Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610104 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24240 on: Jul 30, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Well some needed relief from the heat only hit in the mid 80's yesterday and we even got some rain the night before and some more last night.  Looks like the CDC let some things out about the vaccine and all yesterday that they did not want out.  Looks like the vaccine is just like the flu vaccine and does not stop the contracting of the virus just supposed to lessen the effects of it.  I do not think they know what is going on most the time, just my opinion, all I know is one of our plant mangers was vaccinated and he got it and has been in the hospital for the last week.  I know the masks things are going around again I just think they do not work as most the masks that are worn are for particulates and do not stop a virus coming through them and most virus's are contracted through the moist areas so your eyes are one spot that is most common to contract virus's.  Well that is my rant for all this stuff going on around the country.  Have a great weekend and enjoy the time outside if you can, looks to be nice weather here not to hot and a little rain to knock the dust and smoke down a bit.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24241 on: Jul 30, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Got back from the shack about a half hour ago. There were a couple trees knocked down but at least nothing on the shack itself. I spent some time getting a couple trails cleared, then grabbed the camera card.

Not a lot of activity, but enough for a short video. I am going back up next Tuesday and the plan is the b-i-l is bringing his brush hog over and we are going to widen the over grown trails.

Hope you all are having a good afternoon. Hope you enjoy the video.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24242 on: Jul 30, 2021, 09:41 PM »
Good evening ,pleasant day with a high of eighty and light wind dropping back into the upper fifties over night. Quite day here after what was a noisy week at times one of my neighbors recently moved out and the apartment owner is renovating while the unit is vacant so have been dealing with different construction noises all week so far nothing to bad or for an extended period of time.
Eddie best to you and your new coworkers in getting work hours changed to an earlier starting time in the morning.
Ice Wanderer good you have card games at your house to keep the grandchildren entertained on rainy days.
Wallyworld  I also was hoping we were getting closer to life before the Pandemic started. Now looks like we will have to see what happens in August and how it will affect our lives .
Fish/hunt4ever glad you are getting a break from the high temperatures and received some rain.  I agree with your comment it does seem the CDC is still learning new things about the Covid-19 virus as the pandemic continues here in the U.S. . I never thought about the virus entering our bodies through our eyes  guess we all would  need to wear the suits you use at work to have a higher degree of safety.
Whopper good to read your shack suffered no damage from the storm. may all go well with the brush hogging next Tuesday.

Thank you to everyone for respecting each others opinions on Covid-19. Hopefully we do not see a major increase in infection rates and deaths over the next few months. Keep healthy,stay safe and have a good weekend. Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24243 on: Jul 31, 2021, 04:33 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It'd 49* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Wally.........I gave the pool to son #2 for his kids last summer because of covid. :P
                         Marv..........Thanks for the video, there are some potential bucks in the coming years. :whistle: I'm glad there wasn't any damage to
                "The Shack". :thumbsup:
                         Fish...........It must feel good to have some relief in the temperature. :unsure:
                         H2l............Any fishing plans coming up? ???
                         Steve........Sorry you have to deal with the construction noise, if I remember right you work mostly at night so it probably interferes
                 with your sleep. :unsure:
                         Eddie........You'll probably rest this weekend, getting back to work, the first week ie the hardest. :blink:
                         Yesterday I worked on the pontoon boat. The canopy zipper was pulling apart. I got it back together then took some stainless wire and
                 wove it where the zipper starts and ends. We're going to try and get the MIL out this week.
                         Not much going on today but my #2 son's wife is throwing a B-Day for my youngest granddaughter.... Penelope, tonight.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24244 on: Jul 31, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....Happy birthday to Penelope  :clap:  how old is she  ???

WS.....glad the shack survived the downed trees  :thumbsup:  thanks for the video  :bow:

MrC.....hope you have a white noise machine to help with the daytime sleeping  :-\

Eddie....enjoy the weekend  :thumbsup:

H2L.....when is MrsH2 due home  ???

IFF.....fingers crossed you've figured out the truck/boat trailer problems  ;)

Spent yesterday at the local fair selling raffle tickets for the FD, back at it today  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24245 on: Jul 31, 2021, 05:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* and clear this am, high of 67 today…sure been a crazy month of weather here in NY! 

Steve…not looking good on new work hours, but the prodding will continue regardless!  ;D  Did they finish up the tree work at your complex?
  Marv…glad you found everything safe and sound at the shack! Thanks for sharing another awesome video, nice touch finishing it off with the twins at end!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you finally got some better weather conditions out your way, hope the rains help with the fires going on out that way!  :thumbsup: 
  Wally…picked a few yellow cherry tomatoes yesterday, not enough for a BLT though, lol. Best of luck selling a bunch of tickets today!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff…we had some light rain and drizzle move in on my drive to work yesterday, but it seemed to be staying north and ended quickly. Glad you had a nice day with your grandchildren, I’m sure McDonalds and UNO was well received, good job grandpa!! Happy Birthday Penelope!    :clap: :thumbsup:

Not too much on the planner today other than catching up on the lawn work before the next round of wet weather moves in tomorrow. Granddaughter would like to make S’mores tonight, so probably have a fire this evening if the weather holds.  Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day/weekend all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24246 on: Jul 31, 2021, 06:17 AM »
46* this morning.
WW, the wife will be home this afternoon, boy am I going to be "busy" this morning. Her whale trip was cancelled yesterday due to weather.
Speaking of weather, Lindsay's and I should have cancelled our "whale" trip yesterday. We both knew it was not going to be the best day to be on the lake, cold front coming in, storms the night before an NW winds. Only a few hits, WINDY and cool. But we had fun. Fished a side of the lake I hadn't fished in years. We did fish a small bay that I grew up near. We were able to watch 5 or 6 kingfishers feeding on small bait fish for at least 15 minutes. I see them once in a while around the house but have never seen that many together.
IW, Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter.
Have a good day, I have to sweep the kitchen....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24247 on: Jul 31, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Nice double nickels to start the day with less still around.

Headed out later today to pick up a used computer table for the boss. The fun will be disassembling the corner one she has now as there is now way to get it out of the house assembled.

Eddie It is too bad that they do not want to change you hours. I know I try to arrange my appointments in the  city to get away from the rush hours. I have an appointment set for 7:30 Monday morning to get away from the morning rush.

IW When the stitching on the  Bimini top on my pontoon started to let loose I used some cat fishing line to restitch it. It is a cloth line not monofilament. I found some curved needles to make it easier.
Wish Penelope a Happy Birthday from all of us in the 9:45 thread.

Raq. Sorry to here you lost a friend in Holland. As I get older it is sad to see how many of my old friends are passing away. Were you surprised to see how many green houses there are around Holland now? 

Marv There are some good eating deer around the  shack. Most of the big deer I have shot were not that good eating.

The wife wanted  to go out for all you can eat fish at a restaurant last night. She can go by her self if she wants to go again. The lake perch were tasteless to me. Maybe I have covid and lost my sense of taste. ;)

Time to get the trailer cleaned out of all of the choke cherries and hooked up.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24248 on: Jul 31, 2021, 07:34 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

61 refreshing degrees this morning should top out in the mid 80's.

IW....Happy Birthday to Penelope :clap: :clap:

WW....Best of luck selling the raffle tickets, great cause :thumbsup:

Eddie... Good luck with lawn duty. S’mores  sound great :thumbsup:

TT....The same holds true here also on the taste of the bigger deer. Where I am at in WI you can buy 1 doe tag per day throughout the season. I usually take a couple younger deer for the freezer and if successful make sticks out of anything with horns.

We are off to Fleet Farm this morning to exchange our shack camera. The IR function doesn't work so we missed a bunch of night videos.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24249 on: Jul 31, 2021, 07:53 AM »
Morning all 65° and cloudy here with a forecast of sun and 72° for a high. I was going to fish this morning, but it decided to rain from about midnight-6am, so I may go later. I need to mow the lawn, too, but it is way too wet now.

IFF - glad to hear the RV was a simple fix

mr.clean - yeah, I am covering the logistics clerk's desk as well as my job while she is on vacation. She comes back to work on the 9th, so I only have another week of it. I also picked up a pay raise yesterday for taking on both jobs without complaining too much, so the virtue of just keeping my head down at work paid off again 😁

tt - It is a rare occasion for me to see 2 deer in range at once here, but when I do, I ALWAYS take the smaller one because the meat tends to be better, and we don't eat a ton of venison, so it's quality over quantity for me. It makes the butchering a lot faster, too.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24250 on: Jul 31, 2021, 07:55 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Had thoughts of taking a break and going fishing this morning, had set the alarm, turned it off and went right back to sleep, its cooled off and making for nice weather to sleep in.  Waking up to see it sprinkling, checked with guessers, calling for rain/thunder storms and up to 2 inches of rain, which is welcome here.  So will have my morning coffee, and continue on sorting/packing which seems like an impossible task.

WW I put a code reader on the pickup, don't have the manual for the reader so not sure how to use it.  Doesn't give codes like the old reader but did see on one test if mentioned break circuit.  So at least that's a clue.  But for now will put that problem on a back burner. 

Marv, nice video as usual.  Might have to take up white tail hunting again once I am settled in Wisconsin.  Think last time I was up in that area of the woods, it was kind of overrun with deer.  Especially does.

Oh sure now its clearing off, so much for getting a good soaking rain here, maybe later in the day, at least the covers are on the boats.

maybe a good breakfast will brighten my day. :unsure:
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24251 on: Jul 31, 2021, 11:50 AM »
Howdy ER's!! A bit ago someone asked if I had tried heat for my hip pain. I have, but it quits when you take it off!! Everyone  stay well and be safe!!! :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24252 on: Jul 31, 2021, 03:24 PM »
Well snuck out yo see if the crappie were in a place I can get the boat right now with water levels and caught a couple and list a few not interested like they were in the past. Was wanting to go but the wife really did not want to but would have so stayed home to get some things done before being gone for another week and while I am supposed to be helping with hunter safety but the wife will be with the boy so all good on that and my dad has my girls and wife for help so got it covered hopefully. Seen that lighting started a fire up on the mountain but there was a crew near by and contained it quickly. This weather is nice but looks like more 90's coming our way but fall is getting close almost time to winterize the boat and start chasing elk around the mountain and waiting for ice chasing pheasants around. Have a great weekend everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24253 on: Jul 31, 2021, 09:45 PM »
fh4 when is your season for Elk ?  Bow or Rifle ?  Seems like Montana the date of September 15 is when it started.  And Wisconsin was, always the week of Thanksgiving, for deer with rifle or shotgun.  Not sure on a bow season.

I managed to box up all the fly tying stuff I had hung up on pegboard.  Sure didn't think it would take that long to do LOL.  So one small dent in what I need to do, to be ready to exit this house.  I used to say my Janice is an Antique collector and I was living proof.  But now looks like I really helped in that area too.  I am finding a lot more fishing items than even I thought I have.

Got a steering cable ordered, might be here in 7-10 days I hope.  Glanced at/in filing cabinet, sure a lot of history I should be able to toss out, Tax papers that go all the way back to 1985.  Should be safe to toss now, think norm is to keep 7 years.

I thought the probate thing was all over but find its more like a year before its all done with.

Will take some Halibut over for Fish and Chips to have with the kids, hope they like it.  Come to think Its been awhile since I've seen any at the market.

maybe a snack and find my pillow, hope all is well with you and yours.  Stay safe.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24254 on: Jul 31, 2021, 09:47 PM »
Good evening,another day of nice weather high in the upper seventies. Off to day so knocked some house work off the to do list.
Ice Wanderer Happy Birthday wishes sent for Penelope. May you be able to get your MIL out for a boat ride during her stay with you. I also hope your fix helps correct the pontoon canopy zipper problem.
Wallyworld may raffle ticket sales have been brisk today and you had a little time to enjoy the fair.
Eddie nice to read you are starting to enjoy some produce from the garden. Just an idea maybe you can get the foreman to agree to an earlier starting time when the job location permits such as no residential neighbors.
Hunts2long may you wife's trip home have been problem free to bad the weather did not allow for a whale watch. may Lindsay and you have better weather and results on the next fishing trip.
Tom Turkey enjoy the lower humidity level while it stays in your area. best to you taking apart the current computer table and setting up the new one.
Whopper Stopper hope the camera exchange was problem free. I assume currently there is an over abundance of does currently if you can purchase a permit each day of deer season.
Zcm-28 good to hear you received a pay raise for your stepping up to cover your coworker's absence.
IFF may you receive some of the rain your state and other parts of the West need in the coming week. Remember to label boxes of items you are sorting through so you will know their contents.
Fish/hunt4ever may your dad's health improve and there be no problems while you are in Ohio. Good that there was a crew near the location of the lightening caused fire and they were able to put it out before it grew larger.

I think living close to a busy highway for almost forty years my body has adjusted to all of the noise thankfully i seem to be able to get the sleep my body needs. Ice wanderer you are correct i work mostly at night so out of touch with majority of the world. I did learn from a neighbor today that the owner of now vacant apartment is renovating before placing it on the real estate market.
Have a good night. Best to all fishing tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24255 on: Jul 31, 2021, 09:49 PM »
Steve I was wondering when you would be along  ;D
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24256 on: Aug 01, 2021, 05:25 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 53* and cloudy here on my hill. ::) Welcome to August.
                           Eddie........Yesterday was a good day to get caught up on the yard work. :flex:
                           Marv.........I hope there wasn't any problem exchanging the trail camera. :unsure:
                           Bud..........Did you try going on line and looking what the reader codes meant? ??? Going through a house after living in it a number
             of years has to be an overwhelming task. :blink:
                           Wally........I hope the ticket selling went OK and you sold a lot of them. :thumbsup:
                           Tom.........If my repair doesn't hold up I will try your way.. :whistle:
                           Zcm.........Sometimes when you just do your job, out of nowhere the management sees what you do for the company, they give raises. :thumbsup: :clap:
                           H2l...........I bet your wife is happy to be home. :thumbsup:
                           We had a good time at my granddaughter's party, she didn't know about it till she got there.
                           Not much on the planner today, but I'm sure my wife will find something for me to do.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24257 on: Aug 01, 2021, 06:07 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

58 getting to the mid 80's. The air alert and stinging eyes continue.

mr.clean...There are not as many does as the DNR want have you believe. I think the insurance companies hold a lot of weight in keeping numbers down.

IW....Glad to read the Birthday party went well :thumbsup:

Bud.... Best of luck with progression of sorting, keeping, throwing, and packing :thumbsup: The WI bow season begins Sept 18 through Jan 8. The traditional 9 day gun season is Nov 20-28th. They also have a bunch of special hunts trickled  throughout.

WW....Hope you had a banner day with the ticket sales :clap:

Eddie....Hope you were able to knock off the yard work and find some time for a S'more :thumbsup:

No problem with the camera exchange. I was surprised with how much ammo our Fleet Farm had on the shelves.

Not much on the planner today. We finally get some cooler weather and basically we are stuck indoors due to the smoke. My wife is having a  time with it due to her eye issues. It sounds like the smoke will be with us until Tuesday before it will clear out some.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24258 on: Aug 01, 2021, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sorry to hear you're still being held captive by Mother Nature  :( 

IFF....it is amazing how much "stuff" we can accumulate in a lifetime   :o  I have apologized in advance to my son for what he'll face someday  :whistle:

IW.....looks like a nice week coming up to get your M-I-L out on the water  :clap:

Eddie....hope you got the lawn work done yesterday, today looks to be a wash  ::)

MrC....glad you're able to get your sleep w/o noise issues keeping you awake  :clap:  never could get used to working overnights  :-\

H2L....sorry MrsH2 didn't get to do the whale watch  :(  bet she was happy to sleep in her own bed again  ;D

Over the 2 days we were at the fair we sold 208 tickets  :flex: :thumbsup:  never did really walk around, just hit a couple food vendors at dinner time  :) and of course the ice cream stand for dessert  ;)2

Nothing much planned today, just decompress a little from being around SO many people the past 2 days  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24259 on: Aug 01, 2021, 06:44 AM »
51* and some RAIN on the way.
WW, wife didn't get home until about 8 last night, she said she was looking forward to her own bed. She must have like it she didn't get up until after 7.
Not much planned for today. I am sure Lindsay and Rocky are going to visit.
Have a great Sunday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24260 on: Aug 01, 2021, 07:05 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to August!   55* and partly cloudy here this am, thunderstorms expected around noon today, high of 71.

Jeff…glad the party was a nice time for all yesterday, nothing like a good surprise for the little ones!!  :clap: :bow: 
  Steve…the funny thing behind this job we’re doing is it’s in a commercial zone, shopping center lot. Two other trades are starting at 6am… ;D…we’ll keep on prodding, lol.  ;)2
  Bud…best wishes with the moving/packing, never an easy task that’s for sure.  :thumbsup: 
  FH4…nice job on the crappies!  :clap:  Hope you have a safe trip and a quick work week in Ohio!
  Z…glad you got some cooler weather anyway, good luck with the fishing today if that’s on the planner.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad all went well exchanging the game camera yesterday, what type are you using?   :thumbsup:  That sucks you finally get a break in the weather and have to deal with the smoke issue…best wishes that’s all done soon! The S’mores were good!   ;D
  Tom…I’m not certain why there’s a problem starting a little earlier, but perhaps it has something to do with the job contract signed by the contractor? Can’t get any info other than NO, lol. Hope all is well with your wife and family Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…congrats on the ticket sales, enjoy the R&R today!!  :clap: 
  H2…welcome back home to your wife, bet it fealt great for her getting back in her own bed again!   :thumbsup:

Got most of the mowing done yesterday at my sons house until I  heard the motor start making some rat a tat noises. Shut it down and checked the oil, level was good and still fairly clean, fresh oil and filter this Spring. Guessing it’s a pushrod going bad, might tear it down in my sons garage today when the rain starts. Certainly not how I envisioned spending my time today…Doh!   ;D
  Quick trip to the transfer station and then searching You Tube to see what kind of fun tearing down the motor awaits me, lol.  Cawfee’s still hot…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24261 on: Aug 01, 2021, 07:19 AM »
Good Morning ER's

WW uh huh, been in this house 31 years 1 month, so its understandable how much has come and gone, I've said often the problem is the electric lights,  When it gets dark and lights are off, things in the dark multiply.  The Garage is a good example. :roflmao:

Jeff;  The older code reader I had would display code numbers, this one is much  newer, and doesn't display codes, but list tests.  it gives their web address for its manual,  will have to give that a look at.  But for now, need to keep at sorting what to keep for the next chapter in my life

See its a cool 60* out and the deck is wet.  Don't have a rain gauge out so will have to see what the local TV weather is reporting for the area.

All I am seeing is the Doom and Gloom about the new virus,  See a red globe on the east horizon, so its going to be warming up soon, very soon.

See Eddie has posted ahead of me, yeah where is that easy button ???

Take care all.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24262 on: Aug 01, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Hit Denver and the smoke is as bad here as home was a few days ago made the planes slow today for visibility on landing will see how take off is and how O'Hare is when I get there. Well here is to another day of traveling.

Our elk season depends on where you hunt I can start with the rifle as soon as August 15th in one area. Other areas open from September 20th to October 1st for rifle. Then for archery most start the 1st of September and run the month. The area I like to hunt has a archery only tag and they give 15 days for them to hunt elk by themselves so archery for me starts the 15th of September sometimes I am glad they do not change things every year like I heard some states do. 

Have a good Sunday everyone. Be safe in the heat, smoke, or rain.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24263 on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:22 AM »
fh4 I didn't think Denver was very bad for smoke, when I drove out to Olympia via Billings MT it was a lot more going into Billings and on west.  I had to give a masked bandit a ride to the park, very young raccoon decided it was strong enough to trip an open haveaheart trap that wasn't
 meant to catch anything oh now I see how to rotate the photo's  ;D

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24264 on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:22 AM »

Finally had some little ones show up this morning, Mom and 7 babies  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24265 on: Aug 01, 2021, 10:06 AM »

Finally had some little ones show up this morning, Mom and 7 babies  :thumbsup: :clap:

Nice picture WW. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Eddie.... The camera we brought back was a Browning. For the most part they have been pretty good although the older Browning's were better.

I grabbed the card out of the home camera and it only had 3 videos in 2 days. All 3 were of the fawn that's been hanging around so I made a video with what I had.

WS

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24266 on: Aug 01, 2021, 10:34 AM »
Nice picture WW.  I like your bird feeder hanger..   ;)

Great video Marv..

Tom I saw a couple greenhouses and new nurseries   and boy things have changed. Don’t know how people put up with the traffic and road construction.. Glad I live in the mountains and country now.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24267 on: Aug 01, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Good evening nice start to the day now have a light rain falling. I have to check on-line after posting or turn on the TV and watch news broadcast to see all that is happening in our world.
Ice Wanderer nice to read everyone enjoyed Penelope's birthday party and you were able to surprise her with the party.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the brief video of the fawn and info. on doe numbers in Wisconsin. May the smoke clear out soon so things are better for your wife and others with medical issues affected by the smoke. Good to read the game camera exchange was problem free.
Wallyworld it took me sometime to get adjusted to working the over night shift. Glad I'm now mostly work in one time frame early in my career at the store i would work three different shifts in the course of a week and for a while worked 4-5 hours on a Sunday morning then would go back to work at midnight on Monday. that caused me problems at times. Good to hear you sold slightly over two hundred raffle tickets in two days. Sorry you did not get to see much of the fair other then the food vendors. May the coming days not show any signs of Mr.WW or you have picked up any unwanted illnesses from the fair.
Hunts2long glad your wife got home safely sounds like she caught on some needed sleep once back home. May your wife also show no signs of picking up anything unwanted from the trip.
Eddie interesting about your current work place as you said maybe something in the contract or your current job foreman is not able to be at work before 7;30Am due to something in his personal life. I hope you found some good instructional videos if you worked on the lawn mower engine today.
IFF glad you maybe able to get a manual for the scan tool which will help you when working on the pick-up truck.
Fish/hunt4ever may the wait time to leave Denver not have been to long and any other flight connections gone smoothly. have a good week in Ohio.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24268 on: Aug 02, 2021, 04:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  56* and partly cloudy skies this am, high of 72 today. Had some pretty heavy rains fall late yesterday afternoon here.

Steve…found several videos on the motor in my garden tractor, actually tried the easiest spot to access and checked the valves yesterday. They seemed to be ok, will have to do a deeper search in the motor. From what I have researched on this engine, it’s a Kohler 22 hp  Courage, they seem to have a bad reputation, lol, just my luck.  ;D
  Marv…thank you for sharing the video and the cameras your using! I’m certain that video will be thoroughly enjoyed by my granddaughter later today!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…glad the turkeys finally showed up, thanks for sharing!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…good luck in your search for the codes, hopefully it’s just something simple!   :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Looks like pretty decent weather here for the work week, that’s been a rarity this season. Running a tad behind, will check in at break and see how everyone is doing today!  Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24269 on: Aug 02, 2021, 04:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 55* and clear here on my hill.  ::)
                        Eddie.......Is that your mower or your sons? I hope yo can get it fixed with out too much trouble. ???
                        Marv........Sure when it finally cools down , you can't get out because of the smoke. I hope it clears out for you. :whistle:
                        Wally.......The plan is for going out tomorrow, looks to be a nicer day. :thumbsup: I believe my wife is taking her home on Wednesday. :unsure:
                        H2l..........There's nothing like your own bed, I'm sure your wife is glad to be in it. :clap: :woot: Did Lindsay and Rocky visit? ???
                        Bud.........Good luck finding the problem. :blink:
                        Fish.........I hope your other connecting flights didn't cause too many problems for you. :unsure:
                        Yesterday was a a take it easy day, went to the transfer station, went to town for some groceries, then I started to clean out my truck but the
                rain came and had to stop. I will finish that today.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.