Author Topic: Where does one find this Safety Thread?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting for the next Ice Age
Where does one find this Safety Thread?
« on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:33 PM »
I noticed that a recent post on ice safety was moved to this location but if I was looking for the topic, I would never find it.  I found this thread by following the link left where my thread was located.

There are a number of novices and beginners journeying out onto the ice with zero knowledge of how to deal with ice and rescue situations.  It is unfortunate and I believe a mistake to hide or consolidate this topic where someone can’t find it. 

The site managers have a duty to make this information accessible and obvious to everyone!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Where does one find this Safety Thread?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2018, 01:03 PM »
It seems to be obvious.

Click this link and then look down the list, it's right below this one, gasp !

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=199.0

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Where does one find this Safety Thread?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2018, 05:12 AM »
Forum discussion boards has been around for a long time.  It sort was born from an electronic format of a business bulletin board from what I correlate to and expand from there.  The format of ice shanty may seem overwhelming to new users or users who are not familiar with forum discussions boards.  The most visited topics, is typically at the top of the format.  While others are usually found lower down.  It's the topics found lower down that are useful information and generally focused on topic of discussion.  It is these consolidated boards that are the true treasures of information.  Even if there are good information in the "General discussion" board, it will be lost easily as new threads are posted.

Each community/website is different.  Some will always refer to prior discussion, even if it was ten+ years ago and the information is relevant.  Some will always prefer repetitive discussions, totally disregarding prior content.  Some people think it's like chat, expecting a response withing 30 seconds.  Some people get annoyed by useless chatter.  You just never know who's personality or P's and Q's are conflicting with others.

I will say, that ice shanty is the best community there is.  It all depends on what one is looking for.  As one gets familiar with the website, navigating it becomes simple.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.