The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Wausau  (Read 1657 times)

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Wausau
« on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I am going on Lake Wausau over in the Schofield, Rothschild Area tomorrow just wondering if anyone knows how the ice is over in that area. I see a lot of shacks out there but I just want to be safe as I am taking my son with. The plan is to take the flip over and pull it out by 4wheeler. If anyone knows the area and has been out there this year could you let me know.

Offline Indiana Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Wausau
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:21 AM »
^ did u make it out there? How thick is the ice?I have a friend (he is not really into fishing)that lives Wausau and I was thinking of making a trip up there but I don't know what the conditions are like. Do u or anyone here know the conditions and some public place in that area I can go hit the hard water?

Offline Indiana Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Can anyone help me out? It has been 4 days since I posted on this thread and had over 30 views and no reply from 1fastz28 or anyone.

Offline MattR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:15 PM »
Can anyone help me out? It has been 4 days since I posted on this thread and had over 30 views and no reply from 1fastz28 or anyone.

If I had to drive that way for any reason I would bring the auger with me to help you out, yet no plans on going that direction anytime soon. It would be a 45 mile drive for me... too bad 1fastz28 doesn't reply back since Weston is just a suburb of Wausau and very close to lake wausau.

Matt

Offline MattR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:23 PM »

Offline Indiana Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:10 PM »
If I had to drive that way for any reason I would bring the auger with me to help you out, yet no plans on going that direction anytime soon. It would be a 45 mile drive for me... too bad 1fastz28 doesn't reply back since Weston is just a suburb of Wausau and very close to lake wausau.

Matt
Thanks Matt, I got all the gear needed but no ice here in Indiana. I want to find somewhere close as possible to Wausau so I can visit my friend and have a place to stay.

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:39 AM »
Sorry guys I went out on Saturday with my son and a friend. I have been busy working all week so I have not had a chance to come on since. We went on the Lake just north of Hwy 29 in the Schofield Area by the Country Club. I had read some reviews of the area from the previous week and there were some guys saying they were slaying the gills. The day we went though it was a very slow day. I ran into a few guys I know who fish the area regularly and they said that the fish were in fact biting the weekend before but it seems the cold spell that has moved in has really hurt fishing in that area. There was a good 12" of ice or so that I saw and people were driving vehicles on the ice. No instances around here that I have seen of people going through besides down by Lake Dubay. Once again sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys its been a busy week. Hopefully things pick up as I would like to get out again this weekend.

Offline vaderscommandship

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nathan
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Ive fished above the dam 4 times now.3 mornings and one night. Not a single bite for me. Tried tip ups and jugged everything i had no takers tho.
Think im done at this spot for the year. Sucks because it is 1.5 minutes away from work.Its nce to go out for a coupla hours before work. But i think ill try radke again.
Nathan

Offline Indiana Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Does anyone have an update on the ice conditions? I am making a trip up there this weekend and would like to know.

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Was out this past weekend above the Schofield dam and once again not much for bites. The ice is still around 12 inches of ice but many more people are driving out now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.