The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any ice left ?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waitin for the freeze!!
Any ice left ?
« on: Feb 24, 2004, 07:01 AM »
Hey Waterbeater, how's the ice ice down there ?
I went to Isabel on Sunday, still 20" of good ice but no water has run into the lake yet. Caught a few perch and blue gills. Nothing great but I did get to use my new Otter. It works great now that I finally got the 2004 tent for the 2004 frame.

Offline waterbeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The harder the better
Re: Any ice left ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 08:38 AM »
drutherbfishin,
The ice isn't good at all. About 20 ft. of water around the shore and the ice is really getting foggy. The draws are all running full. I didn't drill any holes to check depth just got my but off it because it looked so rotten. I fell thrugh about 10 feet from open water but got out all right. Really stupid being out there but we had left a small shack out in the center thinking it would turn cold again and I wanted to get a rope around it and pull it off from the shore with a pickup. Well we got it off, had to hydroplane it the last 20 ft but we saved it.
Glad to here you like your new Otter. Looks like the ice fishing may be over though.
Waterbeater out!<br />

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2004, 01:35 PM »
What lake was that on?? I am wanting to try and squeeze another weekend out of Orman, and I am curious if it will be possible, barring the impending storm that is comeing.....
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline waterbeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The harder the better
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2004, 09:20 PM »
nodakbassmaster,
  It was a small stock dam in central Meade county. I don't see any way you could get on Orman with the temps and winds we've been getting. It has been almost 60 several days and wind blew almost 30mph today. Be sure to check before you drive down.
Les
Waterbeater out!<br />

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2004, 10:14 PM »
Well, I went up anyway, and I couldn't get out to Rabbit Island because the water has risen enough that my truck is not big enough to make it now. I couldn't fish where I wanted to off Gadens point because my side was WAY to near the open water. However there was still 16 or so inches off the boat ramp! So i was able to squeeze in one more day.... but I have a feeling it will be the last. That ice is getting fairly rotten almost a 1/4 of the way through+..... I hope the temps plummet again. I can't stand the limbo period between when you can't get on the ice, and it's still there to keep you from fishing anywhere else. Besides, I prefer tip-ups and carharts to summer fishing anyway... I guess I may be as crazy as my girlfriends family thinks I am......... uh well- I hope another ice season has not passed yet............... ??? >:(
-Richard

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2004, 10:33 AM »
not alot of ice fisherman on this site
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2004, 12:18 PM »
It doesn't seem like it, does it? I would have thought they would be here if anywhere..... Maybe most South Dakotans don't have computers yet...... ???
-Richard

Offline druthrbfishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waitin for the freeze!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2004, 10:46 PM »
Hey watch it nodak. There has been 4 users on this topic and at least 2 are from SD. I don't know about LoveIce.
You have to come to SD to fish, what's the deal? I thought ND had better fishing.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2004, 12:31 AM »
well, maybe there is, but I haven't fished in ND in over 5 years now. I grew up in ND, and now military recently stationed in SD....... got into ice fishing seriously last winter. It's like crack..... you just want more and more! however to get a better ice season and thicker ice, ND is definatly a better choice!
-Richard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.