Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

So.........how'd ya do today??

(1/4) > >>

Bluefinforme:
I went to Otter Pond in Naples....a couple bass and a pickerel the size of Frozen's Nutts!

Long Lake had hooked.....Tricky is starting....no ice on Jordan's yet ::) mabye another month.....

scottly0:
No Name Pond Lewiston.  South end had 3 inches of ice.  North had less than one inch.  I fished in five feet of water with two traps on the north end.  4 pickerel, 2 largemouth (small) and 5 white perch (2 were fillet sized)  I would not venture out any further and literally wore a life jacket, ice picks and yak tracks.  By midmorning the sun was eroding the ice near some spring holes so I got out of Dodge but a good first outing.

Bluefinforme:

--- Quote from: scottly0 on Dec 11, 2005, 02:14 PM --- literally wore a life jacket

--- End quote ---
:roflmao: now that's a die hard!  we had about 4 inches

JohnPorter:
Jacksmelt,my son and myself hit Mattawamkeag Lake today. We caught a few pickeral on cut bait and I jigged my first salmon through the ice for the year. Also caught 2 other pickeral jigging a Mister Twister on a red stainless steel jighead. All in the all, the day was a hit as we had another IceShanty.com member stop by to visit but I didn't catch his screen name. Guess, next time I'll drive north and fish with Jacksmelt.
                                                        John

Niner:
Had some long rod buddies come over and tie up some saltwater flies. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version