New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!  (Read 21059 times)

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:40 PM »
awesome!!!! we should get the closest pizza place and order a ton of pizza....just kidding lol
Do they deliver rofl.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Do they deliver rofl.
Oh man! I bet Putorti's on Main st in Whitehall would if we wanted to be lazy.  :P
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #62 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I'll be there the night before  ;)
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:55 PM »
Sunday, February 26th it is.
that works for me, I should have my son with me too and a good night sleep before.  :tipup:  :tipup:

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Just to throw it out there, that is the weekend of The Great Benson Fishing Derby, the oldest fishing derby in the country. It is open to all VT waters AND Lake Champlain.  :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #65 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Sounds like  a blast, hope to be there

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Just to throw it out there, that is the weekend of The Great Benson Fishing Derby, the oldest fishing derby in the country. It is open to all VT waters AND Lake Champlain.  :tipup:
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like the 26th is working best for most of us. Anyone want to change the date based on that?
Unless a bunch of people ask for a date change we'll stick to the 26th.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:33 AM »
i think the only other option would be saturday the 25th...seems like that weekend works for most

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:36 AM »
I work saturdays so lets keep the date.   Seem's to work for everyone.    Might be good to have the derby going that way we dont look so much like a crowd.   There is plenty of ice for everyone.
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:38 AM »
You guys called it.... the 26th...let it be.
 @)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:38 AM »
ok...will dec say something with a crowd? they cant really do anything if we arent causing problems can they?

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:58 AM »
as long as everyone is legal there will be no problems.    I hope we get a good cold snap to really tighten things up.     
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:09 AM »
ok...will dec say something with a crowd? they cant really do anything if we arent causing problems can they?
That won't be an issue at this place.
I'll generously guestimate 20 guys showing up. It definitely won't be the first time South Bay has had a crew of that many fishing together.
Judging by how crazy all of us are about ice fishing, we'll probably be quieter than most of those parties.
As long as noone is causing a commotion we're good.

FNA, my kids being there will depend on the conditions of the lake and ex  ::). Definitely a kid friendly area to fish as long as it's not a mess.

We won't mess with the date.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #73 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:29 AM »
ill be there all night long! cammping trip!

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:12 AM »
I am also thinking about camping out.  If I camped out then i could pop a few tops and not have to drive. HMMM  might have to invest in a cot :)         If the ice is nice the family might come sunday. 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Well, I wanted to camp out on the ice at least once this year.
Don't hold me to it right now, but there's a chance I join you guys that Saturday night. Ill have to see what's happening when we get closer to that day. 

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:47 AM »
me 2....i have camp on paradox and was thinking of staying there. never camped on the ice befroe..sounds interesting.....wouldn t know what to bring besides a sleeping bag...lol...would prolly saty in my chevy tho in parking lot

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:50 AM »
I got a 6 man shanty  we could all spoon and keep each other warm   :roflmao: :roflmao:    jk jk   

I got a 8ft bed that never has to be made. 

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:55 AM »
hahahaha...roundlake.. ...as long as im the big spoon...lol

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:39 PM »
well i hope you do come slayer!!!! it will be a blast

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #80 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:02 PM »
I got a 6 man shanty  we could all spoon and keep each other warm   :roflmao: :roflmao:    jk jk   

I got a 8ft bed that never has to be made.
;D well I'm into the night on the ice but I draw the line to spooning with another man unless it's hyperthoria or a survival situation.  ;)  ;D

My son is boy scout winter camping this weekend, I might him to spend the night on the ice, lol, Sat. night, but he'd be a major *$# on Sunday.  ;)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Duuuuuude!  You guys are killing me! We've got to be careful with this thread.
Some of you guys are going to get a kick out of my "profession". I've got some stuff at work for guys that want to share a shanty.  :o You can do your own raffle in there. I'll be in my cube with a padlock on the zipper if I end up staying the night out there.  ;D
If you knew what I was doing between posts on this gathering thread during the day at work yesterday you'd be shocked.  :o

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Lol   oh man.  Do we want to know.         So i got the ok from the wife to have my     mancation  so i will be camping out.     I got g old metal 55 gallon drum that i could cut in half for a fire pit. 

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #83 on: Feb 03, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Lol   oh man.  Do we want to know.         So i got the ok from the wife to have my     mancation  so i will be camping out.    I got g old metal 55 gallon drum that i could cut in half for a fire pit.
that would be the best way to have a fire, that way there isn't a fire pit left in the parking lot.  ;)
Guess I'll see about the over night but I'm only home 3 nights a week so more than likely I'll just be pulling into the parking lot Sunday morning. I've got several overnighters planned for the year.  ;)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:57 AM »
ill be cammpin ht on the ice! and i think ill bring my own shanty ;D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #85 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Sunday, February 26th it is.

Jamey, great job organizing this. I will plan on going to this. Might not be the most serious fishing trip of all time, but a chance to meet other IS'ers and drink some beer and shoot the @#$% all day with other ice addicts ! That date might just be late enough in the season to score a BIG pre-spawn female pike in that area. You would think with more than a hundred tipups in there is a good chance for somebody to score a monster that day.

See you all on the 26th.  ;D ;D ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Feb 04, 2012, 08:52 AM »
LOL   oh man this is going to be a great time.    FNA thats what i figured we can have a fire in it then I will just throw it in the back of the truck when we leave that way there is no mess.   

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #87 on: Feb 04, 2012, 10:23 AM »
It should go without saying that all of us will respect the resource - i.e. don't leave anything on the ice, and don't let your plastic food wrappers blow away. Secure them so that they don't end up choking a poor bird or fish that swallows it.

To anyone concerned about our crowd being too big and having law enforcement show up, there is no law about the size of an ice fishing crowd. If you will be showing up with an ATV or snowmobile, please do not spend the day running slalom races around everyone's tipups or otherwise ticking people off by i.e. doing buzz-bys.

And don't drink and drive. Let's all have a good time and be mature adults.  ::) :tipup:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I am bringing a plastic garbage can so we can keep everything clean and neat.   Got to put a good name out there for us ice fisherman

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #89 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:28 PM »
Hey fuller.  Can I tow you behind the sled?   We can see gow far people can go without spilling thier beer lol.   Jk.    I'll be up there Saturday afternoon setting up if your interested.  I'll have one of my wheelers to haul gear and stuff out   Cant wait to make the ice turn Green at night
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.