Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

Idaho Ice Road Trip

(1/3) > >>

aza10:
Its still early for ice in most places in idaho but I am starting to plan my ice fishing road trip for January.  I will be taking 10 days to drive from the panhandle with my final destination Flaming Gorge for the burbot bash.  Along the way I plan to fish a few lakes with the first being cascade for at least a few days.  After cascade I was looking into a few places like American falls.  Anyone got any recommendations on lakes I should stop along the way?  I would love too target some walleye but after some quick research I didn't see any walleye lakes that came up.  Thanks for any tips or insight on destinations and hope to be on the ice soon!

SLAYERFISH:
I been looking at Wild Horse Res. in Nevada. On the way to or from Cascade-

zcm_82:
We fished Wild Horse a few times when I lived in NV. The ice was always wildly variable thickness.

South Fork usually had more consistent ice, but it doesn't always freeze over.

IDbasser:
I'll be headed to flaming gorge this year for the burbot bash.  My first time to go there.  I'm planning on a few trips this ice season to places I've never been.  I can feel your excitement for an ice fishing road trip.

aza10:
Looking more into lakes that freeze pretty solid.  Ill have my buggy with me (not that I need to use it) but I will also be camping out on the ice at these locations so I want to make sure I have some good ice.  Be my first year ding the ice camping thing.  Bear lake looks like it might be a nice option, Any insight there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version