Author Topic: The weekend  (Read 901 times)

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
The weekend
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:42 AM »
Went to Pasqua on Sat - 8 pike nothing over six pounds to dogs both over five pounds and 12 perch kept 4.  Then on Sunday we hit Katepwa - three adults two kids stopped counting perch at 50 that was just me.  And good perch too a few just over a pound 12 and 13 inches,  seven walleye one to two pounds one dog and one sucker was a great weekend.
Blake from Elbow

Offline BlindIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The weekend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:40 AM »
7 of us had out limit of 1-3lbs eyes in 2 hours.

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Went to Pasqua on Sat - 8 pike nothing over six pounds to dogs both over five pounds and 12 perch kept 4.  Then on Sunday we hit Katepwa - three adults two kids stopped counting perch at 50 that was just me.  And good perch too a few just over a pound 12 and 13 inches,  seven walleye one to two pounds one dog and one sucker was a great weekend.

What part of Katepwa were you on?  I'm planning to go out there and a friend has a place at Sandy Beach.  Do you know how the fishing is around there?
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline Leroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Guess that answers my question about if everyone is having a slow start to the season...

We usually fish Katepwa in January - right off the boat launch at Katepwa beach.  Lots of Perch, but never any Walleye. 

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:03 AM »
We fished just west of sandy beach. 20 to 35 feet caught most of the bigger ones deep.
Blake from Elbow

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:41 AM »
We fished just west of sandy beach. 20 to 35 feet caught most of the bigger ones deep.

Thanks.  I will give it a try next weekend.  Unfortunatly stuck working this coming weekend.
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.