Author Topic: Moscow, ID area...  (Read 982 times)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Moscow, ID area...
« on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Anyone interested in fishing Spring Valley, Moose Creek Res, or Elk Creek Res, get out there ASAP.  The last month the fishing has been excellent if you want to target trout.  I have been spending most of my time at Spring Valley and fishing in about 6 feet of water, 4 feet down.  The bite seems to be on in the early am, around 1:30pm and also in the evening when the shadow covers the ice.  When the bite is on, you will have a problem controlling two rods.  Sad thing is, all I can find is trout.  Heard of one guy catching a 'gill, and no word of the crappies.

Jim

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Moscow, ID area...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Been talking to quite a few people fishing bluegills down on Winchester Lake.  Word is that the 'gills are runnin' a solid 9" and a lot of people are heading down there and doing well.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Moscow, ID area...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2010, 12:24 AM »
  Finally got a flasher so I headed out to Moose Creek Res. hoping to find the crappies...  Caught largemouth, bluegills, rainbows and a SINGLE crappie.  It was a descent 11" fish, but could find where the school was hiding.  Had to be about 16" of ice...

Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.