Author Topic: tiger muskie  (Read 2009 times)

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
tiger muskie
« on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:32 PM »
Didn't see a muskie board so I figured I'd inquire here. Anyone target tiger muskies? Do you use the same techniques as pike? There's a small lake nearby that is stocked yearly with tiger muskie to cut down on the sunny/gill/perch populations and 30+ inch fish are common. I was hoping to target them, but was wondering if they have the same habits as pike? What sort of structure do they relate to? There are some great dropoffs and humps on one end of the lake, with the rest being a steady 15 to 20 feet. The occasional point and bay along the way. Any info would be great! I really wanna hook one of these dang freshwater sharks

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tiger muskie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Tigers like to hang out in 15-25fow and cruise the deep weed lines and drop offs set your baits half way down under the ice and hope for the best tiger fishing is a lot slower then pike fishing
Go big or go home

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2014, 04:56 AM »
Musky season closes here Dec 1. But I often see them in the house. For muskies a small bait in the winter is better that a big one. They always seem interested but very reluctant to commit.

WS

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys! I don't mind a slow bite. That's what panfish are for...fill the time gap

Offline RNsurfnturf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Come to otisco...youll get one..catch yourself big shiners on the north end and put them on your tipup
 :tipup:
Sometimes you have to fish when you can,
not when you want, but guess what?

You're still fishing!!!

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:22 PM »
I was actually thinking about otisco. I was invited up there a few years ago but couldn't go. My buddy has a camp there. Maybe I'll make a weekend outta it. I've never fished there. Any hot spots?

Offline ESOXAC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Humps and saddles are prime hog hunting structure.  8 to 15 fow with quick access to deep water. Best of luck.  Tigers are quite a bit more fun to catch than northerns pound for pound.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.