Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1680141 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8640 on: Sep 29, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Looks like this deal is still going on ..just got an Email ..moved up delivery date to Friday .

OK ..try going through this site first ..it may be a one time/use code

https://coziashop.com/products/st7-buttons-and-pleats-wool-socks?fbclid=IwAR2odMo5ZxxagWWwPBKy05VhizHBDwPPAtCOyRxtCmNCnUzOy6pkpxh0oSA

Click on the this

then click on claim coupon

I just tried it- came up $9.98 for me, which is what they go for at Costco. Still a good deal, I buy a new pack every year for hunting. $4 would be fantastic- I would have snagged a set even if I did not need them this year.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8641 on: Sep 29, 2021, 09:30 AM »
I just tried it- came up $9.98 for me, which is what they go for at Costco. Still a good deal, I buy a new pack every year for hunting. $4 would be fantastic- I would have snagged a set even if I did not need them this year.

Believe it was a limited time offer ..with an extra added on discount from Amazon ...knocking it down to $3.99..Also some folks had issues using it ..try refreshing the pages .

could try contacting them ..customer service during these times have been quite helpful.

[email protected]
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8643 on: Sep 29, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Just got my first pack of socks, very nice!! Thanks for sharing this.
I just ordered 3 packs of their socks. Can't beat the price.
You have to click and copy the discount code & when you check out on Amazon paste it in the payment method section "add gift card or promotion code or voucher"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8644 on: Sep 30, 2021, 06:01 AM »

Thanks HW I could use a few pair

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8648 on: Oct 04, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Looks like this deal is still going on..I just got my 3 pairs today after a delivery debacle from UPS ..I must say fairly thick but not unrestrictive sock ..doesn't crunch your feet . worth the price of admission .

https://coziashop.com/products/st9-cozia-wool-socks

https://coziashop.com/products/st7-buttons-and-pleats-wool-socks?fbclid=IwAR2odMo5ZxxagWWwPBKy05VhizHBDwPPAtCOyRxtCmNCnUzOy6pkpxh0oSA

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8649 on: Oct 05, 2021, 09:36 AM »
Dewalt fans ...must add both item ..get a free 2 bat 5AH battery starter kit ...$298.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcd999b 

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-20v-max-jobsite-fan-bare-tool-dce512b

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8652 on: Oct 06, 2021, 06:57 AM »
FishUSA has 15% off all Rapala's today

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8653 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Recently I have seen the price of the Milwaukee 2803-22 kits have been going up by about $10 ..at first I thought it was only one tool outlet ..well it seems now others as well as Home Depot are keeping pace . I have seen some of the Dewalt kits fluctuating in prices as well . Alos it seems Milwaukee and Dewalt are heavily pushing their 12v lineups ..deals and steals ..not so much the Milwaukee M18 or the Dewalt 900 series line ups.

Flex drill with one 5ah and one 2.5ah and a free 2.5ah ..this is the newest on the market with 1400 in/lbs of torque ..no personal experience but does meet the required specs.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/24V-1-2-in-Drl-Drv-Kit-Turbo/1002986412

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8654 on: Oct 06, 2021, 11:01 AM »
Thanks HD. All this stuff coming from overseas will go up in price and could be limited or late arriving. I am reading lots of horror stories about the ports being backed up and container ships parked at sea until the port can handle the off load. The cost to rent those containers added to the extra time the ships are parked all ends up costing us in the end. Eskimo sent me a message that the ice pants I want might not be in stock until late January 2022 and the ones I did order from the Sportsmans guide that you gave me the heads up on have been out for delivery now for well over 10 days and stuck somewhere. My hunting buddies have ordered archery supplies and lots of stuff either not available or are on backorder. My best advice is if you need ice gear you better get it ordered PDQ because things will probably get worse before they get better.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8655 on: Oct 06, 2021, 11:35 AM »
Thanks HD. All this stuff coming from overseas will go up in price and could be limited or late arriving. I am reading lots of horror stories about the ports being backed up and container ships parked at sea until the port can handle the off load. The cost to rent those containers added to the extra time the ships are parked all ends up costing us in the end. Eskimo sent me a message that the ice pants I want might not be in stock until late January 2022 and the ones I did order from the Sportsmans guide that you gave me the heads up on have been out for delivery now for well over 10 days and stuck somewhere. My hunting buddies have ordered archery supplies and lots of stuff either not available or are on backorder. My best advice is if you need ice gear you better get it ordered PDQ because things will probably get worse before they get better.

Maybe sign up to get notified (link below)..Back when I ordered a lot from SG my order would ship and get "stuck" over the weekend . UPS just recently couldn't find my house..a whole process to "correct" it by just confirming my address which they have delivered to on multiple occasions ...granted it was only wool socks ..C'mon Man

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/eskimo-315270023611

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8656 on: Oct 06, 2021, 12:32 PM »
I am signed up for notifications from Acme, SG and Eskimo. They sent me notice about the late January date for in stock. I did find it a bit strange that Tractor Supply carries the Eskimo pants but only for the women's sizes.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8657 on: Oct 06, 2021, 12:55 PM »
I am signed up for notifications from Acme, SG and Eskimo. They sent me notice about the late January date for in stock. I did find it a bit strange that Tractor Supply carries the Eskimo pants but only for the women's sizes.

OK sent you a PM ..also may want to check Scheels ..they seem to be getting inventory up on their site daily ..not certain they stock Eskimo apparel but may be.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8658 on: Oct 07, 2021, 07:45 PM »
https://fishhousetoys.com/eskimo-pistol-bit/

Looks like they have a few old pistol bits without the centering point. Anyone have experience? Are these also the ones with bad blades?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8659 on: Oct 08, 2021, 06:35 AM »
https://fishhousetoys.com/eskimo-pistol-bit/

Looks like they have a few old pistol bits without the centering point. Anyone have experience? Are these also the ones with bad blades?

I dont recall any blade problems with the Gen 1 pistol bits w/o center point. I recently had my 8" Pistol Bit apart ..you maybe able to reto fit a point

https://ardisam.com/parts/structure/2964

Offline wafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8660 on: Oct 08, 2021, 05:12 PM »

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8661 on: Oct 08, 2021, 06:44 PM »
Keep your eyes open, I paid $139 for an 8 inch pistol bit on a pre season sale last year.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8662 on: Oct 08, 2021, 08:27 PM »
Keep your eyes open, I paid $139 for an 8 inch pistol bit on a pre season sale last year.

If I remember hog…you have a wheelhouse.

How did you like the pistol bit? I’m really thinking about getting one….or the Ion 10in synthetic bit….but it is sold out for just the bit.

I tried the k-drill….threw shavings all over and was only a 7.5in….didn’t like it.

Love my nils 8in with power point….but I tend to slide it under the back table/bottom bunk….thing is so long it sticks out about 1-2 ft and is in the dang way

Used old mora 7-8in on the drill…worked fine…..but missed the center point when trying to get the hole in the middle. If a guy adds a center point….the dang cover doesn’t work.

So….I’m thinking of selling some augers and going with the pistol….

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8663 on: Oct 08, 2021, 08:48 PM »
I can’t imagine a drill working any better than my Pistol Bit. Zero problems, no jamming on break through, and cuts open old holes as if it’s virgin ice. Light as a feather, who could ask anything more from a auger? I’ve kind of quit trying to convince anyone, too many here think cheaper is better. I hope their new products work for them.

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8664 on: Oct 08, 2021, 09:25 PM »
So the pistol doesn't throw shavings as bad as the k drill?  I also have a wheelhouse and k drill and makes an ice pile when drilling initial holes.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8667 on: Oct 09, 2021, 01:40 PM »
So the pistol doesn't throw shavings as bad as the k drill?  I also have a wheelhouse and k drill and makes an ice pile when drilling initial holes.
With thick ice you’re still going to get a pile of ice there’s nowhere else for it to go but straight up. I still have to use a  broom to sweep it back into the hole sometimes and flush it down a slush Copter to get rid of it. Incredible things those slush copters. Neither my Ions or my pistol flush ice as well as the Copter. It definitely doesn’t “throw” ice like gas augers. Any auger will give you big sno cone with 2 1/2-3 ft of ice or more. It’s a very clean pile but still a pile.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8668 on: Oct 09, 2021, 01:56 PM »
With thick ice you’re still going to get a pile of ice there’s nowhere else for it to go but straight up. I still have to use a  broom to sweep it back into the hole sometimes and flush it down a slush Copter to get rid of it. Incredible things those slush copters. Neither my Ions or my pistol flush ice as well as the Copter. It definitely doesn’t “throw” ice like gas augers. Any auger will give you big sno cone with 2 1/2-3 ft of ice or more. It’s a very clean pile but still a pile.

Agreed ..but my limited experience with the Pistol Bit ..it has flighting similar to a gas auger flighting more so then my HT E-Drill ..it moves them chips . As far as clearing out the hole ..if out side I just run the auger up and out of the hole ..in my hub I kick the slush into the hole and run my Mil 2704/Clam Plate/8" HT E-Drill in reverse ..

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8669 on: Oct 09, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Electric socks- as low as $5

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=electric+socks&i=sporting&bbn=10158976011&s=price-asc-rank&dc&qid=1633809017&ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank

There are a lot of listings, at a lot of prices. Make sure you get the right size, look at the condition, and note that there are some that have rechargeable batteries, and some use AA batteries. If you are thinking of trying electrics, this might be a cheap way to do it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.