The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Fletcher's Pond - Request For Help!  (Read 2997 times)

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
Fletcher's Pond - Request For Help!
« on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:12 AM »
I'm trying to plan a trip up to Fletcher's Pond for this upcoming season.  Does anyone have any experience here during the ice season?  Lodging?  Any advice - insight?

Thanks for your time!

Offline Redbeard1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fletcher's Pond - Request For Help!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2006, 02:08 PM »
I'm assuming you're talking about over by Hillman.  Haven't fished over there in years, but you might want to do a mapquest search and make some calls.
PATRICK

Offline twinkster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Lots of fish, best advise is to follow the the village of shanty's usually where they are the fish are I don't usually fish it, I fish alot of the lakes in alpena but here is the # for jacks landing they will give you all the info you need.1-989-742-4370

TWINK
OFFICIAL NORTHERN SHIRT OF THE MIRC Proud member of the MIRC  

Offline 0514

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2006, 06:59 PM »
I was there this past Feb. and stayed at Jacks Landing. They have cabins And a bait store right there, it was a nice set up for us. We could walk out and if we got cold or needed provisions the cabin was a short walk. We were there during the middle of the week and the place was not real busy,but it sounded like on the weekend it was hopping. A call and reservation might be in order.Good luck.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:04 PM »
no experience here, sorry. The only help I can give is that a lot of guys try it during the winter ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2006, 12:41 PM »
 i have fished it three times .  and to be honest, alot of small gills and an occasional nice perch. never put a tip up out but talked several guys that do and they get some nice pike and lgm bass. the lake is on average 4-6fow with deeper water down near the damn.  best luck i had was just east of the dnr launch out maybe 3/4 to 1 mile. if you can get a hold of a map and then find the old river channel(most of which is filled in with sediment now) you will find bigger fish.other than that just watch for the pressure cracks its a big lake and it always has a good one.as far as lodging never stayed there so i dunno.

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline Freezeout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I stayed there 2 years ago, but forgot the name of the resort. It was not Jacks landing. There are 3 or 4 places that set out shantys and offer cabins around the pond (Jacks Landing) is the most recognized one. As far as the fishing we got our fill of gills and sunfish and landed a very nice Largemouth on a tip-up but they were out of season  >:(
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Fished it last year for the first time, we were out front of the DNR launch. Caught lots of nice perch and a few gills, that day.

See entry for 1/12/06 in my Journal.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=30580.0

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.