The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Provisions in Fairlee?  (Read 857 times)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Provisions in Fairlee?
« on: Jan 17, 2024, 07:16 PM »
Hello, neighbors to the left! I'm border jumping to Fairlee this coming weekend , and I'm looking for license and bait. Just in case I can fish.

I will be among people who don't fish and have no idea where to look, so here I am!  :)

I'll be by Morey, so I'll try there to start. I am cautious, but if anyone has any wisdom about weird sketchy spots to be aware of, I wouldn't turn that info down.

Thank you!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Dirt23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Provisions in Fairlee?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2024, 04:40 AM »
Not sure conditions but Foggs in fairlee has bait not sure if they sell licenses. Looking out from launch couple hundred yards to the right is inlet. Hope this helps

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2024, 11:54 AM »
A buddy said Morey still had open water 3-4 days ago (avid perch guy) don't forget your spud.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2024, 01:37 PM »
Lake Morey Resort has a webcam on their website. You can see if anyone is out there.
I like perch fishing at Morey, but my buddy calls it "the ice skating capital of the world" LOL

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2024, 03:45 PM »
It's real easy to get a license online.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2024, 05:11 PM »
Thank you all! Isn't Foggs that hardware store?

I hadn't thought about the online license since I've never had a VT one before. I figured I would need an ID.
I'll look into it. There's a printer in my bossman's office, and he's a fisherman, so he'll let me hop on his computer at lunch. :)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2024, 11:47 PM »
Fairlee is always good fun, once the ice is solid. Haven been by it this season yet to check.    One  word about Morey......hide your fish and don't look excited, or some 4 letter word will be on your spot, jigging from his wheeler, in a heartbeat.   Seen it too many times, ruined the lake for me. Absolutely gorgeous place though, and it can be great fishing.   
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2024, 04:06 PM »
Hey guys, I just want to compliment you all on what seems to be a great fishery, and how courteous  and friendly everyone was.

I checked the ice on Morey at the resort, and found 4-5", but I didn't venture any further than the resort's checkers had gone. Someone had gone through across the way (and is okay), but they didn't want anyone on the ice,  and I didn't see anyone at the boat launch, so I went to Fairlee so I wouldn't cause a huge fuss.

Since it was a last minute thing, I hadn't seen the map of Fairlee. I asked a guy for a general outline of the depths, and what the heck swims in this lake??, and he was very nice about answering my questions. Nobody in my area (off the boat launch) was getting anything. I got one flag and lost it.
I went back the next day and got 2 hit and run flags in the same hole.

The bait at Fogg's was excellent. I went back this morning to get more for one last outing in NH on my way home. Those guys were really great too, answering all my silly questions about the bait regulations.

Stay awesome, Vermont.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.