The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: derby info for the pocono area  (Read 958 times)

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Trout through the ice... now that's nice !!
derby info for the pocono area
« on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Does anyone have any derby info for the pocono area. I usually fish the Tobyhanna derby, But heard rumor that the organizer may have passed away this year.  Anyone have any ice conditions for Tobyhanna Lake?

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 03:05 AM »
Does anyone have any derby info for the pocono area. I usually fish the Tobyhanna derby, But heard rumor that the organizer may have passed away this year.  Anyone have any ice conditions for Tobyhanna Lake?

I didn't hear of anything about Mr. Knight passing away... I'll have to check and see... I'll get back to you!

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Thanks, I hope he is still with us, aren't fisherman suppose to live forever?

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I didn't hear of anything about Mr. Knight passing away... I'll have to check and see... I'll get back to you!

I just got off the phone with Bob's daughter and Bob Knight did in fact pass awayon Nov.3, 2007. I expressed my condolences. Bob was a great Ice Fishing Tournament Organizer, he really put on a first class show.
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I am sorry to hear that the rumor was true, I hope for lots of hard water for him on his journey.

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:56 PM »
I just got off the phone with Bob's daughter and Bob Knight did in fact pass awayon Nov.3, 2007. I expressed my condolences. Bob was a great Ice Fishing Tournament Organizer, he really put on a first class show.

He was a young man too, what a shame.  Such a good guy, we've met him a few times and everytime he was in such good spirits!  I wonder what happened???

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:17 AM »
He was a young man too, what a shame.  Such a good guy, we've met him a few times and everytime he was in such good spirits!  I wonder what happened???

Ditto, I tried to be respectful and make a call from a concerned tournament participant. I didn't think it would be in very good taste to do an interview. Must have been a shocker though.
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.