Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Need new auger

<< < (2/8) > >>

baginwal:
I lugged around my Jiffy Model 31 8 inch for many years, then............bought a Nils Master auger 8 inch.  Later picked up an adapter and currently use my 18V Milwaukee drill to power it.  I know you are looking for a 10 inch but boy does this baby cut like butter and super light.

bigfoot86:

--- Quote from: baginwal on Nov 27, 2022, 04:47 PM ---I lugged around my Jiffy Model 31 8 inch for many years, then............bought a Nils Master auger 8 inch.  Later picked up an adapter and currently use my 18V Milwaukee drill to power it.  I know you are looking for a 10 inch but boy does this baby cut like butter and super light.

--- End quote ---
^^^This^^^ Only if you would consider an 8”.  If you want to stay with 10” then I would look toward the ion.  Can’t beat the nils though.

Brian VT:
My manual 6" Nils (+ spare head to send out for sharpening) is all I've ever had (for 20 years of ice fishing).
I though about making it battery-powered but don't want to buy more cordless tools. (I have Ryobi 18v stuff)
If an 18v drill will work on an 8" Nils it should have no problem with my 6" then?

Sampson:
On my second jiffy pro 4 in 8 yrs. not impressed. Go with electric for sure. Not cars tho lol

PIKE FISHERMAN:
Strikemaster just came out with a 40v 10” lite . That’s the auger I want. Ion just came out with an upgraded 10”. More than 2x as fast as their other model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version