Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Alligator Lake

<< < (2/3) > >>

gamefisher:
Used to be my favorite "away game "" in the 80's and early 90's.  Beautiful fish and scenery but then the internet got ahold of it forcing changes to the regs in an attempt to salvage.   One opening day we counted over 100 vehicles.   All yellow perch now sadly.

woodchip:
Yellow perch are the most sort after fish now after leaving them on ice for years once i tried a few ill never throw them back again . if you go over to NH and want a fish dinner its Yellow perch 20.00 a plate.

raymondnolan:
Braved the wind today and tried to fish it. Pretty slow morning, only one yellow perch and a chub. Was really hoping to see a brookie, no such luck. Bugged out around lunch and hit another pond before heading home. It's too bad that has become what it is, I really like chasing salmon and trout. Any other good lakes/ponds out that way?

shackdweller:
Upper Lead Mountain pond had some nice salmon years ago. Haven’t been in 20 years though.

gamefisher:

--- Quote from: shackdweller on Mar 14, 2022, 04:54 AM ---Upper Lead Mountain pond had some nice salmon years ago. Haven’t been in 20 years though.

--- End quote ---

I believe Upper Lead is browns now but havent been down that way in a long time either.  Could try Mopang also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version