Author Topic: How many AH lithium for Helix7  (Read 2249 times)

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
How many AH lithium for Helix7
« on: Dec 28, 2020, 04:45 PM »
What amp hour lithium is everyone running in their Helix 7?

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How many AH lithium for Helix7
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2020, 08:08 PM »
I'm using an Amped Outdoors 12ah. Also use it in the summer for my H10, charge it after every 2-3 trips or 8-9 hrs.
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2020, 08:52 PM »
The helix 5 draws 600mah and helix 7 about 800mah with the brightness all the way up.

8ah would be 10 hours.
10ah- 12.5hrs
12ah- 15hrs

Most of the draw is the display.. so turning the brightness down when you are able will save a ton of battery.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2020, 10:53 PM »
Thanks! Great info.

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2020, 11:33 PM »
I try to run my brightness at 5-6 depending on the day on my Helix 5 and the Amp 12AH has been outstanding on hours running the finder..

There are other tricks to save battery as well- Run it in black color screen versus white will also save a ton of battery..  By black or white screen I mean you have 3 regular palates colors and then like 13 other color schemes you can run like blue, green, yellow then red  with a black screen is #6 sonar color i believe.  its listed as Sonar Color in the sonar screen.
Marvin

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2021, 02:41 PM »
any 10ah Lithium should be fine for a solid day of fishing

Like others have said, screen brightness plays the single biggest role in battery drain. If your outside a lot in the sun, possibly a screen shade will help you keep brightness down during the bright part of day. I made one out of a plastic trash can I got at the dollar store for like 7 dollars that I use when fish during the day.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:28 PM »
I got a Marcum 10ah I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but fingers crossed it will be better than the 9ah SLA.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:32 PM »
I run an Amped Outdoors 18ah lithium with my Helix 7. I charged it 18hrs of use, could have got more. I change it to nite mode, and keep the brightness around 5. Amped is also a site sponsor, so that’s cool to support a sponsor
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:51 PM »
I got a Marcum 10ah I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but fingers crossed it will be better than the 9ah SLA.
What was the problem when using the 9ah SLA? I use a 9aH SLA and fish for 9 hrs with no problem and the battery meter will still read 70% or more.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:38 PM »
There is really no comparison between SLA lead acid batterys and Lithum battery's.. Lithium will out last a lead acid battery by twice the hours..
Marvin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.