Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Later ice gear...wader season

(1/2) > >>

ftwwalleye:
Packed up the ice gear and got the wader gear and fly rods in the wagon. Guess upside is I get out for some winter fly fishing without freezing. Least I have iced fished in a decade but that's the way it goes sometimes. See you all next year and hopefully it will be a longer season.
Chad

wallydiven:
This wind is breaking up the ice quickly. Short season for sure but happy I was able to get out when I did. I'm ready for soft water so blow baby blow!!

A- bomb:
yep, im in the same boat...literally! Been watching things open up here all day. Big lakes are still capped but it shouldnt be long.  wadding for walleyes and steel head next week i believe is the plan!  Short season and glad we all got thru it safe.  i was on some sketchy stuff a few times lol!

Hexagenia51:
I put my gear away but if a miracle happens I can get it back out quick. I got out on both ice events this season and did okay, but the last ice fishing was really tough, negative fish on most outings. I’m moving to Northeast Oregon in late May so that was probably my last Indiana ice fishing for a while and maybe forever, who knows. I’ll probably still post my outings on this site since nobody uses the Oregon shanty site. Been good chatting with you fellow iceheads, stay safe out there in the future years and good luck! Hex

zcm_82:
I replaced those snapped bungees in the DX frame, put all the ice gear away, and fired up the motorcycle and outboard over the weekend.

This rain today will probably blow the rivers out a bit, but thinking I may get the boat out for a trip this weekend if the forecast holds... mid 50s and fairly calm for Saturday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version