Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607210 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23280 on: Apr 26, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone !!

30° at the house with a light dusting of snow. Shooting for a high of 48° today.

So far it's looking like a lighter week here at work, but that can change st any moment. I best drain this coffee mug & see what's in store for the day.

Hope you all had a great weekend & wish a good Monday to ya as well. STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23281 on: Apr 26, 2021, 06:04 AM »
31* and a breeze.
WW, boat is still in the garage. It will only take a day to get her ready to go. I don't think I have gone out on opening day in 4 or 5 years.
F/H4, you are really getting into the walleyes.
The lake is still down just over 5 feet. It would be a pain right now putting a boat in at the launch without a dock.
Hope everyone has a great Monday and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23282 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  34* here on the Hill this am also, winds 20-30, high of 48 today.

Spitz...hopefully work stays on the light side all week for you, have a good day!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...sounds like we have matching lists...wonder if our wives have their own 9:45 thread???   ;D   Glad to read you got the trees all planted...that’s the type of New Green Deal I could support!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...safe travels to your wife this am.   :thumbsup:  Mulching is on my planner this week as well...but not before I get a fishing trip in with the boat.   ;D
  Steve...will be looking forward to a follow up with the power plant. Imagine  that plant employed a lot of people.
  FH4... congrats on another excellent trip! Fine looking meal of fillets right there, yum!!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45... congrats on getting out to wet a line, that’s awesome!  :clap:  Best wishes to you and your wife, hopefully no nonsense with the insurance company...fingers crossed!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...watching those fishers had to be a good time!  :thumbsup:  Planning another trip on Ontario this week?
  Capt.J...wishing you safe travels on the road, have a good trip.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...so sorry to read about all the Covid cases, wow. Sending my best wishes , thoughts and prayers to everyone concerned!!
  Bud...my condolences again to you and the family, glad you were able to make the ceremony.
  H2...I know bowling is over for you now, but read an article yesterday that was pretty touching. This mans father who was an avid bowler had passed away, and  the son had some of his ashes put into a bowling ball. On the last night of their league bowling, he used the ball. Threw a 300 game!  He mentioned that his Dad had never thrown a perfect game...but they did it together that evening.   :thumbsup:  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiV7v2L9ZvwAhV6FVkFHfNfAFEQFjADegQIBBAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2021%2F04%2F22%2Fman-fills-bowling-ball-with-dads-ashes-bowls-perfect-game%2F&usg=AOvVaw2677sTgw-K9GqOcuM8_NCa

Had a nice weekend with the grandchildren, didn’t get a kickball game in but we did spend a pretty pleasant day outside Saturday.  Off to look at a fireplace repair job for my daughter and her boyfriend shortly, then back to the list, lol.    Cawfee’s still on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23283 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:35 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....opening weekend is best spent somewhere besides a walleye lake  :whistle:

WS.....hope you get to check a lot of your list off today  :flex:

IW.....I've discovered you always need at least 2x the amount of mulch as you think you need  ::)

Eddie......glad you were able to spend some time outside with the grandkids  :thumbsup:

CapJ......safe travels sir  ;)

MrC.....thanks for sharing the power plant news, keep us updated  :)

IF45.....nothing like time spent with a fishing pole in hand to soothe the soul  :clap:

TT......thoughts and prayers to all those dealing with covid  :(  wishing them all the best in recovering

Time to start working on the wood pile  :flex: ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23284 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day but windy. Not much on the agenda today. My wife is home until Wednesday so hopefully she gets some rest. One of her friends mother passed away over the weekend so she may go over to her house to be with her.

Ice Wanderer, prayers your wife has a safe trip to her mothers. Do you have a long to do list?

Mason Eddie, Sounds like you had a great weekend with the grandkids. Hope you get the boat out soon.

Fish, That was a great day on the water. Fish fry looked delicious.

Hunts2long, Is your lake low due to lack of snow?

Whopper Stopper, Hope you get your nuisance projects done today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23285 on: Apr 26, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Marv...sounds like we have matching lists...wonder if our wives have their own 9:45 thread???   ;D   Glad to read you got the trees all planted...that’s the type of New Green Deal I could support!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Eddie....***Caution*** on the list. My wife has everything in triplicate in case I lose one or two :whistle:

WW.... Hope you stocked up on Doans pills and epsom salt for post splitting. Remember....Lift with your legs. The sun has set on being 20 and invincible long ago :roflmao: :roflmao:

OK, back to my list.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23286 on: Apr 26, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Wallyworld, Take it slow and easy on the wood pile today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23287 on: Apr 26, 2021, 01:57 PM »
Well looks like the spring weather might be coming to the end and we might see our first 80 degree day this Friday. Not looking forward to the hot weather but some stable weather would be nice. Hopefully we will still get some moisture at times and not be dry. But the warm weather will help the snow melt and fill the lakes around here. Have a good week everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23288 on: Apr 26, 2021, 04:24 PM »
T'was a balmy -5F this AM and at 3:00PM the wind chill is -7F.
Winter is supposed to ease it's grip later this week and it will even get up into the 40's next week.

Marv is right about not being 20 any more.
My weekend forays to the cabin have been pretty hard on my almost 59 year old body this year.
Mind you the last year of doing virtually nothing due to my bout with the Rona has really taken it's toll on my strength and stamina. Hopefully by the fall I'll be in somewhat better shape.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23289 on: Apr 27, 2021, 03:46 AM »
Got in a 2HR nap, woke up with a knot in the tummy, got out some tums, and think it starting to settle down, was out to the RV before sundown, and see the  inside temp had climbed to 85, opened the roof vents to let the now cooler air in.  Its now down to 67, gentle breeze, so pretty comfy.  Doing some online property searches for land in Tennessee and debating on driving there from Wisconsin and check out some possibilities, Still 4 weeks out to load up the Daughter and take her to the beach end of May.  See some camp sights have not opened for the season there in Tennessee as of now.  Still some decisions to be made, on where next. Hope I  don't wind up biting off more that I can chew  ;D

Dave see your picture of getting materials out to the cabin  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good job, hope you can find a pace that allows you to keep making steady progress, and time to have 3 fingers worth, at the end of the day.

Pat:  that pile looks like work, 

time to check the mail and dump all the spam out of it, then another nap.

laters all.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23290 on: Apr 27, 2021, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                         It's 34* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Bud.........Good luck on your search of  a campground. :thumbsup:
                         Marv........ Jo is a smart woman, putting things on the list twice, don't tell my wife. LOL :roflmao:
                         Eddie........Are you getting your boat out today? ???
                         Wally.........That wood looks pretty knurly, take it easy. :flex:
                         H2l............When does the state put the docks in? ???
                         I-45...........I hope your wife gets the much needed rest. :thumbsup:
                         Our area has a new fiber optic phone system and I'm getting hooked up on the 4th of May, so today I'm going to make sure the path
              through the woods is clear. The company want to charge 2.50 a ft. to burry the cable, but I'm going to do it myself.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23291 on: Apr 27, 2021, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The winds have settled down this am, 38* with a high of 60 today.

Jeff...
  Dave...I’m still amazed at how cold it is there, wow! Imagine the 40* temps next week will be a welcomed change?   ;D  Sending best wishes your strength and stamina gets back on track soon..you’ve done an incredible job on that cabin build, keep up the great work!!  :bow:
  FH4...big temperature swing heading your way also! Hopefully the snow melt will bring the lakes up.   :thumbsup:
  Marv... thanks for the Caution, might have to do a little snooping around for the others, lol.  ;D   :thumbsup:
  Wally... hope you got the best of the woodpile yesterday...big fan of Epsom salts here also!!!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...taking the boat out for the first time this morning, anxious to see if the trout will cooperate.   :thumbsup:

Getting ready to load up and hit the water for a couple of hours...will check in this afternoon and see how everyone is doing!  Cawfee’s on...
  Morning Jeff, hope all goes well with the new service, good move doing the burying and saving the $$$!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23292 on: Apr 27, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 38* here this morning. Supposed to be warmer today. Landlords brother came over after work yesterday and cleaned up the yard. Hoping the mother doesn’t take over the whole yard now. Going to check out raised beds today since I can’t bend down. My wife is still sleeping. She sees her neurologist next week.

Mason Eddie, Good luck on the water today. Hopefully the trout cooperate.,

Ice Wanderer, Thats great news your getting a new phone service. You’ll save money burying the line yourself. Are you burying it by hand?

IFF, Good Luck on finding a campground.

Drifter, Your cabin looks awesome. Your doing a great job.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23293 on: Apr 27, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning All.....

23° when I left the house with a big bright moon glowing in the clear skies & a very thick frost. Forecasted to reach 55° today.

Yesterday turned out to be a fairly busy day here at work & looking like today will be no different. Time to drain this coffee vessel & see what's on the agenda.

You all have a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23294 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....safe travels and good luck finding the perfect spot to park the rv  ;)

IW......it's crazy what those companies charge to bury cable  ::) we did our 600' here 20 years ago when cable tv finally made it out this far  :flex:

Drifter.....wishing you the best in regaining strength/stamina  :)

Eddie.....hope those browns have the feed bag on today  :woot:

WS.....seems the sun has set not only on 20 but also on 30, 40, 50 etc and I feel every single one of those sunsets this morning  :pinch: :roflmao: 

Got a pretty good start on blocking the logs, another 1/2 day and that part will be over  :flex:  :thumbsup:  raining here now so no saws out today  :whistle:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23295 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:29 AM »
36* and maybe some rain today.
Eddie, good luck today.
IW, most years the dock is in by now. Right now it is setting on the ramp waiting to be pushed in. None of the marinas have their docks in yet but have seen "Dan the dock guy" putting in some private docks. Many docks are still "high and dry" where they were left last fall.
WW, a little rain today gives you a break.
Drifter, Spring is coming.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23296 on: Apr 27, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

52 with rain moving in.

IW.... Good deal burying the cable yourself. Not sure what your plan is but a small self propelled stump grinder would make short work of it and roots wouldn't bother. Good luck no matter how you go about it :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Hope you are limited out and heating the grease :thumbsup:

WW.... Hope a rest day gets you all fired up for the splitting :thumbsup:

Bud....Safe travels Sir! I predict we may see you on The Grand Ole Opry before long :thumbsup:

Today has been a busy one. I was able to get my walk in before the first round of rain. My main project of the day was cleaning the chimney. I clean it every spring which usually involves some cussing, however with the wife working in the next room, I kept it to a minimum. By the time I run a brush down the chimney, put tarps out in the house, pull off and clean the stove pipe downstairs and put them back on, I can pretty well shoot 4 hours. It's not a bad job, but I am always happy when it's done.

I also had some rearranging to do in my shed. It was time to get the wood splitter parked where I can't see it, and get the old boat closer to the door ??? One of these days I am going to take it out.

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23297 on: Apr 27, 2021, 09:04 PM »
Good evening pleasant spring day here with the day's high temperature in the lower seventies. Weather guessers calling for rain tomorrow and a warm up might reach eighty degrees.. Here is a little more information on the Indian Point power plant . The plant went into service in 1962 under Con-Edison's owner ship current owner is Entergy . During it'speak of operation one thousand people were employed right now 770 employees. Some of these people will stay on as employees of Holtec (company contracted to close/dismantle the power plant) ,others have ben offered jobs at other Entergy run plants across the Southern U.S. . It is estimate to take until 2033 to have the plant fully dismantled one problem is what will happen to the reactor fuel rods as the Federal Government has not decided where the rods will be shipped and placed for their disposal. Currently the electric power generated by this plant will be replaced by power from fossil fuel fired plants. Some people questioning the plant's closure with NY. hoping to reduced carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2040(I think). Also the local school district and town where the plant is located are wondering how they will replaced the taxes paid by the plant. I will post some news outlets where you may find stories on the plant's closing. Also I had the wrong date final day of operation is Friday April 30TH.
Ice Wanderer did you get all the mulch applied to the flower beds. safe travel to your wife. Enjoy the house guests on Saturday. Best to you in laying the cable for the new phone service. may you be happy with the new company.
Whopper Stopper good you got the chimney cleaning knocked off the to do list.
SpitzoMT may you not have to work overtime this week.
Hunts2long hopefully the water level of GSL rises and the docks get put in soon so folks have no problems launching their boats. Guess any private marina who have docks in place will be busy for the walleye season opener this Saturday.
Eddie may you have caught enough fish this morning for a meal or two and had no problems with the boat. best to you with the yard/garden work this week.
Wallyworld good start on the firewood pile may the two of you be feeling less sore after a day of rest and ready to go tomorrow weather permitting.
Icefisher-45 condolences to your wife's friend on the passing of her mother. may you be able to use some of the yard space this Spring and Summer.
Fish/hunt4ever enjoy the coming warmer weather. I hope all went well with your wife's surgery.
Drifter you maybe wearing shorts before to long. ;D Good you were able to get the paneling and flooring out to your cabin before the ice conditions on your travel route  start to get bad.
IFF best to you in the campsite search i think it will be another busy year for campsites across the U. S. .

for news stories on Indian Point try the NY.Times website (www.nytimes.com) ,  www.Spectrumlocalnews .com click on Ny.State and the Hudson Valley of NYC , Also try the website for the NYC CBS,NBC and ABC TV stations. I would not be surprised if there is a story about the plant during Friday's news broadcasts.

Have a safe and good night. best of health and good fishing.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23298 on: Apr 28, 2021, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Guessers were calling for rain this am but appears that won’t be coming in until this afternoon now. 45* this am, high of 69 today. Bright full moon again this morning, believe it’s the pink moon.

Steve...thanks for the update and links to the power plant, that’s going to be quite a job dismantling that operation.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...wishing you safe travels which ever way you may be heading!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...way to go keeping up with the chimney cleaning, one less thing to be concerned about!  :thumbsup:  Will be looking forward to your boat trip here soon... hope it goes better than mine did, lol.
  H2...looks like some wet weather moving in over the next 10 days on my weather app, should help get the reservoir up soon.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...nice job on the logs, hopefully the remainder goes well...and the aches and pains have passed.    :thumbsup: 
  Spitz... hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for you!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...sounds like some gardening for you this season, best of luck with the raised beds!   :clap:

Well, the first trip out in the boat was a bust, lol. Had the whole lake to myself with the exception of 2 kayakers who came out around noon. Water temp was 45-47* and the conditions were good, just couldn’t get the program figured trolling. I’m blaming it on the full moon..... :whistle:
  Had a nice outing nonetheless, saw 2 bald eagles prowling around and a small flock of Canadian geese came in for a splash landing honking their horns for awhile...life was good except for the catching, lol.
  Considering another quick trip or off to the stream for a bit...decisions, decisions!   ;D  Cawfee’s on....

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23299 on: Apr 28, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Good Morning To Ya All !!

33° in the hills this morning & shooting for a heat wave high of 60°.

Well, the busyness as returned here at work & the next couple days look like a nightmare. Oh well, we'll plow thru it like we always do. The good news.....1 more wake up then a 3 day weekend.

Have a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23300 on: Apr 28, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sounds like a peaceful day on the lake, sorry the fish were hiding out  :(  good luck today whichever way you decide to go  ;)  any word on your old job  ???

WS....chimney sweep, is there no job too big or too small for you  ??? :whistle: :roflmao: let's have some fish stories soon  ;)2

MrC.....that sounds like quite an involved process  :blink:  I'm sure there will be more wind farms going up here in upstate NY to help power downstate, always a topic for debate  :unsure:

IW....is MW going to be digging out the trench for the cable  ??? 

Spitz......fingers crossed busy doesn't end up meaning ot  ;)

Ran some errands yesterday and baked some coconut macaroons for a friend that just had surgery

No wood working today, helping a friend move a few things then rain coming in this afternoon  :)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23301 on: Apr 28, 2021, 06:18 AM »
47* and a few drops of rain.
Eddie, must have been nice to get out on the water. I agree, it was the Full moon, but you can only use that excuse about ONCE a month. Months with a Blue moon are better. You will have 2 days covered. I won't be going out this weekend.
IW, I see that the Park Marina got their docks out yesterday, also the Inn at the Bridge. Dan the Dock guy has been putting in some of the private dock, but it must be a pain for him with no dock at the launch site. Not sure if the state will get the buoys out before the weekend.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23302 on: Apr 28, 2021, 07:20 AM »
got a wake up text this morning from the house sitter, saying birds were really chirping away.....in the dark.  Then followed by another that it was snowing like crazy.  Sitter was up to go do a delivery.....of Starbucks.

56* in the RV nice sleep in weather ?  was about to make myself a toasted egg/cheese sandwich, and see I left all the eggs in the house....thats not up yet.  Oh will at least the coffee is on.

WW at first glance thought those were cinnamon rolls.  Time to turn the heat on. and get the crew up.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23303 on: Apr 28, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Headed to to the other palace to scout turkeys before my season starts on Saturday. I will be off line when I am gone for who knows how long.

I screwed up and lost an earlier post so this will be short.

Bud I had some friends move to Tennessee a while back. They love it because of the lack of restrictions.

ww Look into a hookaroon. It saves on the back being able to lift up fire wood with out bending over.

I need to get on the road. Talk to you when I get back.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23304 on: Apr 28, 2021, 08:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's good luck on the scouting TT. Hope all are well. Working on a aluminum rim looks a lot better already but still much to sand/prime,paint, seal hope it works out. Drifter nice your supplies are there.  Bud where you at?

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23305 on: Apr 28, 2021, 09:17 AM »
TT.....good luck!! Hope to see a couple pics soon  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23306 on: Apr 28, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Looking to get close to 60 degrees here today. Guessers are saying a possible 80 over the weekend ???

mr.clean.... Thanks for posting the link, I was looking for more information about the power plant :thumbsup:

Eddie....Sorry to read the dang moon screwed you. It still sounded like a beautiful day on the water :thumbsup:

WW.....The cookies looked awesome as always :thumbsup: Did you make a couple extra for Mr. WW? I am thinking next week I may take a day for fishing.

TT....Best of luck this turkey season :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is going to be hiking day. I have been reading about a massive hiking trail that is just north of my house a few miles. I am going to do a small section that covers 20 miles. Supposedly some of the  it is through a nature area so the scenery should be good. I am going to have my wife drop me off at daylight at one of the trailheads and I should be able to walk it in 5 hours if I keep at it. Anyway I wanted to do it before the summer heat takes over and tomorrow it supposed to be fairly cool and windy, so a good time to try it.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23307 on: Apr 28, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife is at work and my Jeep is in the shop. Keeps saying there is a misfire in cylinder #3. Can’t find out what’s causing it. Still waiting to hear about a surgery date in May. Going to my wife’s friends mother’s service on Saturday.

Whopper Stopper, Is there anything you can’t do? Hope you have a good hike tomorrow.

Old Goat, I’m sure the Aluminum rim will look good when your done.

Tom Turkey, Good luck with the scouting.

IFF, At least you had coffee in the RV and it wasn’t snowing.

MasonEddie, Sounds like a peaceful day out on the water even though the fish weren’t cooperating.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you get rain so you can put the boat in the water.

WallyWorld, cookies do look good.

Mr Clean, Thank you for sharing that link. Looks very informative.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23308 on: Apr 28, 2021, 01:25 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Is there anything you can’t do?
According to my wife, lots of things :roflmao:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23309 on: Apr 28, 2021, 02:21 PM »
I second the wife saying cannot do a lot of things. But at least we try right.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.