The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Walleye???  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
Walleye???
« on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Can anyone put me in the right direction for this winter...I am looking forward to tryin to ice my first walleye...any lakes around here that I can count catching some???...Im from port huron so the closer the better....but if i have to ill drive....

flockshot

Re: Walleye???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:46 PM »
ill tell you what..i cant just tell you where to go...but i will invite you out with me and we can try to get you on some fish. i think me and chaser are gonna be doing alot of searching for them as well this year. your more then welcome to tag along :)

walleyechaser

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:47 PM »
wanna know about Pontiac Lake.  Fish at night, with jigging raps or spoons in 8-10 fow.  Be ready for light biters.
Pontiac lake will be the only one made public.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Yea Id love to tag along...Where abouts is Pontiac Lake at???...also What about Saginaw Bay....I heard you gotta drive out like 5 miles though...

flockshot

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:51 PM »
tommy we arent trying to stonewall you...me and chaser just had a very negative experience last year when we posted some info and days later there were people at all the said spots who werent members saying they heard about this place online. pontiac lake does get the crap stocked out of it..but the fish get hit hard. really hard..your best bet is at the dead of night.

and like i said before..your more then welcome to come out with me. i know of a lot of places that i have no problem goin to with somebody cool and who will contribute to the site..your welcome any time.

saginaw bay is awsome..and probably the same driving distance as any inland lake we are gonna put you on. but yes you have to go out quite a ways to get into good fish out there.

walleyechaser

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:53 PM »
plus the lakes we fish are small and can't take a lot of pressure.  but I will tell you there are a helluva lot better walleye lakes than Pontiac.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:56 PM »
no no flock I totally understand where you are coming from...and Ill definetly appreciate ANY help ya give me finding them...

flockshot

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:58 PM »
soon as theres ice brotha just send me or chaser a pm...we'll put you on some fish..im no expert..but i know were they are...and thats gotta be a start. lol. im trying to hone my skills in icin the bad boys this winter so if you want to come out and kill time with me your always welcome. lookin forward to seein yah.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Yea definetly...I cant wait to get out there and catch them...Ive HEARD that they fight a bit more in the winter time...but it seems like it should be the other way around...

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:11 PM »
ive never caught one through the ice either im in the same boat..shanty as you?
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Thats my number one goal this year...

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Tommy,

I'm in Algonac and will be giving those Oak co. boneheads a hard time as often as possible.
Wanna ride? Same for you PM - open invite to you both.
I iced my first (and only) winter eye last year at one of these guy's lakes (poniac area).
They do fight better in the winter, maybe it's just the lighter tackle, but it's definately more fun than the river!
Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Hah ok...just lemme know when there is ice...being from algonac...you fish the bay often???

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:49 PM »
Hah ok...just lemme know when there is ice...being from algonac...you fish the bay often???

Most of the time, 'cept last year. that's why I originally went out there (pontiac), to get to some ice!

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Yea I know what ya mean...Last winter absolutely sucked for my first season...I made it out there twice and the first time we brought home 14 perch and the second time i got skunked...I am hoping that this year will be much better...

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Had the same luck on the bay. That first ice (Dec.) was riteous! Slayed the perch! Then, no real ice. I did get out there twice more, best I could was a missed pike (snapped me off).
Then I found this site, hooked up with a guy, and iced my first ever winter eye. Some of the old guys tell me eyes can be had from the bay, but I've never gotten one, put my time in too!
I have however seen winter eyes taken from farther south on the lake, never tried that so I dunno. I was fishing for perch and that's like 3 or 4 years ago. It would be nice to have them closer at hand, it's an hour and a half drive to where I caught that one in my avatar! Another guy on here last year said Lake Neppesing had 'eyes, but i never got with him and still haven't checked out that lake. Chaser (the other one) calls it lake "not a thing". But out by Flock and them, for sure good fishing! C'mon ice (outdrive is busted)!

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Yea I have heard that if you go out near metro beach there you can have some luck with walleye...but i never made it down there last year...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.