Author Topic: Know what makes me sick?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Know what makes me sick?
« on: Nov 24, 2007, 03:27 PM »
As I am packing to move, I see just how much equipment I have for my guiding.  Just in rods, reels, and tip ups, it would cost me just under $1400 to replace it all with new prices.  Just in Polar tip ups I have over $450 invested! 

Isn't it amazing how much this stuff adds up!  I just packed 14 rods that have never seen the water!

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
Re: Know what makes me sick?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2007, 03:43 PM »
uuuhhhhhh............y eah.......thats makes me sick too.
I sure am glad I don't have your problems  ??? ??? ???
Thats just Ducky Doc.
And I thought I was the only person who had my own sporting goods store in my house.  ::)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I had to do an inventory for insurance purposes this year for my business.  Just for guiding equipment (only used while guiding and not for fun stuff) I have just over $3,000 tied up!

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:02 PM »
 ;D ya but its a good sick  ;)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:06 PM »
;D ya but its a good sick  ;)

Not when you are looking at them and thinking "you know if I sell some of this stuff, I would not have to worry about the ________ bill."

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:43 PM »
dont sell youd never get what you invested.
 hang in there it seems your moveing to a fulltime job, it will all pan out in the long run .
  also you should get some moose clients in the area your moveing to,
      things are looking up not down, once you get settled in the north
 your guideing will tripple id bet. it looks like clutter now,but you bought it with a desire you still have a chance to realize  ;D
  good luck

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:47 PM »
The only problem with the Berlin area is there are already a handful of good guides up there.  I feel like I am stepping on their toes.  My goal is to make guiding a reliable source of income!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:53 PM »
The better half made me build a 12x13 shed to put my fishing stuff in so she could use the garage . lol
The sad thing is I really could use a little more room but it keeps me from buying more too .

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:22 PM »
The only problem with the Berlin area is there are already a handful of good guides up there.  I feel like I am stepping on their toes.  My goal is to make guiding a reliable source of income!

I thought that about fishing, until you realize the first thing that goes is recreation in tough times. Plenty of ways to recreate without spending money on a charter. A few guys do do it fulltime but they are far from well off. Expenses are so high these days its impossible to keep prices reasonable. The larger boats definitely do better with the expenses spread out over more people, however its not always the experience that people want. But when the six packs get so expensive any day , even with a gazillion fishermen on board, is better than nothing, if its affordable.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I have just over $3,000 tied up!
Well I am no Guide by no means, but I know what it's like when you stare at the inventory, scratch your head and ask yourself why.
Wish you the best of luck on the move, and remember Desire keeps you chasing after your dreams when things are tough. But good business decisions allow you to chase them in a car instead of on foot.

Hang in there,
Wellsy

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Desire keeps you chasing after your dreams when things are tough. But good business decisions allow you to chase them in a car instead of on foot.

Desire is killing me right now.  My desire to make my business a lifestyle cost me my g/f and living with her.  Now I am looking to drive this dream even further!

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2007, 04:30 AM »
after being married for 25 years its almost a split decision whether to take fishing/hunting or a wife/girlfriend.
da splake chaser

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:06 PM »
fishing and hunting!..............trust me after 3 wives and more than a few girl friends the only female I trust to understand my outdoor passion is my daughter........who might have it worse than I do........lol.
BUD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.