Author Topic: Fall Stocking  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Fall Stocking
« on: Sep 19, 2009, 05:47 AM »
Following is a list of New Hampshire lakes and ponds that will be stocked during the fall of 2009 (please note that the list below is the plan for 2009. There are many more N.H. waterbodies open for year-round fishing than are included on this list):

Beaver Lake, Derry
Massabesic Lake, Manchester
Opechee Lake, Laconia
Waukewan Lake, Meredith
Winona Lake, Center Harbor
Chocorua Lake, Tamworth
Wentworth Lake, Wolfeboro
Crystal Lake, Gilmanton
Akers Pond, Errol
Cedar Pond, Milan
Martin Meadow Pond, Lancaster
Sunapee Lake (Little), New London
Stinson Lake, Rumney
Pearl Lake, Lisbon
Laurel Lake, Fitzwilliam
Silver Lake, Madison
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
Re: Fall Stocking
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2009, 06:48 AM »
I assume they are stocking trout? Waste of time in my opinion-"only the strong survive". Would like to see em manage waters for pike and trophy smallmouth bass. At least they have the ability to replenish thier own stock, whereas trout require constant stockings to keepem on the map. Why throw money away year after year?  A pike fishery would attract more money and be able to sustain itself. Wanna throw money away?, feed the pike stockies! Yum, pretty colored pike snacks! Ty for the heads up Thumbar.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2009, 06:56 AM »
Some of those places I think have been stocked over the past week or so because the trucks from the powder mill have been out stocking.                   

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2009, 07:04 AM »
Just in time to fatten up the smallies for winter!

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2009, 08:46 AM »
James

You are right,the trucks have been working.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2009, 12:49 PM »
I assume they are stocking trout? Waste of time in my opinion-"only the strong survive". Would like to see em manage waters for pike and trophy smallmouth bass. At least they have the ability to replenish thier own stock, whereas trout require constant stockings to keepem on the map. Why throw money away year after year?  A pike fishery would attract more money and be able to sustain itself. Wanna throw money away?, feed the pike stockies! Yum, pretty colored pike snacks! Ty for the heads up Thumbar.

Amen!! Though I think were in a minority here :(

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2009, 01:56 PM »

I agree, but we are in the minority. Bigger waste of money was the fish ladders they built for the salmon. ::)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2009, 08:14 PM »
To Each his own....Don't Knock the trout fishin' boys... :nono:.... :D

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Didn`t mean to down anyone-Trout, Pike, bass, pannies, it`s all the same > drill a hole and pray! Just stating my opinion in the wrong forum, wasn`t lookin to stir the pot or step on any toes.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Didn`t mean to down anyone-Trout, Pike, bass, pannies, it`s all the same > drill a hole and pray! Just stating my opinion in the wrong forum, wasn`t lookin to stir the pot or step on any toes.

None Taken  :) .....Regardless of what you like to fish for...It's all about gettin' out there to relax and catch some fish  ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #10 on: Sep 23, 2009, 10:19 AM »
None Taken  :) .....Regardless of what you like to fish for...It's all about gettin' out there to relax and catch some fish  ;)
except at mirror keith.....no time to relax...... :o
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 23, 2009, 05:18 PM »
except at mirror keith.....no time to relax...... :o

:laugh: Good Point.... ;)

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2009, 04:28 PM »
im not even gonna get into this pike/trout debate i got enough crap over on fishfinder for the winnisquam pike thing haha ;) i really cant wait for ice fishing

catch pike like its my job

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 24, 2009, 04:44 PM »
I'm kinda excited about the possiblity of pike in winnisquam as I live 10 minutes down the road.....although i will say that it was wrong for whoever put them there illegally. I promise to try and catch as many as I can this winter! ;D

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 24, 2009, 04:55 PM »
I'm kinda excited about the possiblity of pike in winnisquam as I live 10 minutes down the road.....although i will say that it was wrong for whoever put them there illegally. I promise to try and catch as many as I can this winter! ;D

Where did you here about pike in Winnisquam? 

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2009, 05:06 PM »
on fishlakewinni.com under message board theres pictures of an 18 pounder caught outta there i just went out and tryed to walk on the ice haha got a lil wet ;D

catch pike like its my job

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2009, 05:45 PM »
on fishlakewinni.com under message board theres pictures of an 18 pounder caught outta there i just went out and tryed to walk on the ice haha got a lil wet ;D

Thanks, i'll check it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.