Author Topic: Vacation wrap up.. season wrap  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Vacation wrap up.. season wrap
« on: Mar 11, 2022, 07:55 PM »
Last week I took vacation  time to get a little ice time.  First, I want to thank the guys i fished with this season  for  making  fishing fun even when the catching was not. ..I started the season with 800Stealth, Hunt fish603 and a long  time  friend .it was a slow day..
I fished the derby with AA .AND  800Stealth.. it was a slow derby but fun..in between we had snow, below zero temps and rain... it seened like it was windy or stormy every weekend.. my home lake was not a good producer so during my vac
For the first time in 10 years, i fished different  water .
I finished this week on 3 lakes I have never fished, using old school bathymetric maps, and modern GPSmap technology,  I fished bowls, inside turns, drop offs and points, I caught yellow perch, white perch,crappie, pickerel and crappie..I finished the day with an old friend I've known since was a boy..fishing the last 3 days was phenomenal  I went through 10 dozen shiners the last 3 days..
I want to make a special shout out to Salmonemia.. thanks Wane  for shortening the learning curve on one of the lakes..I fished 26" of good ice today, there's more ice tome out there, but my time is up for this season.. time to store my gear and get ready  for Striper season and lobstering.

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Vacation wrap up.. season wrap
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Great post Joe! Pleasure to spend a part of my limited season with you. My season is finished as well. Onward to Salmon, trout, Flounder, and Stripers.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2022, 08:54 PM »
Good luck with the next season!

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2022, 06:00 AM »
  Best of luck to all the Ice Shanties , I still have more hard waters to fish, but am looking forward to the salt and open waters as well   Tight lines  &  stay safe

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2022, 06:18 AM »
Looks like a great last week, even if it was stud smallies... Always a pleasure fishing with you Joe, I'll see ya at the seminar next week.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2022, 06:30 AM »
Way to wrap it up, nice "sunfish" :)

Good luck with the seminar and open water season...

Good luck to those sticking with it a bit longer... be safe.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Sounds like a good way to end the season !

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2022, 09:25 AM »
Nice post Joe.  It sounds like you had a great season.  I'll always take great company over fish.  For me, i still have a few more hard water opportunities ahead.  Hit me up if anything changes with your schedule.  Good luck with the lobstah and those Stripers.  Hopefully the weather is better than last year.   

"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Sounds great Joe nice report glad I could help you out you helped me many times time to return the favor. I'll be out there next weekend getting some more of those whities
Salmonemia

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2022, 06:22 PM »
Sounds like a great finish to your season Joe!
Glad you had a good week. And Glad I was able to join you boys atleast once this season. Always a good time.
I've got a few more trips left in me I think still, but time (and weather) will tell.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2022, 08:41 AM »
Sounds like it was a great year Joe congrats! Good luck on the stripers and the bugs
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2022, 09:54 PM »
Good season Joe, sorry we didnt get a chance to meet up.  Maube for those big things with the lines on em.  My boat or yours (safer on yours).  I thought you didnt like those brown footballs?

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2022, 08:05 AM »
Good season Joe, sorry we didnt get a chance to meet up.  Maube for those big things with the lines on em.  My boat or yours (safer on yours).  I thought you didnt like those brown footballs?
Sometimes, you have to play the hand you're delt.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2022, 06:50 PM »
Getting out to a couple of different spots certainly made for a great ending to the season and on to the next. Nice job.

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2022, 12:13 PM »
Great post, Joe, and clearly a great season.  Was good to see you back at the start, even if it wasn't on the ice.  Good luck with the linesiders and bugs. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2022, 05:42 AM »
Sometimes, you have to play the hand you're delt.

I hear you.  One of the larger rivers I fish for wild browns in throws me those bass as a consolation prize.  River bass on a 3w is wild. 

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2022, 07:23 AM »
I hear you.  One of the larger rivers I fish for wild browns in throws me those bass as a consolation prize.  River bass on a 3w is wild.

all those fish fought hard once they saw the hole.. they for sure would be a treat on a fly rod.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2022, 07:29 AM »
Great post, Joe, and clearly a great season.  Was good to see you back at the start, even if it wasn't on the ice.  Good luck with the linesiders and bugs.

the season is what we all make of it..Ice fishing gets me back to where I want to be... enjoying the cool nights with a singing drag, the pull of a fish big enough to move a 2500 lb boat , and the mystery of knot ( see what I did there) knowing if the next one will be "the one" and then there's  the pre dawn chill, smell of low tide as I round the jetty, the sound of flapping tails as the first trap get placed on the gunnel, and the reward for the hard work... the smell of lobster pie baking in the oven!

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2022, 09:49 AM »
all those fish fought hard once they saw the hole.. they for sure would be a treat on a fly rod.

Love small mouth on my flyrod, river fish even more so!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2022, 11:14 AM »
Enjoy your seminar this weekend Joe. Some lucky folks will be getting some solid knowledge dropped on them.
I'm headed for one more cusk trip Friday night
(65° in tshirts). Then possibly a Brown trip Sunday. And that may be it for me. Time will tell
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2022, 11:20 AM »
Enjoy your seminar this weekend Joe. Some lucky folks will be getting some solid knowledge dropped on them.
I'm headed for one more cusk trip Friday night
(65° in tshirts). Then possibly a Brown trip Sunday. And that may be it for me. Time will tell

Thanks Jason.. good luck.. this is both the best time of the season and the worst...I'm putting the final details on my presentation tonight... before I have one too many home brew stouts!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 17, 2022, 11:56 AM »
Getting out to a couple of different spots certainly made for a great ending to the season and on to the next. Nice job.

I put 1122 miles on my truck... 15.2 miles per gallon.. I'm afraid to see the credit card bill!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 17, 2022, 12:38 PM »
I put 1122 miles on my truck... 15.2 miles per gallon.. I'm afraid to see the credit card bill!
True, I hear that.  But all worth it in end. I can think of worse ways to spend money.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2022, 01:27 PM »
True, I hear that.  But all worth it in end. I can think of worse ways to spend money.
so true, one of the women here went to Arizona the same week I was out.. My tan ( sun burned face) was better than hers!.. probably cost the same too.. I know I relaxed a heck of a lot more. ;D

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2022, 01:34 PM »
Phew 73 degrees. I feel like I should be jumping on my motorcycle instead of heading north to fish this evening. This ought to be interesting.  Oh well....I'm committed already.
Gotta love new England.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Phew 73 degrees. I feel like I should be jumping on my motorcycle instead of heading north to fish this evening. This ought to be interesting.  Oh well....I'm committed already.
Gotta love new England.

I haven't been outside yet, last night while tieing rigs for my demonstration, I did marvel at how easy it is to tie 30lb test instead of 4 or 6lb leaders!

good luck, hopefully the rain doesn't ruin your day...I know Wanes going to give it a go as well..

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 18, 2022, 02:10 PM »
Gotta love new England.

I hear that... Walked out of the house this morning into the warm air and went back in to get the keys to the Camaro, too much of a spring vibe to be driving the winter beaters...
Good luck at one last go of it, I hope you crush em...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Thanks boys!
It's definitely interesting out here. I feel like I should be in the boat.  Still got 14-18" but this it for sure.
C'mon cusk

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 18, 2022, 05:57 PM »
Thanks boys!
It's definitely interesting out here. I feel like I should be in the boat.  Still got 14-18" but this it for sure.
C'mon cusk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.