Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632903 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12990 on: Jul 23, 2018, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope the boss finds some inside jobs for you & the guys this week, looks to be a wet one  :-\

WS....sounds like you've settled into the retired life pretty well  ;)2 

IW.....every wildgame camera we've owned quit working after one season  >:(  we now own stealth brand.....knock on wood, no issues with them  ;D

TT.....what a shame all those cherries wasted  :( 

Got some much needed showers last night  :clap: weatherman says more on the way for the week, can't complain  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12991 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....every wildgame camera we've owned quit working after one season  >:(  we now own stealth brand.....knock on wood, no issues with them  ;D

Got some much needed showers last night  :clap: weatherman says more on the way for the week, can't complain  ;)

I've owned the Wild Game cameras for 4 years now, no issues with the ones I have. I had some before that quit working and talked to a tech
       at Wild Game and they said because I was checking the SD card on a digital camera caused them to fail! ???

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12992 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:23 AM »
IW....that’s interesting. Seems you should be able to check them anywhere there’s a sd  port 😏 I always check the cards on my computer.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12993 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, warm and muggy today even with the rain. I hope everyone had a good day and stayed cool and stayed hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12994 on: Jul 24, 2018, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Not raining at the moment, but it's coming!  70* with off and on T'showers expected throughout the day, high of 80 today. Local news said parts of our area here received 4-6" of rain over the last two days. One of these days I'll have to get a rain gauge.

I-45...hope you're feeling a little better. Any news on the dispatcher job?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...we all got to take another " shower " yesterday at the work place.  ;D.  Think the only two that stayed dry were the guys cleaning out the mixer in our shop, lol.
  Jeff...my boys have a few of the cameras, not certain what make they have. Wonder why a digital camera would screw them up? Looked like a lot of rain heeding your way yesterday also.
  Marv...are you going to be targeting Muskies again this trip?

We ended up getting most of the day in yesterday, 6 1/2 hrs. in before calling it quits. The rain came down so hard at one point even the ducks in the pools took cover  Flash flood warnings are zipping across the tv this am for many areas again.
  Not certain what we'll be up to again today, yesterday we were on demolition and pressure washing. Think the suggestion box received some new reading material... :roflmao:
  Cawfee's brewing...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12995 on: Jul 24, 2018, 04:53 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

61 heading to 80 today before a cold front moves in Thursday through the weekend.

Hope you have a good day Eddie :thumbsup: We will be on a couple of muskie lakes so I will be throwing for them. The girls will probably start out for them but then they will start bass fishing. I am happy to get what time I can. I am sure the temperature drop for the 80's to the 60's won't help, but we will go with it.

I have a few stops to make after my walk, then I am going back to the range for an hour or so. A guy down the road has a bunch of early apples that he wants to get rid of. I am going to pick up  5-6 five gallon buckets of them for the bears. I have some caramel sauce to drizzle on top, I bet they will like that.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12996 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Up early this morning. A friends wife asked mine if I wanted to come down and play with her husband today. Some thing about a bunch of treated deck material sitting in the yard. He better have all of the permits lined up before he  does any thing as the lake board has gotten nastier by the day. They keep asking the wife for help figuring some thing out. She finally told them the secretary as all of her records so she can figure things out for them selves. I am mad at my self as I did not get on the ballot to run for the board. She needs to print all of the nasty messages she has gotten from them so I can hand them out at the annual meeting. Hope fully the dissatisfied  members have enough guts to speak up at the annual meeting. My list keeps getting longer and longer. I am sure they will cut me off as soon as they can.

The last I looked there was 1 1/4 inches of rain in the gague. Still heavy cloud cover this moring with a slight chane today. 50% chance on Thursday. We will take all we can get!! If you do buy a gauge make sure it is readable. The one I bought at TSC the other day is almost impossible to read. No wonder I only paid $1.05 with tax. You get what you pay for I guess.

Eddie I hope you have your rain gear with you. There looks like there is quite a bit of rain headed your way from that Noreaster.

WS We used to cook down apples into sauce for bait. I bought bulk cinnimon to add to it to make it more attractive. We had to wear protective clothing while making it as the smell brought all of the yellow jackets in town to us. One time my hunting buddy hung a rag with annice oil on it in a 6 foot balsum fir when we were up baiting. The next time we were up the tree was totally destroyed. Is there a day old bread store around. I used to buy out dated snack pies and donuts there for bait pretty reasonable. A pain to get the wrappers off but worth it as the bears loved them. Do you have a resturant or bakery that you can gt old fryyer grease from. It works great.

I guess I better get breakfast so I can see what the play date amounts to.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12997 on: Jul 24, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a humid day as well. Haven’t heard anything about the dispatcher job. Have applications out but so far no calls. Hope everyone has a good day and stays hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12998 on: Jul 24, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Morning all,

TT....hope the play date turns out well  ;D  glad to hear you're getting some rain finally  :clap:

Eddie.....as humid as it's been I imagine the extra "shower" was appreciated  :woot: 

WS....if you have a local bakery, check with them on getting the day's leftovers, I worked at a bakery many moons ago & everything left at day's end went to the local pig farmer no charge  ;)2

Not much happening here today as it's raining the proverbial cats & dogs  :roflmao:  same for tomorrow  :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12999 on: Jul 25, 2018, 05:27 AM »

Good Morning ER's,
                        It's 69* and looks like rain, the radar confirms that it's on it's way. ::)
                        Eddie......If you check in during your coffee break I hope you get your day in.
                        WS.........You really know what bears out like to eat, sweet foods. If you can get some donuts, get some glazed They like them the most! :woot:
                        Wally.......No wonder you're such as good baker, you have some good experience. :flex:
                        I-45........Any word on the job? ???
                        Tom........Your Assoc. seems to be run by a dictator, I couldn't live in a place that has all those rules. :whistle:
                        My wife went to Vt. yesterday a friend of hers husband got stung by two yellow jackets, which he's allergic to passed away from the stings. She
               went to the viewing last night and then on Saturday is a reception at a local VFW. Very sad, he was only 34 yrs. old.  :(
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or dodging rain drops!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13000 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:25 AM »
Good morning Ice Wanderer,fellow 9:45ers. Rain falling currently had a brief period of heavy rain around 6 AM forecast calling for wet weather all day. Guessing contractor will not start work at house today. Flood watches in effect for Catskill mountain region to my north and west might see one posted for my county before days end. I saw on TV news parts of PA. have flooding. On local news front law enforcement searching the Hudson river in Poughkeepsie area for a man who went  to aid of a swimmer and never made it back to shore the person he went to help did get out of the river. Also heard tragedy in Wallyworld's part of NY. three young children killed in a house fire parents able to escape with 1 year old infant tried to renter home but smoke and flames kept them out of house. Heavy rain fall has returned as I type hopefully will not loose electric power.
Ice Wanderer sad news about your wife's friend's husband some people are highly allergic to bee stings knew a person who carried a kit with syringes of medicine to counter act stings on him due to his sensitivity.
wallyworld now I know why large scale baking does not throw you into a panic. May Mr.WW and his fire dept. buddies not have to respond to to many calls from this weather.
Eddie guessing you have day off or will be doing granite facials or other inside work.
Tom Turkey hope your friend had all the need permits for project you helped out with yesterday.
Icefisher-45 hope your hear back soon from the driving or dispatch jobs.
Whopper Stopper are you shooting tighter grouping as a result of all your recent gun range trips. Ditto everyone's bait suggestions. May you or the girls get a chance to reel in a musky during the trip.
Deal Ninja hope you are not dealing with any problems caused by rain fall this week.
Hunts2long similar best wishes weather wise to you from your posts appears you live closer to a river and big lake.
IFF how are you handling all the road travel associated with your job. May you get into your local store sooner then projected.
A good day to all. To those in the North east be cautious if you have to do any traveling today.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13001 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Morning all,

WS....all packed and ready to go  ???  enjoy the water and good luck  ;)

IW.....thoughts and prayers to MrsIW's friend, what a sad occurrence  :'(

IF45.....hang in there, hope your phone rings today  @)

Another rainy day with dewpoints in the 70s  ::)  looking to get another 1 - 2" by evening  :o  might see some sun tomorrow  @)  just hoping the shift in wind will bring Les Humid to town  :woot:

Morning MrC.....such a tragic fire  :'( :'(  hope you make it thru the rains w/o any loss of power or flooding

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13002 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:34 AM »

Good morning Steve, He had an eppypen But it didn't work. One theory is that when a person get stung the next time the reaction is
                even stronger. Also the bees might be like a supper Bee!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13003 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning IW, mr.clean! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

69 as we are awaiting our big cool down tomorrow through the weekend. Plans got altered a bit with the fishing. We are heading to the shack tomorrow night and will head to a lake 40 minutes further north Friday morning. With the big cold front we will put off our regular plans for next week. Two fishing trips in two weeks :thumbsup:

TT I am getting some doughnut fryer grease next week. I dropped off 6-five gallon buckets last weekend so I am excited to dump that in the pit. I am also sitting on 5 gallons of vanilla extract, between the two the woods will smell like WW's kitchen ;D

I tried a couple of bakeries but was told what isn't sold gets destroyed. I just can's understand that thinking ???

IW sorry to hear about Mrs IW's friend. I am very allergic to bees and usually keep a pen close by. A couple times I declined on a tree because of bee activity, of course the boss made a big deal about me being scared of bees. Such unmissed stupidity.

WW are you still on lock down due to the rain? Are you a cribbage player ;D When it was raining here for a few days we could almost hear the grass grownig :%$#!:

Eddie hope you aren't getting wet. Hope you and the crew have an excellent Hump Day!

mr.clean things are excellent at the range. For the most part there hasn't been anyone else there, which I like a lot. Over the years I have acquired a good stash of bullets and powder, so finally getting time to develop a few loads is great.  A couple of days I went from the reloading bench to the range 3-4 times.

Looks like the rain is here so I best head to the garage for a bit.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Satay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13004 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:08 AM »
                Good morning Steve, He had an eppypen But it didn't work. One theory is that when a person get stung the next time the reaction is
                even stronger. Also the bees might be like a supper Bee!

IW

That's what my Dr told me also. Like poison ivy, you get sensitized, and the next time things are worse.

Very sad.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13005 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Some rain coming over night to night. We will see how that guess goes. It looks like WS might get wet today by what they showed on TV.

The play date was not that bad. My friend need help getting the used deck off of the trailer. He had bought it from his next door neighbor. The had it next to their camper at a camp ground and sold the camper. Kind of a cobbled up but he can redo it to go by his back door.

When we were taking the yorkie to the vet yesterday I noticed a doe run full blast act roos the road with a fawn not far behind. the fawn turned back when it saw my car. I wish I had not slowed down as a pit bull came out in the road chasing the deer. I would have had no qualms taking the dog out with the car.

WS What gun are you going to use on your bear hunt. If it has a scope on it make sure that the cross hairs are visible when it gets darker. Black cross hairs on a black bear are hard to see in low light. I found that out when I put the scope on a snow shoe hare, in summer coat, the first night I sat on a bait. I ended up using my shot gun with open sites after that. I never saw a bear in the hunting I did so I do not know how it would have worked.

IW That is sad about your wife's friends husband. I have a friend that is allergic to the stings. He has a kit to help him in his pocket most of the time when he is working out side.

This board has turned into a dictator ship as you say. The secretary seems to control what goes on. She said at a meeting that the docks and boat stickers were going to be run her way. People have not been able to get stickers so they have not been able to put their boats in the lake. Hopefully I can get a bunch of dissatisfied members with how the things are going to voice their options instead of being afraid to say anything.

Edit ---- I saw that there were other posts made as I was typing but I posted any ways so I did not lose all I had typed. So here are my replies to some of them. BTW spell check seems to be working better today

WS All of the restaurants around here have a tub out back that their grease goes in. It is picked up by a company that has been around for years. I do not know  about the bakeries. I will have to ask my baker friend to see what he did with his. How do they destroy what yu bakeries do not sell.

I have never reloaded but have quite a few ammo boxes full of ammo. I warned one fireman to stay away from where it was stored in the other house if it caught fire as it was just setting on shelves in a closet.

I am sure you are not missing your old boss as he sound like a piece of bad cake. Not a good piece like a fantastic cake like ww would bake.

IW It is sad that the mans pen did not work. I have been stung many times over the years. Luckily I have never had a reaction. I always had a small bottle of baking soda in my truck. A paste made out of it and put on the sting takes the pain out of the sting. I have never had a problem with poison ivy either even though I worked around it quite often. The hollow sound you here is me knocking on wood. The hollow sound comes from me knocking on my hollow wooden head.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13006 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  68* with light rain falling on the Hill this am, high of 75 today.

Jeff...sorry to read about the passing of your wife's friend, thats so sad, my condolences. We have a few guys on the crew that carry the pen as well. We got the day in yesterday...not certain we'll be so lucky today.
  Marv...the bears are in for a real treat soon! Safe travels to the shack and hope the fish are on the chew!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope you got some rain last night, sure wish we could share some of what's been falling here.
  Wally...any plans for another fishing trip coming up?
  Steve...best of luck with the house, hope the weather doesn't slow things down with the contractor.

Had problems trying to get a connection again yesterday morning...got half way to work and realized I didn't bring my cell phone....one of those days!
  Back working with the concrete crew now until the brickwork at the Mansion is approved....discovered an issue with the footing.
  With as many laughs as the suggestion box has brought to crew, some have actually been legitimate and taken seriously, passed up the ladder to management. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess, but at least a few made it!  :thumbsup:
  Not sure what will be going on this am, lots of rain forecasted...may catch up to you all early!   Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13007 on: Jul 26, 2018, 04:20 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's a humid 68* and light rain is falling at this time. I wish it would stop raining I need to mow my lawn. ::)
                          Eddie.....It's Gremlins I tell you, they pop up at any time :%$#!: Stay dry! :woot:
                          Tom......I don't understand the secretary's point of not issuing stickers, don't they have to pay a fee for them, it's revenue? ???
                          Marv......Have a good trip up north, I hope the girls catch a lot of fish! :flex:
                          Wally......The weather hasn't been very good for fishing trips, I hope it starts to clear so you can go out! :thumbsup:
                          Steve.....May the repairs go quickly without any more surprises. :flex:
                          Today MW's son is spending the day with me, I'm going try to keep him busy so he doesn't spend all day on his Kindle! ::)
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work, wet or dry at play! :roflmao:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13008 on: Jul 26, 2018, 04:23 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

58 heading to 65 today, the cool front has arrived.

Just a quick Hello before the s-i-l and i head to a local lake for a few hours. This afternoon we are all heading to the shack spending the night, and then spending tomorrow on a musky lake. The last time we were there it was pretty dead, hope this time we at least see one. From there not sure what the girls have in mind.

TT I am going to use my bow for the bear hunt. The tree I have picked out is about 25 yards from the pit so that will put me well within range for a decent shot if I am lucky enough to get one. You are correct, I don't miss the old boss :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday. I will try to check i tomorrow, hard to say if the reception will allow it.

Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13009 on: Jul 26, 2018, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

WS......nothing wrong with 2 trips in 2 weeks  :thumbsup: :woot:  have a great weekend & good luck on the water  ;)

Eddie.....hope you manage to get the day in today  :-\   weatherman said we were going to have a dry one today, woke up to MORE RAIN  :wacko:
enough already  ;D

IW....have fun with your grandson, good luck keeping him off the device  :whistle:  the grass is growing like crazy now with all the rain, just can't do anything about it with all the rain  :blink:  :roflmao:

ANOTHER wet one on tap  >:(  no fishing anytime soon, between the rain & the grandkids coming on Sunday for their annual summer visit, it will be at least another week before we can think about fishing  :( 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13010 on: Jul 26, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Good Morning. 68  and light rain. With all the rain we have gotten the lake has only come up 2/3 inches. Looks like today's rain to end in awhile so may hit the lake this afternoon. I can at least find out if water temp has dropped.

Last few days got some things done around here and took the dog in to be groomed.
Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13011 on: Jul 26, 2018, 08:42 AM »
I got woke up to thunder and lightning at 3:45 this morning. I got up and shut the windows and doors before the short down pour started. The wife woke up to the storm and did not go back to bed. When I got up at 6 am she said there was a garage destroyed 2 miles south of my property by the winds an hour and a half before we got hit. While trying to figure out where the garage was I switched to google maps. As I looked around on Google Maps I saw a lot of roads shown that do not exist. I will never depend on Google for maps any more.

I over did it at therapy yesterday so I got nothing done the rest of the day. I do not think that the therapy is going to help much with my problem so I will just live with the occasional pain.

IW The boat stickers are free right now but the secretary thinks that there needs to be an annual fee plus they need to be changed every year.  It is hard enough to get people to put stickers on their boats now. Getting them to change them every year is a joke. They will probably cut me off at the annual meeting before I get to say all I want to. I plan on handing my notes to some other dissatisfied members so they can continue if I do get cut off.

ww I am sure your grand kids are not like a freinds of mine are. His wife had 4 grandson at the cottage for the week end. Her husband had to work the weekend so they were all hers to handle. I felt sorry for her as they are a wild bunch. She could not control them.

WS I think I metioned putting mini marshmellows on the trails so you can here the bears sucking them up as they come in. Just do not put a camera in the tree with the stand in so you do not have the cubs coming up to investgate. How about piling a bunch of logs on the back side of the bait hole making the bears come around so you can get the quartering away shot you need with your bow.

I worked for a few bosses simular to your old one. One was so particular as to how things got done it was redicuous. I learned a lot while working for him but I had no regrets when I quit. I was self employed after that other than 4 years running a crew for a big pole barn company doing residential work that figured so close on jobs that they could not bedone for the quotes. I was happy when I quit that job.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13012 on: Jul 27, 2018, 03:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Raining here this morning. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Make sure to stay hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13013 on: Jul 27, 2018, 03:58 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                              It's 64* and humidity is 83% rain is not far to my west, the guessers say thunderstorms is the word of the day. ::)
                              I-45......Any word on the job as a dispatcher?
                              Marv......By the time bear season opens you should have your choice of a good shooter. :thumbsup:
                              Tom.......I hope you get to speak your piece and they don't throw you out of the meeting. :whistle:
                              Wally......I hope your families visit is a good one and the weather cooperates while they are here! :blink:
                              Eddie.....When are we going to read some of the funnier suggestions? Or it that one. LOL  :woot:
                              I guess I've become the family go to sitter, my #3 sons 2 daughters are coming today, woe is me. :roflmao:
                              I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13014 on: Jul 27, 2018, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....you're a good Grandpa to take on all the grandkids  :bow:  bet they all love spending time with you  :)

TT....good idea having back up ready to get your point across at the meeting  :clap:

IF45....any chance you can get some form of disability pay to tide you over until you land a new job  ???

WS.....fingers crossed the fish are hungry today  :woot:

Eddie....finally Friday  :thumbsup:  hope you've managed to get your hours in this week between rain drops  ::)  seems it has to clear up sooner or later  ;D

Amazingly the sun actually came out mid morning yesterday   :o @)   turned out to be a beautiful day, got a bike ride in AND got the lawn mowed
 :flex:  funny how quickly the grass bounced back from being fried to a crisp with a week's worth of rain  ;)   figured the ground would be a bit soft but it's still hard as a rock  :) 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13015 on: Jul 27, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Not much going on today. I got 2/3 of the old garden spot tilled up yesterday so I will finish that today. I hope I can find some place out of state to buy some quack grass seed to use on it. It is illegal to sell in Michigan. If it turns brown and crunchy from lack of rain it comes right back after getting rain. it is also a very tough grass so maybe it can with stand the dogs as I want to put them there so I can redo the dog run

WS
Not much happening on the musky thread I sent you. Must be the high water temperatures have shut them down. There is a picture of a mounted musky that cost a kids grandpa big $$$ to have mounted as the boy caught one that his grandpa promised to have mounted if the boy caught one that long.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13016 on: Jul 27, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Good afternoon ,had a post written this morning when I clicked on button to post lost my internet connection trying again now. After sunny morning just had period of heavy rain . I had meeting with contractor at house yesterday he found insect damage more widespread after opening wall to repair beside the wall also part of rim joist on house is damaged. Looking like sale price will drop some more before placing on the market don't feel like putting major money into house we may not get back when it sells. Also had a surprise yesterday morning on computer when I hear a pop and monitor screen goes off then see small amount of smoke coming from monitor. Quickly unplug monitor and start disconnecting wires going to it thankfully smoke stopped and no flames. Took a trip to local Best Buy and was shocked by their prices visited nearby Walmart and found a 21 inch monitor that will suit my needs currently hope to replace my system in 2019.
Ice Wanderer hope you still have some board  games from when your sons were grand children's age to keep them busy today if you loose TV and computer service. May you wife have a safe trip back from Vermont.
Wallyworld glad you were able to get a bike ride in yesterday. Thought you took your grand kids fishing one day during their visit last Summer not the same as you and Mr.WW trip but would be a day or part of one outside and away for  electronic goodies young people are so attached to these days. Might want to do some group baking fun way to work on math skills with measurement of ingredients plus pass on your baking knowledge.
Eddie hope you were able to get part of work day completed assume you still have security clearance for brick work at Gov.'s mansion.
Tom Turkey think some bakeries especially smaller ones throw out old unsold product rather then donate to charity or sell at lower price. Always a chance of someone claiming they got sick from bakery items and suing the charity and bakery especially in todays crazy world. Hope you can find grass seed your looking for  why is it not for sale in Michigan. In my opinion any change in boat permits would be a board or general membership decision not left for secretary to make policy.
Whopper Stopper have a good trip hope someone catches a musky. Assume you will start practicing with your bow closer to start of big game archery season.
IFF hope all is well with you and family been a few days since your last post. Realize between travel for work and other things you maybe pressed for time.
Icefisher-45 may phone ring today with news from one of the jobs you have applied to fill.

Stay safe and enjoy remainder of the day.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13017 on: Jul 28, 2018, 04:35 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's a humid 64* here on my hill with a 60% chance of showers this afternoon, What's new. ::)
                    Wally.........I like spending time with the grand kids but sometimes the two I had yesterday can be a little trying. By days end they get
            a little rambunctious and their voices can pierce my eardrums like like a high pitched flute. :woot:
                    Steve.........That's to bad about what the contractor found, hopefully there are no more surprises. :%$#!:
                    Tom...........Good luck in finding your Quack grass, why is it illegal in Michigan?
                    Marv..........Good luck on the Muskie hunt. :thumbsup:
                    Not much going on here today, I'm going try to get out and start cutting up a couple of trees that my #2 son and I dropped before my hand
            surgery. It will be the first time I;ll have a chainsaw in my hands since then. We'll see how it goes. ???
                    I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out doing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13018 on: Jul 28, 2018, 05:39 AM »
66 this morning. Not going to be as humid as it as been the next couple days.
Had to have daughter at Albany Airport at 4 this morning. Ran into a pretty good t-storm on the Thurway. Albany has gotten some rain the last few days.
Got out on the lake Thursday afternoon for a couple hours. 6 walleyes, 3 SMB and a rock bass.
Hope everyone has a good day, I am going to take a nap...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13019 on: Jul 28, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Another wet humid start to the day here as well.   64* with off and on thunder showers possible throughout the day, high of 78.
  Seems the gremlins have been playing games with me, early mornings seem to be their favorite time as of late.

Jeff...sometimes it's tough to keep the young ones occupied and in good spirits, that's for sure!!   ;D. Hope the shoulder is ready for the chainsaw, be careful today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...wow, glad you were there when the monitor crapped out and got everything unplugged!  :clap:   My security clearance is good at the Mansion, should be there within the next week or so starting the new wall, waiting on demo crew to finish up and arrival of new materials.
   Tom...interested in hearing more about that quack seed as well, not familiar with it. I've got 3 dogs here now and they've been putting a boat load of yellow spots on the grass.... ;D
   Wally...glad you got break in the weather and a bike ride in. It's amazing how green everything got again here as well after all the rain we've had....would like to see it stop soon so I can cut the lawn!   :thumbsup:
   Marv...hope the fishing trip is going well for you and the ladies, looking forward to your report and the bear activity!  :thumbsup:

We got super lucky with a large sidewalk pour yesterday and Thursday....thank goodness for plastic is all I can say. One of these days we're not going to be so lucky and management will find out what it means to eat 20yds. of concrete the hard way. Thunderstorms and concrete don't mix well....they must not have gotten the memo.   :woot:
  Jeff asked about sharing some of the suggestions....there are some I can, many I can't here, lol.
  One that several of us have been doing for awhile is " Red T-shirt Friday " to support our troops. If not red, anything patriotic is acceptable. It was suggested that anyone not complying with the above wear a towel on their head for the day...Doh!
   Management usually wear white hard hats when necessary, we wear orange. Someone wrote they tried a white hard on and it made them feel smarter, so they suggested we should all wear white ones and be able to walk around and criticize everybody else's work and get better paychecks.
  The foreman took last Monday off and the day ran super smooth. Someone suggested he should only work a 4 day week and take every Monday off. He kind of looked like this  :woot: after hearing that, lol.
  More to come in the following the days, readings are on Wednesdays and Fridays now... :roflmao:  Cawfee's on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.