The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Getting cold here in se Mt wont be long  (Read 4850 times)

ratkilr

Getting cold here in se Mt wont be long
« on: Nov 21, 2003, 08:21 PM »
 Any lakes here in eastern mt freezing up yet? Cold here in miles city. Getting organized this weekend. Should be some safe ice in a week if this cold spell stays.  Been a long time since we had ice in november. Snow for that matter.

Offline Gusher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Getting cold here in se Mt wont be long
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2003, 12:15 PM »
Yep I think your right.  I'm going to go check out the bays at Tiber dam after Thanksgiving day.  Let me know how things are looking down there, and I'll do the same

bigfishswen

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2003, 11:40 PM »
I to am here in miles city, i am curious if anyone has been up at sandstone yet this year. i figure a guy might be able to get on this weekend. just curious.

thanks john

bschlauch

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2003, 12:54 PM »
THings are gearing up here in central MT as well. A few weeks ago when we had the last cold snap, there was about 5 inches on some of the smaller lakes. It has since thawed, but with this last bit of weather, Im sure were getting some ice. Hopefully it will stay for the duration this time. Gettin Giddy!!!!! Let me know if any of you all get out around Helena. Have a great Turkey Day.

ratkilr

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2003, 10:16 PM »
 Went to Sidney for turkey day. Yellowstone river is froze over around Glendive. People were ice fishing Hollecker lake there. Sandstone should be froze by now. Medicine lake should be froze also up in NE mt. Going up to ne MT to hual some stuff. Taking my ice gear to try medicine lake and hollecker. Dont know what is in Hollecker but will find out. Going to Sandstone on maybe thursday. Love them pike.
Yep I think your right.  I'm going to go check out the bays at Tiber dam after Thanksgiving day.  Let me know how things are looking down there, and I'll do the same

ratkilr

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2003, 10:21 PM »
 Did you try Sandstone this weekend? Was warm here, hope it did not get warm there and melt the ice. I planned on going to sandstone on Thursday unless I hear there aint four inches of ice.
I to am here in miles city, i am curious if anyone has been up at sandstone yet this year. i figure a guy might be able to get on this weekend. just curious.

thanks john

bigfishswen

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2003, 08:45 PM »
Curious to see if anyone has heard anything about sandstone yet. I figure to head up this weekend maybe. Lookin forward to the info

John :'(

ratkilr

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:08 PM »
 I made a little road trip this week. Hollecker has 3 to 5 inches. Kinda scary to walk on. Lake at Sidney had 4 to 6. Medicine Lake has 8+". Someone already has a spear house out already. Taking mine up there soon. Gotta get some pike. Freezers low.
 Did not make it to sandstone yet. I am heading up there Saturday or Monday. Haven't heard how ice is at Sandstone but going up anyway.

ratkilr

« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2003, 07:00 PM »
 Buzzed down to Sandstone today to take a look. Lots of people out today. Some shacks are out. Everybody fishing above the boat launch. Boat launch bay and the section along the road is thin. 4 inches or less. But the upper area has up to 8 inches. going up Sunday to fish. Should have brought some gear to fish today but was unsure if it was fishable.

bigfishswen

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2003, 08:59 PM »
I am was wonderin if anyone has any word on the ice at Ft. Peck. Just curious about the thickness and if anyone has had any luck. Thanks for the help.

John

ratkilr

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2003, 05:34 AM »
 I talked to a guy at sandstone last week and he says he has been fishing between nelson and rock creek in the dry arm of peck. I went up to the north fork of rock creek on wednesday. At the high water boat ramp there was 5" of ice. The low water boat ramp I did not punch any holes. There was a small open area of water there. Maybe 40 feet circle of water with ducks in it. Looking across the ice at the marina side on the south fork I did not see anyone fishing. Most likely safe to fish in the marina bay though.
 The same guy that I talked to at sandstone said Hell creek still has not frooze yet but I haven't made it up there yet.

bigfishswen

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2003, 11:54 PM »
 I fished on the North Fork of Rock Creek on sunday. The water is 35.9*f. There is ice at the mouth of the S Frk. all the way across to the other side. I would hesitate to make a trip to Mcguire for a few weeks. Me and my buddy landed 2 walleye's and a good sauger. Fish are in 40ft and bitin light, but they are there. Talked to two guys that fished from the bank, they landed three good lakers and a nice ling. Any word from Devils Crk?

John :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.