The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: So, do I drive up for an afternoon of Crappie fishing?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Must work till noon, in Lansing.  Could be on the ice by 3:30.  Gas is about $2.60 per gallon and my truck gets, at best 14 mpg.  How's the fishing?  Could stay home and watch B-Ball and get my taxes completed.  God, I hate decisions.

Dachmation, you decide.  I've made about all the decisions I can make this week. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: So, do I drive up for an afternoon of Crappie fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Sorry i missed this post Rick, just saw it and prob way too late to affect what you decide, But Im still working like a dog thru this next week. Might get wednesday off. LOL.
so after the 25th I should be back on my normal schedule. Prob a better deal to stay home and watch B-Ball eh???
Mike

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2006, 08:19 PM »
I did stay home.  Spartans were a big disappointment.  Uninspired is about the only description I can come up with.  Got the taxes done today.  Will do our Son's tomorrow.  Hope to be up next weekend.
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline Burksee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • White Lake, Houghton Lake and Alpena!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Rick, I talked to a couple of guy's here at work that went up over the weekend. Doesnt sound like you missed anything!  ;)

Dont think I'll be up for anymore hard water fishing this season. I'm in the middle of getting cataracts taken care of. Just had one eye done and surgery on the second eye is scheduled for next week. I've been advised its not a good idea to spend a lot of time outside in the wind or sun til they're healed up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.