Author Topic: Jaw Jacker  (Read 488 times)

Offline lunkerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Jaw Jacker
« on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Hey Folks, I was looking at picking up a jaw jacker for this ice fishing season. Any of you have any experience using it ?? Whats  your opinion? Worth it ???

Thanks

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jaw Jacker
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Never go on the ice without em. Some folks here on the IS helped make up my mind about buying one last year. I think the best thing about it honestly is that I have yet to have a buried hook while using them. All the hooks are right where you would expect if you were jigging, upper lip.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:40 PM »
I love them.

I spent my morning unsuccessfully chasing flags on my tipups. The one fish I did land was on my Jaw Jacker.

I was able to pick a few of them up on clearance at Cabela’s last spring for $20-$25. I started with homemade ones, but the real ones pack up so nice, and work so darn well.

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:44 PM »
I don’t have any store bought ones but I do carry 3 of them that I made myself at home(which is pretty easy) and they work great I never go without them. But that is only cause I don’t want to drop $40 on a single one when I can use that for other supplies IMO. But like the previous post they do pack nice so I’d say definetly worth the money
Wait there's ice????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.