Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

NE ice conditions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Iceman2013:
I don't think you'll have to get very far from the state line to get on ice.

taxi1:

--- Quote from: R.S. on Mar 11, 2022, 07:41 AM ---ah yes da-beards.  laying waste to fisheries all across northern IN.  what a problem they have become eh.  they used to be soft spoken and respect full long ago.  now they are underhanded dishonest and greedy.

--- End quote ---

I know plenty of non-Amish like that.

R.S.:

--- Quote from: taxi1 on Mar 12, 2022, 05:20 AM ---I know plenty of non-Amish like that.

--- End quote ---

yes society is definitely loosing integrity.  i dont see as lot of "English" (as we are called) that load a pontoon boat and keep everything they catch.  im betting your just talking about regular people that keep their limits though.  i know lots of those types. ;D  im one of them for sure.  i eat loads of fish and keep my elderly friends, that dont or cant fish anymore, supplied.  eating fish isnt a crime.  at least it isnt yet. 

bigr:
I too like to keep plenty of fish and feel good about giving alot away to those that love fish but cant get them on there own. I believe i only keep what a body of water can take or needs to replenish itself. I'm not a trophy fisherman but like to catch trophy fish as well as meat run fish. I guess i've never been on a body of water that i think was over harvested. I have seen declines in size from other problems. Mostly caused from run off(farming) and housing. Over my life time i have seen some lakes go down hill as far as size, not numbers and i've seen lakes improve. I'm not against harvest measures that make good since like pan fish limits on Some bodies of water and experimental lakes to try and give those that are really into trophy fishing and catch and release. Alot of folks believe its a beard problem but i truly believe its water quality more than anything.

taxi1:

--- Quote from: R.S. on Mar 12, 2022, 06:11 AM ---yes society is definitely loosing integrity.  i dont see as lot of "English" (as we are called) that load a pontoon boat and keep everything they catch.  im betting your just talking about regular people that keep their limits though.  i know lots of those types. ;D  im one of them for sure.  i eat loads of fish and keep my elderly friends, that dont or cant fish anymore, supplied.  eating fish isnt a crime.  at least it isnt yet.

--- End quote ---

"Just keep their limits?" What limits? There is no limit on bluegill in Indiana.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version