Author Topic: Season Wrap  (Read 1631 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Season Wrap
« on: Mar 27, 2022, 08:29 PM »
Well today was it for me. Beautiful last weekend out. Great March ice conditions at my spot. As usual, Rainbows were fiesty at last ice, love it. My buddy took 2 yesterday that went 4.5 and 5.
Today was my turn. Took a beautiful male that went 5.9 lbs , 24 3/4 " . Great end to a weird hit or miss season for me. Time just wasn't on my side, tending to kids sports and other family stuff.
All in all, grateful to stay on top for another season. Got some great cusk trips in this year, which I haven't really been able to do for quite some time.
Once again, my highlight is always getting to spend some time on ice with my boy. It's getting harder and harder as he approaches teenager, competing with sports and girls. But we enjoyed a handful of times out.
I enjoyed having the pleasure fishing with some of you again this season too. Hope we can continue next season.
Quad and all gear is already put away this afternoon. I'm ready for the next chapter. Spring gobbler season will be here soon, I've already started my weekly action shooting competition season, the Harley is ready to go for riding season, and I continue to scout the deer woods and tweek setups in prep for September.
Cheers everyone. Signing off for the season!!

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Season Wrap
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2022, 02:09 AM »
Great looking bows... nice way to end the season for sure.

Congrats

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2022, 06:43 AM »
It's not how you start it's how you finish... nice wrap on a very strange season...

good luck with the gobblers..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Nice way to end the season !!

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Those are some nice bows! Good job

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:39 AM »
Beauty fish J..sad to see it go ..finally came to grips with the season ending and put my stuff away yesterday as well ..should of tried to sneak in another weekend but I’m a head of the game when it comes to spring clean up and getting the boat ready ..take care and see you next season somewhere
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:47 AM »
Great way to wrap to the season, some beauties there. Mine ended 2 weeks ago, did a little shore casting yesterday before hitting the trails with the hound... On to the next one.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:52 AM »
Great fish, congrats!  Nice to see your boy got into some of the action.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:44 AM »
Great write up and great looking bow!! congrats on a successful season. on to the next season good luck!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2022, 11:57 AM »
Beauties! it's all done further south. Good news, open water fishing is on!

....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2022, 07:02 PM »
Nice job!  Enjoy every moment with your boy.  You can always catch more fish and make more money but you can never get back time.  Father and son moments out on the ice is one of the best investments.
My son is 18 and will be off to college this fall, time goes by fast.   
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2022, 08:35 PM »
Great post. Nice bows. Always enjoy the season wrap up posts. We will be back at it before you know it. 
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.