Author Topic: Striker 4  (Read 1051 times)

Offline rob1680

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker 4
« on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:32 PM »
I have a Striker 4 I bought to take when I fly-in fish Canada.  Buddy was going ice fishing with me today, and he doesn't have a flasher.  He tried to use it in the hole, could mark depth and fish, but couldn't see his jig.  Was definitely having trouble keeping it aimed.  If anyone uses the same set-up, can you post some tips, and if you have problems seeing a small bluegill ice jig?  Anything in particular to change in setting, etc?

I use a Humminbird Flasher, so I've never messed with the Striker on ice.

Offline WonderBread

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm as old as my nose, and older then my teeth 🎣
Re: Striker 4
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:42 PM »
Try using the graph setting with the ad scope turned on. Turn the fish id off. Use the 77 kHz setting when in shallow. It gives a wider cone view. Lastly, if you still can't see the jig, turn up the gain.
You may just need to adjust your gain and be done with it, but I never have a problem seeing my jig.
I hope this helps! Tight lines, WonderBread
(Avatar: taking a rest, hiking along the moose river near the confluence of the black river. 2011)

Offline WonderBread

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm as old as my nose, and older then my teeth 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:42 PM »
A-scope dang spell check
(Avatar: taking a rest, hiking along the moose river near the confluence of the black river. 2011)

Offline rob1680

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2021, 04:12 PM »
Do you use the transducer that came with it, or do you have the ice transducer?  We were using the transom mount ducer.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2021, 04:44 PM »
We use the transom mount ducer, have to play with it a bit to make sure it's sitting level is all, but have to turn up the gain a little to see small jigs.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2021, 05:49 PM »
I grabbed one this winter for the kids and setting up tip ups. It's been great with the transom ducer. I can post a picture of how I levelled it if you'd like.

Offline rob1680

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2021, 08:02 PM »
That would be great.  I even tried to hold it by hand in the right orientation, still didn't see the jig.  Maybe the settings are way off?  Which frequency sonar should it be set on.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:09 PM »
Sorry it took so long! I always use my hand to "unkink" the cord when I get on the ice. It's worked great.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Nice, looks like how the boys is setup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.