Author Topic: lake erie perch  (Read 2849 times)

icewarmer

lake erie perch
« on: Jan 05, 2004, 01:03 PM »
was out on lake erie in the 14 ft aluminum and the perch are bitting like crazy went through about 14 dozen minows and threw back about 120 small ones but im trying to find a way around them little one does any one have any suggestions.I was located just off shore of prt colbourne ontario no ice to be seen but man it was cold  ;D
.point abino is starting to produce also so nice chunky fish taken jan-04-04

kjay

Re:lake erie perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2004, 04:24 PM »
hey man isntead of using minnows try using maggots, when ever i am fishing big perch on simcoe, i use minnows to find them and then swtich to maggots to bring the big ones in. Give er a try,
Tightlines,
kjay

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2004, 04:36 PM »
sometimes really big mealworms will weedout the dinks also

Offline emptyhanded

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • thump - fish onnnnnn
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2004, 06:21 AM »
Icewarmer,

How far out of port colbourne are you??? Lake Erie perch are fun -- Try larger minnows if mealworms or maggots dont work. I have got some real slabs in the summer by the weather bouy and around the gas pipes --but they usually are hitting my walleye gear.
Does not play well with others

As uncle ted says - u have to kill it to grill it" its our right to bear arms and chase large women

lileyehunter

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2004, 02:42 PM »
just go with the old fashioned way of getting lake erie perch, anchor, perch rig/spreader, and 1-3" shiners, in the summer we kill em off the point in 40-60' of water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.