Miscellaneous > Ice Fishing FAQ

What do I do if someone falls through?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Reelinrolly:
Thanks for the great post....guess you learn something new everyday....thanx again...tight lines

Da_Roc:
Hi Gang!
  I always tie a 50' rope to me in case I need to get dragged out.  I leave it behind me just following along.  It creates no problems but might come in handy some day.
  I hope not but who knows.
   Da-roc

backwoodswalker:
Good advice!!! Hey what is a "Fishing regulations book"? ;D ;D He He Be safe out there and have fun Merry chrstmas to all. :'( :'( ;D :o ::)

gair-z:
that's such good advise..  back a few years ago my buddy and I were walking a small meanding frozen stream with our pellet guns.  all of a sudden he got weird and started jumping on the ice saying 'see, it's safe..."   the next thing I knew his hat was floating in the hole he fell through..  we were far away from any help so I had to yank him out by myself using my pellet gun barrel.  common sense told me I shouldn't get too close..   all came out well that day but it still raises the hair on my back when I think of it.. 

Hardguy:
They should put that in a manual or the fishing regulations book. Why not have a class on ice safety?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version