Author Topic: Possible new Quick Strike hook??  (Read 2738 times)

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
Possible new Quick Strike hook??
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Wondering if anyone has tried this style of treble hook for their quick strike rigs and if so, which way have you been inserting the hook into the bait? They come in #2, 4, 6 sizes with a 4X rating but are pretty spendy at $12 for 25. Also in red or black nickel color.

~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Possible new Quick Strike hook??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I've seen a guy use those jsut as a single treble for northerns. He put the bigger part through the bait under the dorsal fin and left the other two open. As far as a quick strike- I've never even tried making one, not really sure of the benefits of that type of rig. I say go for it.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Use it by its self. Those are the hooks I use. Very nice design.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:01 AM »
I've been using some large wide gap hooks as singles on pike bait so maybe I will give these a try as multi-point singles. Just something interesting about that design and a mouth full of hardened teeth that seem to go together.  ;D  Thanx.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.