Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4182 times)

master-baiter

« on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, have been reading some of the posts and it looks like a great site !  I hope to exchange lots of good information with anyone interested.

I'm from the Eastern Townships, like to fish Memphremagog, Champlian and Brome Lake.

Very interested in hearing reports from the Saguenay area, the fjord in particular, I am interested in making a trip up there in February.

Merci !

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Welcome to iceshanty. Lots of great people and info here.
Nice to see more Canadians on.
Good luck.

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:28 AM »
welcome aboard....as TGF said....nice to see more canadians here....Grump ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Welcome MB!!

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2005, 07:43 PM »
welcome MB,its nice to have new member from Quebec :D
i will go to the saguenay in February.i don't know the exact date but i will know it soon.i will past 3 or 4 days on the ice.can't wait to go there.
did you ever go over there???
here a pic of last years on the fiord

got some more somewhere on this site.

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2005, 08:19 PM »
HI masetr baiter

Realy nice to meet felow people frome quebec and ice fisherman,,,,,,,,

mbe we chould do a get togethere somwhere and have a ice outhing,,,,,,,

i am in the outawais region,,,so if you come around here just ask for spot tips ;)

have a great season to you bud,,,,,,,

bonne saison,,,,,,et je te souhaite un gros,,,,,,,,

salut a toi
take care,,,,,,,,,

joco

master-baiter

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Hi Joco...

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys have shown me !  as for your region Joco, I would like to fish fore walleye on the rigeau river, any ideas ? or is this out of your region ???

I also do a lot of fishing on Memprhemagog, if you're interested some day we could check it out.

Salut, bonne saison !
cheers.

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:44 PM »
HI **censored**

I do fish the rideau river for musky in summer,,,its a small river,,,,ther soem walley there did catch some nere the locks,,,,,,,,,,i live in hull about 5 min frome the rideau river,,,,,,,,,any in fo you need ,i will try to find theme,,,,,,,

just a little question,,,,,,,whythe rideau ??? the ottawa river have a lot more,,,

nice to talk to you,,,,,

joco

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Welcome in Quebec forum M B. You will find a lot of information in this site and more.
Bienvenu a tous les canadiens, Waiting to have some news of your fishing trip...
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Hey **censored**

I just moved to the eastern Townships and I am new to the area. I am looking for some spots to go Ice fishing. I was going to try petit lac Magog next weekend for perch. Do you fish Memphremagog alot during the winter and what do you fish for? Are there perch in Memphre. i fished Lac aylmer a couple of time this year but not much, catch 1-2 perch everytime, not much more.Welcome to the site

Bonne CHance

Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Hi Sturgeon,

Welcome to the area, I think you'll find that the Eastern Townships is a great place if you like the outdoors !!! 

Memphremagog is an excellent lake, what I like is that you can catch anything on there...  I went over the weekend, near the american boarder and we did well on perch.

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Where abouts do you access the lake to ice fish on Memphremagog. Are the access points available to everyone or do you need to own land to access the lake. Are the fishing spots accessible by foot or do you need a vehicle. I am used to walking out on the lake with my fish trap and fishing since I dont have a snowmobile.

I am a bit spoiled because I used to fish Simcoe in ontario a lot and the perch average from 8-9 inches with some nice ones around 10-12 and the odd 13-14 incher. What is the average size for memphremagog and petit lac magog. If you see a blue fish trap guide portable hut on the lake it might be me. come by and we can chat. I cant to use my vexilar, I am just starting to get used to it.

Take care

sturgeon

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Hi Sturgeon,

I don't know about petit Lac Magog, but Memphre is a great lake...  Depending on where you live, there are a few points of entry that I know of.  Best bet is to get a map, and look for federal docks, these are open for everyone to access the lake free of charge.  I know that near the American border, certain places you can drive right on the lake, like Cedarville.  I would personally stay away from Vale Perkins landing, it is close to the sand bar, very unstable ice.  Memphre at it's deepest is at 300+ feet, so the currents are pretty surprizing and that has an effect on the ice quality.  Knowlton's landing is another excellent choice. 

Funny you mention the Vexilar, I just got my FL-18 last week and tried it out for the first time last Friday.  Man, what a difference.... easy to see what's going on down there ! 

I also have a  blue fish trap, one of the few I see using that, so for sure, will look out for you !

BTW, my brother just moved to Fort Erie, he's managing the Canadian Tire store... so any tips you have on Simcoe, would be welcomed as we're heading out there to fish the tournament in February.

Cheers !

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Forgot to mention,

Memphre perch that I have caught average 8-10 inches, with the rare few over 10.

Would be interested in hearing from other ice anglers who have info to share on Memphre.

Salut

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:08 AM »
If I end up going on the memphre I will let you know that is for sure.

Fisher Jodoin

« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2005, 09:15 PM »
 ;D WELCOME!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.