Author Topic: Slush  (Read 4766 times)

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
Re: Slush
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:56 PM »
 nice fish. tibore.  the average used to be more like 4 or 5. i could name a few other good brown lakes where a dozen or more browns in an afternoon are possible that being said I too still like shannon as the size of fish makes up for the numbers. the reason i mention shannon is it does not produce trophies like it has in the past. just curious how many over 7 or 8 pounds have you landed there in the last 3 years?? these used to be fairly common there and have personally seen a 31" brown caught there by another angler, probably 12 lbs !! i know there are still some quality fish there but if you were fishing shannon in the spring of 2002 or 03 you'd realize the fishing isn't what it used to be. i remenber seeing 4 guys all limit out on big ones probably all 5 lbs and up, it takes its toll. wasn't knocking the lake as its a beauty, just making a point that if everyone knows where a super hot bite is (like shannon a number of years ago) and its a small lake, that it can affect the fishing. hopefully shannon makes a complete turn around as it likely is sask's best trophy brown trout lake. And for the record i never said it was fished out , it said its not the same as it was a number of years ago. I find it interesting that so many people talk about how lakes like last mountain are not producing fish like they used to , and yet the minute a few guys don't want to give out exact information you get a bunch of guys upset about not giving away specifics. I think everyone on this board can think of a lake that ten years ago was awesome and now isn't worth the trip and then people wonder why.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.