Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

North Idaho Ice

<< < (3/966) > >>

riske:
Does anyone have any luck fishing for Crappies or Chanel cats in North Idaho?   Hauser has some real nice ones and I hear so does Cocallala , and Fernan but you never hear of anyone ice fishing for them.  Where do they all go in the winter?

BlueDuck:
I caught a small 2 pound Channel Cat last year on Hauser thru the ice just jigging on the bottom for perch.  I saw another guy do the same the year befor.   I don't think anyone intentionally targerts cats around here in the winter.  Cocolalla, Jewel, Fernan and Hauser all have Channel Cats.  I fished Cocolalla today and caught a nice mess of perch.  The ice is about a foot thick now.........

BlueDuck:
Fished the Condo's today near the long bridge in Sand Point.   Slow fishing but ended up with about 30 perch.  6 of them went 10 inches.   

MetalMurf:
fished Hauser today, for 2 hours around lunch time, zero fish although they were on the sonar. good 10 inches of ice.

BlueDuck:
I heard Fernan is pretty slow too.   Cocolalla seems to be the best action for  7-9" perch and a few trout.  The Condo's look like the best place to pick up some perch just a little bigger.   Some of the 10 inchers I got yesterday went 3/4 of a pound.  That last ince of two makes a lot of difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version