on the carport canopy to cover the tractor and ordered a "Standard" 40' shipping container.  Now question is where to put it.  Hope its not to soft, and or muddy come time for it to get delivered.  Interior dimensions, are 39'6" length, interior width 7'8" and height 7'10" weighs in at 8,377 lbs.  May give some thought of it also being a storm shelter  ::) :unsure: Think I should brush up on my MacGuver skills so as to add a man door on a side. And maybe a window to boot ??? Who knows only time will tell.

I booked a halibut fishing charter for Mothers day for daughter and a niece. Should be an adventure 

So for now good day and back to the March Madness, my bracket sure got trashed, #13's taking out #2's ??? are you Kidding ???
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1674 on: Mar 17, 2023, 03:51 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, I hope everyone is having a Great St Pattys day
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1675 on: Mar 17, 2023, 07:09 PM »
Got some more pictures and next weekend will get some in person.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #1676 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:37 PM »
Hey Bud!! How about this???

March Madness: No. 16 Fairleigh Dickinson shocks No. 1 Purdue
FDU is the second No. 16 seed to beat a No. 1 in the first round of the men's NCAA tournament
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1677 on: Mar 17, 2023, 09:07 PM »
Good evening, may everyone be having a good St. Patrick's day. Another day with high temperature near sixty so snow gone except for some of the piles from plowing and clearing of sidewalks here at my complex. I can not find many details there was a collision involving 3 vehicles in my town 7 people injured 6 taken to local hospital in Newburgh and one air lifted to Westchester medical center.
Ice Wanderer I assume there is some elevation difference between your home's location and Warrensburg which usually means a difference in air temperature with the higher elevation being cooler so received snow for longer time period then the lower elevation spot.  This does not always hold true a lot has to do with the storm's path . Be alert when driving this weekend those high banks will limit visibility plus you  will have the additional traffic from maple weekend tourists.
Whopper Stopper May you have not needed to use your snow blower today and any ice build up be a minimal amount. Congrats on getting the tree job depending on the tree's condition the ash will make good fire wood for someone.
Hunts2long may everyone have enjoyed the corned beef and cabbage dinner.  best wished for your brother and nephew these next two weekends with sales of maple syrup and any other maple product they may produce.
Eddie think we all have dealt with choice to make repair on a vehicle or start looking for a newer one . Good thinking cutting down the end of driveway snow banks so you have better vision.. School science fairs can be interesting  also gives you a chance to see what is being taught to children these days.
Wallyworld the only good thing about snow this time of year is that it usually melts fast. I'm starting to see some green grass in spots  here in southeastern NY . .
IFF good to read your foot has healed well and your daughter is recovering nicely from her fall. Guess you will have to wait for water levels to rise before taking your boat out locally . If you have not already done this check local zoning codes to see if the shipping container is permissible and if it will have any effect on your property taxes. Nice present for your daughter and niece may they have a good trip when Mother's day arrives and boat a few halibut.
Icefisher-45 nice to see a post from you may things be good currently for you and your wife.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos.
OldSailor good evening guess so called upsets like the one you posted are one reason we watch and follow sports every so often the unexpected happens . May all be good with you and the family.

May everyone have a good weekend. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1678 on: Mar 18, 2023, 04:02 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 29* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Eddie.........Good idea not putting a lot of money in your truck at this time. :blink: What you have to weigh out, can you find another
                    one that is reasonable, with the prices of everything, it's a hard decision. :whistle: One of the perks living in my town, the guy running the loader
                    goes down every road and pushes back the snow banks at everyone's driveway. :thumbsup: :clap:
                              Marv..........Good going getting the two tree jobs, you never can enough wood. :whistle: I'm glad Jo didn't have to go to the office. :clap:
                              H2l............I hope your boiled dinner was delicious, it's one of my favorite dishes. :clap:
                              Wally.........I too lost a lot of snow, the water content in the last snow helped with that. :thumbsup:
                              Bud...........That was nice of you to book a Halibut trip for your daughter an niece. :flex: Where is the trip located? ???
                              I-45...........Nice of you to drop in. :clap: How is everything going? ???
                              Fish...........That's a nice looking boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it once the lakes open up. :thumbsup:
                              Steve.........There is about 700' elevation difference between Warrensburg and my house. :woot: So it does make a difference. :blink:
                              Again not much on the planner today, I guess i can do some more puttering.
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1679 on: Mar 18, 2023, 05:33 AM »
  Partly cloudy and 32*, high of 39 today.

Jeff….I started looking at some trucks on line yesterday, wow!  :woot:  Wondering if they changed the meaning of “reasonable” like so many other words, lol. That’s awesome your Town takes care of the people like that with snow. We had some really great guys here in the past that would help out people like that, especially some of the elderly,  then the complaints rolled in and ended that.
  Steve…60* highs wouldn’t be hard to take right now, lol, nice!  :clap: 
  OS…gotta love those underdog’s…March Madness at its finest!  :flex: :clap:
  FH4…thanks for sharing the pictures, looking good!!!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…good to see you posting again, hope all is well with the family Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad to read your foot is healing well and your daughter is doing better as well, excellent news!  :clap:  Good luck with the shipping container, lots of room!
   Wally…we had a big drop in the snow here yesterday also, glad to see it going away!  :clap: 
   Marv…hope your day went well yesterday and you didn’t have to deal with any snow removal.   :thumbsup:

Grandchildren had a half day yesterday at school and spent the other half with us which was nice. They spent quite a bit of time outside on the snowbanks doing what kids should do playing outside…playing king of the hill and sending lots of snow back on Pop’s stairs in the process, lol.  ;D
  Not sure what’s going on with today’s planner yet either, but corned beef and cabbage will be on the dinner menu!
  Cawfee’s on…

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.