Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Montana Ice Fishing Pics.

<< < (2/707) > >>

Whatpole:
South Sandstone

MrMarty51:

Decoy down the hole.crushed eggshells add more light and helps draw in the perch. ;D

Darkhouse messin with His shanty. :)

Greenz:
Cool pics

Walltrout:
Cool pics.  I have a question about spearing. I was told by a guy that while spearing he usually only gets about one fish per season.  Is it true that the success rate is really that low?  I know things will vary day by day but how many fish do you average per trip?

Thanks
WT

Whatpole:

--- Quote from: Walltrout on Dec 21, 2007, 09:48 AM ---Cool pics.  I have a question about spearing. I was told by a guy that while spearing he usually only gets about one fish per season.  Is it true that the success rate is really that low?  I know things will vary day by day but how many fish do you average per trip?

Thanks
WT

--- End quote ---

There have been times I have limited out on pike in just a matter of 3-5 hours spearing. Spearing is like any other type of fishing; if the fish aren't moving, it will be a slow day. I was spearing one day, and there were constantly 4-5 fish through the hole every 2-3 minutes. It was harder trying to figure out which one to spear than it was to spear them.  :thumbsup: :blink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version