The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: washburn county  (Read 1833 times)

Offline knol86

• IceShanty Rookie
washburn county
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:50 AM »
Hey guys,
My buddies and I are gearing up for our annual trip to Washburn County.  We typically target crappie at Gull Lake, only lake we are really familiar with due to family leaving near there.  We have been looking into fishing some other lakes such as Long and Chetak.  Any pointers on getting crappie and/or walleye on either of these lakes would be great.  Not trying to steal anyone's hot spots but any advise would be great! Would be open to trying any other lakes in a relative close distance as well!   Thanks in advanced!

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
Re: washburn county
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2017, 03:59 PM »
are you fishing the tourney on Gull this year?  We have a group that makes that one an annual event.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 06:51 PM »
I might come over to Gull when is the tournament? Wolf Point for a beer! I deer hunt over that way every year.

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Been fishing quite a bit lately. (I'm in Spooner). Spooner lake has been pretty hot for crappies this past week. Shell was good for walleye two weeks ago, haven't been there for awhile now, Long has been very tough.  I'll be out most of the weekend all over the place.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2017, 03:29 PM »
I might come over to Gull when is the tournament? Wolf Point for a beer! I deer hunt over that way every year.

Tourney should be 2/18 always the 3rd saturday of Feb.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:46 PM »
coming up and fishing Saturday and Sunday.  Let me know if anyone else makes it out to the ice.  this will be our last hurrah for the year.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Dang I totally forgot about it, I was fishing on big siss yesterday. How was it at Gull?

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2017, 01:15 PM »
slow for us between the points.  nothing of any size.  Got some nice crappie in the basin but that's it...... biggest pike in the tourney was only 5.7 pounds or something like that.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2017, 07:56 AM »
I will try and make it there next year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.