Author Topic: Any new equipment this year?  (Read 4293 times)

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
Any new equipment this year?
« on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I have already dropped a ton on new stuff for this year.  Mainly jigs, plastics, line, a new pair of boots, and new flasher.  Hopefully I am set so I can spend my money getting to and from a bunch of lakes this winter.

Anyone else go balls out yet? 

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Re: Any new equipment this year?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Picked up a couple cameras earlier this summer and just picked up another LX5 and a new panning camera. Also snagged one of those "Glow'N'Go" lights and a "heat pump". Oh and one of those auto jiggers .Im gonna use it on a decoy rod. A TON of new jigs and a couple new boat seats I snatched up yesterday,1 for the new scout and one for my Yukon.  Still planning on picking up an Icegator as well. Hmmm, wonder what I am forgetting...

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2008, 12:44 PM »
I forgot all about the Humminbird 797SI I bought for locating structure and the balance beam I got for comparing fish. ::)

Offline Rob Wasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Musky Baby!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:01 PM »
New GPS, Garmin GPS76CSX...LOVE IT!
Muskies...All other fish are just bait!

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:30 PM »
   Commando one man , Strikelite  auger , Marcum lx-5 , Strikemaster Hardwater ware suit.  08 Polaris Sportsman 800 Ho Efi , Just ordered a R2tec Frabill 7080 shack , a couple more bro rods from frabill , a Frabill long handled ice scoop , lots of awesome Kodiak jigs and spoons , Couple okuma hardstone reels.   i pretty much sold everything and started over ....lol
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Picked up a couple cameras earlier this summer and just picked up another LX5 and a new panning camera. Also snagged one of those "Glow'N'Go" lights and a "heat pump". Oh and one of those auto jiggers .Im gonna use it on a decoy rod. A TON of new jigs and a couple new boat seats I snatched up yesterday,1 for the new scout and one for my Yukon.  Still planning on picking up an Icegator as well. Hmmm, wonder what I am forgetting...

Got my Gator,and a gazzilion more jigs,and about 12 more combos...

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2008, 01:55 AM »
does the very end of season last year count? For my last 2 trips I picked up a Marcum VS825c and a new strikemaster Lazer 10" auger...  8) 8)
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:23 AM »
   How do you like that camera?
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2008, 02:03 AM »
color is cool, need another trip or two to play with it. The light at night I need to check out yet..
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:45 PM »
got the new showdown and some jammin jigs,they both work well,good paint jobs on the jammin jigs,pink got me a perch yesterday,would recommend these to fellow fisherman.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:32 PM »
I have a marcum camera, havent had much luck with the light. When you use it up on waubay the shrimp come in so thick you cant see anything. Used it one other time and it seemed like it scared the perch off. Love the camera though(vs650). Nice and compact. Wish i would have gotten a color one, but they didnt have them yet when i bought mine. Did get a new 4 wheeler for this year.

color is cool, need another trip or two to play with it. The light at night I need to check out yet..

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:33 PM »
strikemaster 2000......on sale.......502 coleman......bought at coon dog show...and some new rods...from gander nothing special.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Wat were ya doin at a coon dog show RC?

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I have a marcum camera, havent had much luck with the light. When you use it up on waubay the shrimp come in so thick you cant see anything. Used it one other time and it seemed like it scared the perch off. Love the camera though(vs650). Nice and compact. Wish i would have gotten a color one, but they didnt have them yet when i bought mine. Did get a new 4 wheeler for this year.

nothing like watching the perch swim in on the camera,what a rush,seems funny the perch seemed scared of your lights on the camera,we had our Atlantis camera down on Big Stone lastnight at dark,and we were going to see what a perch did when it came in and swam up to the lure,so when it got up to it,we turned on the lights and it just sat there and never moved.pretty much like the other 100 that did that when it was light out.lol they just werent in the biting mood.oh well, tight lines to all
born to fish---forced to work

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Buying guns...beting on the dog's and drinking shine........everythin g is there and for sale. Everything......
with guns being the main thing for sale.  To all of you reading and wonder just how big....about 40 acre gun show....with other redneck stuff going on.  Mardi gras beads being given out for..well stuff ::)
Bullet with a name on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.