The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Pontoosuc  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Jonesie925

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pontoosuc
« on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Thinking about heading out for some pike Saturday.... Was planning on going up to Champlain , but might not be able to make it there tonight. I've been wanting to try Pontoosuc..never been... Does anyone know how much snow is up there and if it's a slushy mess?  Any tips on where to park?
Thanks

Offline BFFlynn51

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pontoosuc
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:49 AM »
I've never been either, but I'll be there setting up early Saturday with a buddy.   If you see a grey and blue Jawbone shanty come say hi. 

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:57 AM »
I usually fish in front of the itam. There is a little path next to it wide enough to drive down. Depending on your vehicle and the amount of snow still there it might be a bit of a problem though. I plan on going out tomorrow, I may check out the path today. There is also a parking lot by the boat launch. I wouldn't fish over there but you could always walk from there.

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2017, 07:37 AM »
snow varies with drifts but tomorrow is calling for 47 degrees so it will be slushy everywhere in the berks.
Drill um and fill um........

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Fyi I would not recommend using the path I mentioned. Went to check it out today and I'm full on stuck right now with 4wd

Offline BFFlynn51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Fyi I would not recommend using the path I mentioned. Went to check it out today and I'm full on stuck right now with 4wd

Wish i was closer to help get you out.  I planned on hiking it from the boat ramp.  I could use the excercise anyways.

Offline Icetrotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:00 PM »
I've been driving my truck out onto the lake no problems all week. ALloyd I have is ford escape all wheel drive. Not even a big jasked up truck. The right tires help

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:33 PM »
A guy came by on a sled and some shovels and helped dig me out. Not sure if he is a member here but thanks!

I just found out today there is a derby on the lake tomorrow.

I don't have special tires. Just yokohama all seasons.

Offline BFFlynn51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:59 PM »
A guy came by on a sled and some shovels and helped dig me out. Not sure if he is a member here but thanks!

I just found out today there is a derby on the lake tomorrow.

I don't have special tires. Just yokohama all seasons.

Anyone else here know about the derby? If im heading there anyways might as well sign up

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Derby is 6am  to 3.  $10. Entry.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Anyone else here know about the derby? If im heading there anyways might as well sign up

The guy at the bait shop said it is a cash derby, and that they just called it on so a lot of people might not know about it. The guy who helped me get unstuck knew about it.

I found this:
https://allevents.in/pittsfield/tom-wren-memorial-ice-fishing-derby/230442307416682

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:40 PM »
The guy at the bait shop said it is a cash derby, and that they just called it on so a lot of people might not know about it. The guy who helped me get unstuck knew about it.

I found this:
https://allevents.in/pittsfield/tom-wren-memorial-ice-fishing-derby/230442307416682

That derby has happened for at least the last 5 years it usually is a big turnout
Drill um and fill um........

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2017, 02:33 PM »
If anyone happens to come across one or two frabill arctic fire tip ups over by the ITAM and doesn't want them I would be happy to have them back. I forgot to do a headcount before I loaded up the car. I usually fish alone so 4 or 5 is a lot easier to keep track of. Stupid mistake.  :%$#!:

Offline manitron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:30 PM »
If anyone happens to come across one or two frabill arctic fire tip ups over by the ITAM and doesn't want them I would be happy to have them back. I forgot to do a headcount before I loaded up the car. I usually fish alone so 4 or 5 is a lot easier to keep track of. Stupid mistake.  :%$#!:

I have done the same thing and it is frustrating. Hopefully, you will get yours back although I had my address on it and it still went MIA.
Being on ice is nice but the tug is the drug.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:39 PM »
I have done the same thing and it is frustrating. Hopefully, you will get yours back although I had my address on it and it still went MIA.

Thanks for the positive vibes. I didn't mark mine but I think I am considering it. I probably won't be able to make it out there until next weekend. The upside is that it was a great trip save for the sunburn.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Thanks for the positive vibes. I didn't mark mine but I think I am considering it. I probably won't be able to make it out there until next weekend. The upside is that it was a great trip save for the sunburn.
Rick
Check with the local bait shops there by phone and give them the heads up in case somebody not on the site told them and left their name and number.
MA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.