Author Topic: Ice fishing gear stolen...  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Ice fishing gear stolen...
« on: Dec 24, 2003, 05:11 PM »
Someone stole all of my ice fishing gear. If you live in northern Vermont or New York please read this thread..

http://www.iceshanty.com/forum/index.php?board=21;action=display;threadid=5834

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
Re:Ice fishing gear stolen...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2003, 08:07 PM »
Essox
What a rotten shame. I hopr they catch the rotten SOBs  I will deffenetly keep my eyes on the paper and Ebay for the items. But do yourself a favor and get ahold of your insurance company and get a claim in. This is a lot to lose and a lot of money to pull out of your pocket to replace.
I hope for the best for you
best of luck
Cold Feet

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2003, 12:12 AM »
i know that no 'hobby or interest' is free from that junk but i would like to think that hunters and fisherman were better than that.... guess not  >:( sorry to hear about it man.....

Melbs     :'(

Offline Flash_King

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2003, 03:50 AM »
Bob-Same message here as I posted on NESPORTMAN concerning secure E-Mails.Does Vermont have the law on their books about the "Right to Defend your Castle(Home)" IF so -the 30/30 should be close by.
GOOD LUCK - GOOD FISHING

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2003, 10:22 AM »
DIRTY RAT *****S. That friekin s**ks man. I couldn't imagine. I'd be thinking murderous thoughts. Nothing pisses me off more than being stole from. Sorry man. I'm going to start locking my garage.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Esox, Sorry to hear that.  It still amazes me that someone could do this and sleep at night.  
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2003, 11:31 AM »
That's the problem, These scum don't sleep at night. That is when most of them do thier dirty work. Worst part is some unsuspecting fisherman will end up buying this mans stuff from pawnshop or something. Thieves should have their sticky fingers cut off, let them go through life remembering what they did everytime they have to take a leak but have no fingers, serve them right. If you ever find out who did it I hope you take a ball bat to thier kneecaps. Some terrible people in this world. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2003, 02:44 PM »
That really stinks. >:( Maybe it being x-mas the guy would have a change of heart and think about what he did to you and return your stuff. That would make it a HAPPY HOLIDAY. Hope you get your gear back :'(

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2003, 03:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about that.I have no use for theives.All you can hope for is them sc**bags too get caught.Remember what goes around comes around.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2003, 04:56 PM »
Not cool at all man!
Anthony

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2003, 05:16 PM »
ESOX     Know how you feel. When I was in high school, my buddy and I took his little brother creek fishing. We had several fish on a stringer, in the creek & little brother had the biggest one. We hiked up the hill to watch the sun set and watch another fishertheif, fish up to our camp, steal our fish and drive away. How low can you get? Couldn't believe someone would do that, and we didn't have any fish for dinner.  Hope you'll have happier tales to tell with new gear you'll get to replace the lost gear.  afishingfool

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2003, 05:31 PM »
Guys,
Thanks for all of the kind words. Considering the time of year, I'm sure my tackle has all been sold to get some "Christmas Cash". I don't hold much hope in finding the people who stole it. If is was sold, I hope the new owner gets as much joy out of it as I did.

Tight lines to all.....I'll be fishing on Jan 1st. I need to win some gear from the Iceshanty contest. ;) ;D

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2003, 05:46 PM »
In the end do the one thing they can't steal from you, have a great Christmas knowing there are people like the ones who read and responded to your posts that care. See how really rich you are? Those theives don't have that. Merry Christmas to everyone.
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2003, 05:49 PM »
Charlie,
You are 100% correct. That is what I've been thinking all day. I had a wonderful Christmas day with my family. I hope you all did as well.

Bob

Offline Big_Ray

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishing rules
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2003, 06:00 PM »
Esox, I can`t think of a more low down rotten act of cowardice bulls**t I`ve heard of in a long time!!!!!!!!! There are limits to what should be tolerated and there are three things in this world that should never be touched-A mans rifle-fishing equipment and his beer!!!!!!!!! Anyone who disregards any of these unspoken rules are fare game to any and all means of punishment.  I truly hope you are fortunate enough to reclaim your gear or at the very least find the ones who did this. Best of luck to you, and if any good can be had from this, you can at least treat yourself to brand new equipment. I live in Maine, but I will keep my eyes and ears open.  
Ray

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2003, 06:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. I had a motorcycle stolen when I was in high school. Its just a awful feeling. Just try to feel better when you are replacing it all.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2003, 06:33 PM »
Lousy pig f#$%$@#, I think they should have their fingers cut off with a auger than use their fingers for bait. I'D be down in the dimps too. I don't think you have to replace everthing imediatly, IM me i'L send you some tip ups.
Crappieloo

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2003, 07:20 PM »
hey guys ,o got some really cool stuf on a way from eastern  europe .it's a hot stuff in eastern europe right now.it's called the devil.as soon as u get a real ice i comin over to DCL.i will show some crazy stuff for jumbo perch.u will be suprised.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2003, 07:26 PM »
 ???

jiggaFL-18

« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2003, 07:39 PM »
esox...sorry to hear that about ur stuff thats awfull...now  you know what to do right  set a bear trap in ur shanty leave the door unlocked ...buy a new auger or something  and leave the box  ...or better yet get an empty box  and leave out for grabage  they will be  back  thinking ur too easy to stel from  wham  that bear trap  will get  emmm  and  by the time the ambulance and cops get there u can get a few kicks in ........gotta think like 1 to catch 1 ...that is what i was always taught  i will watch out  ...keep ur head up

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 25, 2003, 10:21 PM »
Esox, sorry to hear about your misfortunes.  Those jerks will get theirs some day.  As for you, I think your last few posts put things in perspective.  Family first along with good health makes any holiday worthwhile and the loss of material things less painful.  I believe that people that are hurt the way you are some day get rewarded somehow to make up for it.  Hope it happens for you real soon and you enjoy the holidays despite the recent events.  Any time you want to come down to PA and meet us I'll be happy to cut holes for you!
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Rotten SOBs!!!  Maybe whoever got the equipment probably saw how it worked for you, and felt that it would do a better job than his.  Every black cloud has a silver lining, in that you will replace the replaceables with probably better quality, however the irreplaceables, like so many other things will still piss you off when you look for them!!!

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Man that is just awful:  and just before X-mas too. I'll keep my ears and eyes open down here in Maine for yah. However like you said, its all probably sold for Christmas Cash. I'd keep an eye out becuase thieves will strike again if they get a chance (GREEDY SUCKERS!!. Maybe you could do a stake out of your shack and catch them this time.
Anyway good to see you will be out on Jan 1st.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2003, 07:10 PM »
Esox,
I am also sorry to hear about this terrible stunt!
In your own yard!!! That just makes me sick.
I am also in favor of the BIG bear trap with the teeth on the jaws...In Wyoming, you only have to check your traps every 72 hours...
Regards and Good Trapping,
Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2003, 08:15 PM »
Just Remember: What goes around comes around...

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2003, 07:18 AM »
IFB YOU CATCH TH F###ERS DO THE RIGHT THING AND REMEMBER TO CHUM YOU HOLES WITH THE EVIDENCE(REMAINS)
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2003, 10:11 AM »
ESOXX:  I know how that feels I had my suburban stolen from my drive way this summer. The little piece of s#*t totaled it, he'd only been out of jail a month. I belive that what goes around comes around the scumbags that stole your fishing gear will get their's!  File your insurance claim and now you will know just what gear to buy.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.