Author Topic: anybody fish newfound nh ????  (Read 1878 times)

dugmore

anybody fish newfound nh ????
« on: Jan 25, 2005, 06:57 AM »
anybody fish newfound lake here in new hampshire?  how bout anywhere in new hampshire i would like to chat about it   thanks

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: anybody fish newfound nh ????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:12 AM »
hello dugmore - myself and jigginwiggin have fished Newfound a few times over the years.  Have fished a couple of spots on the lake with some success.  Possibly going to be going up there this weekend looking for some lakers, bows and perch.  Just give me a shout if you need any information.
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:20 AM »
Hi Newfounders. 
I was in the process of researching building a shanty when I found this site.
Love this site and icefishing.  I got a place on Newfound 1 1/2 ago and started icefishing last year for the first time.  My dad gave up ice fishing many yrs ago, but I bought some equipment and got him back out on the ice to teach my kids and I how to icefish .  We had a great time last year on Winnisquam and Newfound.  My 9 yr old son, who isn't the outdoor type, absolutely can't wait to hit the lake again to icefish.  I know where we mark fish in the summer while trolling, and I've seen from last year where most bobhouses get put up.  We'll probably be fishing Newfound exclusively this year.  We did OK last yr in 40-50' of water just in front of the Newfound river outlet(some lakers and bows, nothing over 21" though). 
I'd like to try some other spots.  I'll be putting out cusk lines this year(didn't last year) in front of our cottage, but I'd like to fish another part of the lake with the new iceshanty.  I know from summer trolling where we mark fish.(almost everywhere).  I know from last year many shantys line infront of westshore boat launch and other groups in Hebron Bay and off Wellington.  However, I'm thinking of fishing the channel between Pikes Point and Mayhew, south or north side of Pike Point, or the bay NorthEast of Wittimore Point in front of Newfound Inn.  I see quite a few brooks flow into the bay infront of Newfound Inn.  I personally would rather catch Bows over small Lakers(better tasting).  But, would also like that wall hangin Laker.(wouldn't we all)  Anyone have luck in the areas mentioned?  As far as shanty, I'm toying with designing a 8x12.  4' floor, with 2' seats over pontoons.  Pontoons so we can nap or sleep without ever worrying about sinking or pile in a bunch of beer drinker for card night.  Should also drag easily across the ice.  Can also use it in the Summer as a house boat ;D (just kidding)  Good luck this year, and stay safe.

Offline Colli2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Hi Dugmore:

Yep - I have fished Newfound but prefer Winni or Big Squam - more action. It's a bit of a haul for me because I live in the SW corner of the state.

Colli2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.