Author Topic: Great deal on Reed's website!!  (Read 7568 times)

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great deal on Reed's website!!
« on: Oct 18, 2006, 04:43 PM »
They have a pre-season sale on the St. Croix Legend rods, normally selling for $50 apiece, on the website you can buy 1 for $29.99, 2 for $49.99 and 3 for $69.99 (if you buy 3 you get free shipping) I ordered my 3, just thought i'd give you all a heads up :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Great deal on Reed's website!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2006, 06:43 PM »
:%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: Sold out of UL Legends already :'( :'( :'( :P

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2006, 07:10 PM »
what is this website

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2006, 07:15 PM »

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2006, 07:27 PM »
thank u

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2006, 08:35 PM »
you can always get a light or whatever and buy the different springs straight from st. croix's website ;) :tipup:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2006, 09:56 PM »
That is a great deal.  They are last years models and they are trying to clear them out for the new ones.  The new Legends have a reel seat on them.  So if you like the Legends without the seats you better get them before they are gone.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2006, 06:38 PM »
I was looking at the new legends at Scheels, the reel seats look good. They are not big and stupid at all. ;D

trapperdirk

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Got my order in a couple of weeks ago for four of these rods and one of them is the UL . ;) And Skipper don't despair lad for lack of UL's because I hear it's better to go with the lights on up . ;) Found this out after I ordered . LOL ;) ;D

TD

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Got my order in a couple of weeks ago for four of these rods and one of them is the UL . ;) And Skipper don't despair lad for lack of UL's because I hear it's better to go with the lights on up . ;) Found this out after I ordered . LOL ;) ;D

TD

It will be used mainly for gills, crappies, and perch. Would you still reccomend a light over a ul? How durable are these rods? I mean I am not expecting an ugly stik, but do they break overly easy?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Skipper, Get the Light over the Ultralight. They both use the same spring bobber, but you'll have a little more backbone to fight the fish with.
Ken                                          

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Thanks, I suppose the action of the rod doesn't need to be soooooo light if a spring indicates the movement of the bait instead of the actual tip. I am new to spring bobbers, this will be my first winter using them. I appreciate the input.

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2006, 11:04 PM »
yeah skipper your gonna be disappointed with the ul. i own one and i losa alot of fish with it. it just does'nt have enough backbone to get a good hookset. i would definately return it and get atleast a lite if you can or a medium and just change the spring.reeds is pretty good and i'm sure they would do an exchange.  i have alot more luck with the lite than the ul. just my 2 cents.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Skipper, Get the Light over the Ultralight. They both use the same spring bobber, but you'll have a little more backbone to fight the fish with.

Ordered three Lights yesterday.  (Just what I needed to go along with the other 7 or 8 rods I got last year that still don't have reels on yet. This doesn't include the 6 or 7 that are already set up.)  Man if I get all these set up I'm going to have to forget about my 7 Gal bucket and get a 55 Gal oil drum :D Hope the better half doesn't see the credit card bill before me :unsure:

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I just got my rods today. I'm kind of curious what would happen with a decent sized bass on a light action rod. It seems like it would be tough. The medium i got seems like it could be a little more well rounded. But i have to send it back because the eyelets dont line up and one is loose :-\

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2006, 09:41 AM »
I called reeds this morning and ended up exchanging my two lights i ordered and sent the medium back to be replaced. After looking and comparing the light and the medium i decided that the light just wouldn't be enough if a hungry pickeral or bass decided to slam it. Rather be safe than break a pole in half :tipup:

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Man the ultra and light should be enought for the bass, they lose some of that fight with the temps. Last year hit several 2-3 lb bass on one warmer day near march. 2lb and ul was just the ticket, anything else may have been an over kill!  I was fishing for crappies!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.