The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hog Island Report 3-10-23  (Read 1630 times)

Offline jbritch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hog Island Report 3-10-23
« on: Mar 10, 2023, 04:10 PM »
Took two aspirin and got on the ice at 9:00 with a full cup of minnows this time.  There's about 4" of snow on top but walking wasn't too bad.  There was a guy set up in my honey hole, said he wasn't getting anything on his bibbitt so I mentioned I got a pike on my jig stick right there.

So I had to set up a little more south in about 10' of water.  Ice is like last time, kind of soft, but a good 8".  Weather was beautiful, plenty of sun, just a slight breeze to make my fingers cold.  I couldn't wear my mittens; the bite was heavy all day.  I alternated between minnows and eyeballs with good luck.  They started on the small side but from 10:00 to 12:00 they were much bigger and one right after another, no time to stop and eat lunch or open a beer.  Then at 1:00 they stopped cold but I was out of minnows anyway.  So I ate my lunch and drank that beer and came home to clean them.  Just got done, whew!

You can see that I got some good ones.  You can see some little ones in my bait pail.  There's that old jigstick I carved out of an old bedframe; still works good.  Might stay cold enough for one more time?

Offline Tacoma Marty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy
Re: Hog Island Report 3-10-23
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2023, 04:25 PM »
I got out there around noon today and wondered if that was you pulling them in!  I bounced around a lot but couldn’t get on a good bite. Next time I’ll try more shallow around the point. Tight lines!

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2023, 06:50 PM »
Nice work. Lot fish tacos.

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2023, 07:09 PM »
Very nice. We were there in October 21, fished by the trestle and off the bridge access, then caught some nice bass on the north side of the bay from a bass guide. Very cool to see you catch so many perch from there. WTG!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2023, 05:49 AM »
Nice haul, that is a lot of cleaning ! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.