The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Dove hunting  (Read 3567 times)

walleyechaser

Dove hunting
« on: Oct 12, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I posted on the other sites about this.  I know its not ice fishing but proposal 3 is on the ballot to ban our dove hunting season.  Get out and vote so the anti's don't claim this as their victory. 

You should have seen the PETA tool they had on the news last night.  This guy really ticked me off.

here is the crap PETA is feeding people.  Vote yes on 3

http://www.stopshootingdoves.org/media.shtml

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dove hunting
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2006, 01:11 PM »
I'm against PETA as much as anybody.  I don't hunt, but will defend your right to.  I do enjoy eating game.  I'm struggling wiht the hunting of these things.  Are they really a source of food?  If it's killing for the sake of killing something, I guess I'm against it. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

flockshot

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2006, 01:53 PM »
they make fantastic table fare..but really it goes beyond killing doves..if the antis can get hunting issues to continue to a vote..were does it end...its just gonna be one thing after another after another after another. if peta was really concerned with killing for the sake of killing the vote would be about crow hunting..but nobody likes crows..so they are using the easiest sell. doves. what a shame..if you have ever enjoyed a sport involving a living creature you should vote yes on three...

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Doves do taste great, and what better time for you to get out with some friends and walk the dogs.  The whole thing about mating for life may be true, but you never hear they dont live longer than 2 or 3 yrs in a normal lifespan, of that they mate 2 to 3 times a year.
MASON

walleyechaser

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2006, 11:40 AM »
I've never eaten them or hunted them.  But the whole point is beating PETA. 
Their latest move is to invade our public schools and preach that hunting and fishing is bad to our kids.
I don't know how you guys feel but school is not a place for politics.  Its a place for learning.
I'm shocked PETA gets away with that.  I'm glad my tax money is being spent so PETA can send an anti hunting and fishing message to our kids.

The article is in the september woods and water news.

flockshot

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2006, 12:34 PM »
i am absolutely sick about it. HUSA doesnt hide their intentions. they will start with the easiest hunt to stop...and keep moving from there. If they were really concerend about animals being shot just for sport they would seek the end of the crow hunt ,the state even tells you not to handle dead crows, but they know that nobody likes them...so why try. I really wish there was ONE group thats sole purpose was perserving hunting. just like theres at least two whos sole purpose is to end hunting.

pinche

flockshot

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2006, 01:26 PM »
im ashamed of my michigan sportsman. the latest poll on this shows the yes's at 25%. 25%...think about that..is 75% of the state non fishing or non hunting? NO!!!!  what the hell is wrong with some of these people. no outdoorsman or women with the right state of mind would think about voting no. im ashamed of my fellow sportsman and my fellow citizens. it has only been proven to me further by this minnow ban thing. the lack of response is disgusting.  well michigan sportsman...we are gonna lose this vote..and if you think its gonna stop here or it doesnt matter because you dont hunt, think again. when somebody is attacking your right to catch walleyes in the spring because they are defense less and it will hurt the natural spawning efforts. i will say you brought it on yourselves. im sick of campaining..i have 5 yard signs out and about and ive typed messages like this one hundred times and im preaching to a bunch non voting, quick to complain, could care less unless it effects them so called sportsman. you should all be ashamed.

walleyechaser

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2006, 01:44 PM »
you should have known it wasn't going to pass.  Everyone wants to see doves at their bird feeders.

My yard sign got ripped in half and thrown at my window.  someone was pretty extreme to do that.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2006, 02:34 PM »
you should have known it wasn't going to pass.  Everyone wants to see doves at their bird feeders.

My yard sign got ripped in half and thrown at my window.  someone was pretty extreme to do that.

lol wow people are crazy, Theres plenty of doves around! were not gonna shoot them off anyone feeders, and they wont dissapear. They still come to their feeders, just a few less
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

walleyechaser

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2006, 02:37 PM »
lol wow people are crazy, Theres plenty of doves around! were not gonna shoot them off anyone feeders, and they wont dissapear. They still come to their feeders, just a few less

There wouldn't even be less doves coming to the feeders.  The ones that get hunted are migratory.  The ones that go to feeders stay close to their food source. 

Why won't PETA take a stand on habitat destruction?  Thats far more dangerous to the environment and animals than hunting.  Oh wait they live in those half million dollar homes that are taking away all the land.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2006, 02:45 PM »

Why won't PETA take a stand on habitat destruction?  Thats far more dangerous to the environment and animals than hunting.  Oh wait they live in those half million dollar homes that are taking away all the land.

isnt that the truth, Id be more worried about their habitat than hunting them. Habitat is the base to a good population

flockshot

« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2006, 02:52 PM »
its so very typical. full of problems but they have no solutions. so lets just pretend that all hunting ended tomorrow. tell me..what would happen to the animals they are so worried about? in a year almost everything would be shot to hell. state lands would be be subdivisions. hunting properties would be sold and developed. the country would cut funding from national parks and forests. animal study would become non exsistent. we would retard our knowledge of the natural world so much that we may as well remove all polution controls. 25 more years boys and our outdoor heritage will be gone.

walleyechaser

« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:09 PM »
"A Country Boy Can Survive"

I can skin a buck I can run a trout line

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:14 PM »
"A Country Boy Can Survive"

I can skin a buck I can run a trout line

was it trout line or trot line???

I always thought it was trot line but I could be wrong

walleyechaser

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:17 PM »
nope its trout line.

I've kareoked it enough to know. 

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:17 PM »
hmmm alright Ill have to change my singing :D

walleyechaser

« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:18 PM »
nothing like drunken singing in a redneck bar. :P

flockshot

« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:19 PM »
its trot line. those southern boys run trot lines for catfish. im almost positive thats what he says..but ive never kareokeed it either so i dunno.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:20 PM »
its trot line. those southern boys run trot lines for catfish. im almost positive thats what he says..but ive never kareokeed it either so i dunno.

I agree too, sounds like trot line also. But I dont want to get to far off topic lol

walleyechaser

« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:21 PM »
maybe it is but I've always said trout.  Sounds better.  I'm usually pretty bombed when I'm reading those words on the TV screen.

I'll listen to it tonight closely and sober and get back to you.

We've already completely gotten off topic.

anyway so who's voting yes on 3? ;D

flockshot

« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:25 PM »
me...and my girlfriend..and everybody else i know...except my mom..she wont vote yes...so after a huge fight...she agreed to just abstain from it rather then vote no.

walleyechaser

« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:29 PM »
my mom said she'd vote yes if I promised to vote for Granholm.

flockshot

« Reply #23 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:32 PM »
ooooo. lol. ill probably be voting that way too though. i dunno.. i think ill make the final desicion when im behind that curtain.

walleyechaser

« Reply #24 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:33 PM »
I'm going to vote for whoever annoyed me least with their TV commercials.  Since they are both complete yahoos it doesn't really matter. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.