Author Topic: Time to move  (Read 1739 times)

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
Time to move
« on: Mar 06, 2021, 09:28 AM »
I was able to get out the last six days of the season everyday for me before ice went bad after my surgery recovery was over.  Now its time for the long poles and switching to My Fish Finder.  See you next ice season.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Time to move
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2021, 07:00 AM »
I’m moving to the soft water side as well! Hope to see you all next ice season, stay healthy and safe! Hex

Offline Scheu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2021, 04:21 PM »
There have been a few guys on a some lakes in Steuben county last week, but the shoreline ice is getting pretty sketchy.
It's time to call it quits for safety sake. I have enjoyed all of the posts this season. Especially the regulars like you two. I caught a lot of quality fish this season.
It was a good season. Plus I found two new "Go To Spots" for some nice crappie and gills. Will definitely be visiting those spots for many future seasons.
God Bless and I will be looking forward to next winter and your posts.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2021, 06:42 AM »
I was out in the boat on the Kankakee yesterday with my boy. All the backwaters are wide open. White Oak Bayou was maybe 20% ice covered, but I sure wouldn't trust that ice.

There were quite a few other boats at the ramp, too, and a couple people fishing from the bank. We didn't do worth a bent nickel, but it was nice to be back in the boat.

I don't use any open water sites. Used to peruse a couple FB groups for local rivers, but it was a drama fest, so I dropped out of them several years ago.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.