Author Topic: Inexpensive cameras from China  (Read 2083 times)

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
Inexpensive cameras from China
« on: Feb 22, 2021, 03:41 AM »
I see there are several fairly inexpensive cameras available at the giant E-mall.  Eyoyo is one brand, and you can get a recording version for $220 or so, only $130 if you don't want to record.

Has anyone here got any experience with these things?  Looks like they are branded with several different names, and of course they look Chinese made.  They have fairly good ratings, although I am suspicious of ratings in general, especially when the origin of the ratings is hidden.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Inexpensive cameras from China
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2021, 05:57 AM »
I have a 9" eyoyo with dvr.  3 of my friends have the 7". No problems with any of them. If you look around on Amazon you can find the 9" for around $170.  The batteries don't last very long though. About 6 hours on the 9".
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:19 AM »
I fished the other day with a guy who had one. It was very compact everything fit in the little suit case it came with. He did mention battery life wasn’t great. but looking at it I thought it was worth the money. Im sure you could make a cordless tool battery work.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2021, 06:58 AM »
I fished the other day with a guy who had one. It was very compact everything fit in the little suit case it came with. He did mention battery life wasn’t great. but looking at it I thought it was worth the money. Im sure you could make a cordless tool battery work.
I did modify mine to run on an auxiliary battery. Not hard to do if you have basic electrical ability.

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Have the 7 inch Eyoyo and no problems. About 7 hours on the battery not using the IR lights. Happy with the unit.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline CoryTDF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2021, 12:46 PM »
How much do you actually use this? Like, is is just for seeing what your working with and then putting it up or do you keep it on the whole time you are fishing? also, buddy of mine had a Marcum but he could not use it because it was to bright outside. Is that an issue for any of these Eyoyo cameras?
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2021, 12:52 PM »
I traded something for one of those yellow ones. I accidentally reversed the battery clamps and that was all she wrote.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2021, 01:18 PM »
I traded something for one of those yellow ones. I accidentally reversed the battery clamps and that was all she wrote.
Did it have a fuse?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2021, 01:29 PM »
How much do you actually use this? Like, is is just for seeing what your working with and then putting it up or do you keep it on the whole time you are fishing? also, buddy of mine had a Marcum but he could not use it because it was to bright outside. Is that an issue for any of these Eyoyo cameras?
I haven't seen any camera screen that is viewable in bright daylight. The eyoyo does include a sun shield but it doesn't help much.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2021, 01:52 PM »
I did modify mine to run on an auxiliary battery. Not hard to do if you have basic electrical ability.

Can you share how you did it? I was just about to buy a 7" and was a bit worried about the lack of run time.. Not like I fish 7 hours straight most times, but just in case it would be nice to run it on my drill batteries. I've converted flashers and lights all to run on them so always have them on hand
EYECONICFISHING

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2021, 02:59 PM »
Can you share how you did it? I was just about to buy a 7" and was a bit worried about the lack of run time.. Not like I fish 7 hours straight most times, but just in case it would be nice to run it on my drill batteries. I've converted flashers and lights all to run on them so always have them on hand

On the 7" you can just buy the ends that supply power to the camera and monitor. On the 9" the wiring is a little different,  the battery is inside a box that has the i.r. light control. Just open the box and you can see where the battery plugs into the circuit board. You can splice in there.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2021, 03:31 PM »

On the 7" you can just buy the ends that supply power to the camera and monitor. On the 9" the wiring is a little different,  the battery is inside a box that has the i.r. light control. Just open the box and you can see where the battery plugs into the circuit board. You can splice in there.

Awesome, what voltage does the camera, lights, and monitor run on? all 12V?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2021, 04:34 PM »
Yes 12v.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:18 PM »
Don't you have problems with your line getting tangled on the camera cable?

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2021, 07:54 PM »
I haven't seen any camera screen that is viewable in bright daylight. The eyoyo does include a sun shield but it doesn't help much.

Apparently not. It fried it.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2021, 05:24 AM »
Don't you have problems with your line getting tangled on the camera cable?
it does happen from time to time

Offline CoryTDF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Apparently not. It fried it.

Like, fried the camera screen?
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Like, fried the camera screen?

I don't remember exactly as it's been a long time ago but I know I could't get it to work no matter what I did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.