Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

Idaho Ice Road Trip

<< < (2/3) > >>

aza10:

--- Quote from: IDbasser on Dec 11, 2021, 11:35 AM ---I'll be headed to flaming gorge this year for the burbot bash.  My first time to go there.  I'm planning on a few trips this ice season to places I've never been.  I can feel your excitement for an ice fishing road trip.

--- End quote ---

Awesome! I think Ill be at the gorge either on Tuesday or Wednesday before the bash, going to get after some of them lakers they got.

meandcuznalfy:

--- Quote from: aza10 on Dec 11, 2021, 10:30 AM ---Its still early for ice in most places in idaho but I am starting to plan my ice fishing road trip for January.  I will be taking 10 days to drive from the panhandle with my final destination Flaming Gorge for the burbot bash.  Along the way I plan to fish a few lakes with the first being cascade for at least a few days.  After cascade I was looking into a few places like American falls.  Anyone got any recommendations on lakes I should stop along the way?  I would love too target some walleye but after some quick research I didn't see any walleye lakes that came up.  Thanks for any tips or insight on destinations and hope to be on the ice soon!

--- End quote ---

Probably the best plan, I'd suggest magic reservoir, but it pretty much got drained this year, American falls is low but fishable, Hopefully it stays cold and makes some ice

glmill:
Bear Lake doesn't freeze until after good storms & then real cold weather-- Blackfoot res & Chesterfield res will have good ice by then.

aza10:

--- Quote from: glmill on Dec 12, 2021, 07:10 AM ---Bear Lake doesn't freeze until after good storms & then real cold weather-- Blackfoot res & Chesterfield res will have good ice by then.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info, looks like ill stick to American, Blackfoot, and or Chesterfield for the souther portion. 

IDbasser:
American Falls will have nice trout, and some perch to catch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version