Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1634878 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #21300 on: Nov 03, 2020, 05:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 29* and we had a couple of inches over night.  ::)
                         Eddie.......The tarps will be here around noon today ??? I hope to get them on today. :flex:
                         Dave........Thanks for the Ice Road information. :thumbsup:
                         Marv........Congratula tions to your brother on his Doe. :clap: Your a good brother for putting him on a good spot. :thumbsup:
                         Bud.........It's a good thing that you found your keys. :clap:
                         FH4.........MMMM Elk steaks next best tasting meat next to Moose. :thumbsup:
                         H2l..........I'm glad to read that your knee is getting better. :clap: When you hit the big one I hope you remember your friends here. :roflmao:
                         Wally.......If the guessers are right you should get a ride in next week. :flex:
                         I got most of my gear packed for my hunting trip to Maine, tomorrow I'll load my truck tomorrow then take a nap and leave around 8 or 9 pm.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already done so. Stay Safe and Healthy.
                IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21301 on: Nov 03, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

IW......safe travels and good luck  :flex:

WS.....congrats to your brother, your turn now  ;)2

Eddie.....should be better work weather starting tomorrow  @)

H2L.....congrats, anything over breaking even is a "big win" in my book  :thumbsup:

IFF.....glad the key gremlins ended the hide and seek game  :woot:

Weatherman messed up again, got up this morning expecting the 3-6" they were forecasting instead found mostly green grass and rain  :blink: 

Hope everyone has or will be voting, may the best man win  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21302 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:31 AM »
32* and an inch of snow. Some wind. Not like yesterday.
 WS, congrats to your brother, you are a good guide.
IFF, glad she found your keys, I will have to remind her not to wash some things she finds.
IW, safe travels and good look. My nephew flies out to CO on Wed, with 7 others. Three of the guys left yesterday driving a truck with a trailer. They take all their guns, clothing, etc. then they have a way to bring their meat home.

Hearing aid was a quick 5 minute fix. Got my BIG payout from NYS. Back in April I had 5 of 6 lotto numbers. Six numbers that I have been playing twice a week for years. The jackpot that day was 7.8 million, 5 of 6 paid enough to cover half the new furnace but that is better than nothing.

Don't forget to VOTE today. Watched Tucker Carlson last night, someone on there mentioned that there are 2 parties running. One stands for FREEDOM and the other stands for FREESTUFF. I learned a long time ago, " ain't nothing FREE".

If the wind dies down, I may hit the woods for awhile this PM....Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #21303 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Good Morning, Gang

Sunshine, no clouds, almost no breeze, 40* going to close to 70*

W.S. - Good score for your bro., your next - patience

I.W. - Good Luck on the Maine hunt - hope the boat project doesn't take long

H2L - Anything helps-even lotto winnings, good luck if you get to hunt, can't use the excuse of 'I didn't hear you' with the ear being fixed

Mrs. W.W. - There is always time for 'the last ride of the season' before bedding the bike, good luck to Mr. at hunting camp

Mason - Watch the fingers with the cold, you know how painful it can be as they thaw and warm up sometimes

I.F.F. - At least the keys weren't lost for good, tell them at work they have to get your approval for any changes while your out  ;D :%$#!: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Clean - If I am not mistaken, there are still a few states that do not observe time changes

Drifter - How many mines were in the area that caused so much contamination?

F/H4 - Yup, back to work, if it ain't done, ya can't blame the 'gremlin'

Domino has finally settled into her routine here, just not a yard for her to run and chase squirrels, hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to travel back to NJ
     for things in storage, I hate not having any tools here so things like curtain hanging can be done - Been taking rides to explore the area, lots of little finds if you
     look for them, found a local veggie farmer who does about 60 different tomato varieties when in season, will be back there next year

Time for breakfast & more 'Joe'

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
     Thoughts & Prayers
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21304 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:35 AM »
H2l...... I'm glad your knee feels good enough to go out hunting.    ;D

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21305 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:10 AM »
Well still no elk cutting going to wait until Saturday to get it all done hopefully. Going to have to before the freeze and traveling for work the next week. Going to vote here when I get off and see how the outcome goes. I know no politics on this thread but scared of some things from each side of the coin. Just hope the economy gets back to where it was a year ago soon. Tight lines everyone either at work or out playing.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21306 on: Nov 03, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Good Late Morning ER's  nice job  helping out on getting the doe. WW that's some drive way holy cow. Bud glad the keys came back. H2 nice payment with your winnings going to furnace. It's election day that's the same as the purge right?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21307 on: Nov 03, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Capt. J
There were two operating gold mines in  town.
Only one created the mess. Giant mine.

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1100100027388/1100100027390

It was run by an evil American woman at one point.
It was while she owned it that there was a strike and large explosion that killed a bunch of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Oak_Mines

Documentary

https://vimeo.com/150291898

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21308 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Good evening everyone!

Another long day in the stand. The temps are in the 60's and the deer aren't moving. I am guessing the bucks are doing the deed at night, bedding instead of playing tag during the day.

My brother and his friend spent the night,  then hit the road sometime around 10am.

Tomorrow I am going to sit in an old favorite spot. Who knows maybe it will be good.

Hope everyone had a good day. Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21309 on: Nov 03, 2020, 10:33 PM »
Good evening better weather today no wind. I got my vote cast spent around an hour and 15 minutes at polling station most of that time was spent standing in line. Glad there was no wind like on Monday.
Drifter sorry to hear some of your local lakes have arsenic contamination from problems with a gold mine.
Whopper Stopper congratulations to your brother on harvesting a doe. May you see some day time activity from the bucks tomorrow.
IFF nothing like changes being made to the computer system at work place while you are on vacation. Good to read you found the truck keys.
Eddie my polling station serves three or four voting districts so depending on time of day there usually is a crowd. I talked briefly to the lady behind me in line it was her second trip there said she had to leave in the morning to report to her job and there was a long line in the morning also over then the wait nice to see so many people out and voting.. Must have been a strong wind gust to blow over the Porta John.
Ice Wanderer hope your tarps arrived and the pontoon is now covered for the Winter. May you have safe travel to Maine ,good hunting to you and all the members of your group.
wallyworld guessing you were happy the weather forecasters got the forecast wrong.
Hunts2long good to read the hearing aid fix was a quick one and your lottery winning will cost half the cost of new furnace. May your nephew and his friends have problem free trip to Colorado and good hunting during their stay.
Capt.Jim glad Domino is adjusting to her new home and surrounding. Also good to read you are learning your new surroundings. Have a safe trip to and from NJ. Think you maybe correct about some states not changing clocks. Drifter can correct me if I'm wrong but I know at one time some of the Canadian Provinces did not change time on clocks.

Fish/hunt4ever may all go well with the elk and mule deer butchering on Saturday.
Old Goat hope all is good with you and the family.

I know we keep politics out of this thread so I will just say once everything is finalized with this Presidential election may the president and members of Congress work together to address and solve the issues facing the United States.  May God continue to Bless America as we move forward.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21310 on: Nov 03, 2020, 11:20 PM »
Marv good luck on the favorite place  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Still too early to call.

I'm going to find my pillow need to be up at 5:00
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21311 on: Nov 04, 2020, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm 29 this am, warming up to mid 50's today.

Jeff...hoping your tarps arrived yesterday and the boat is wrapped. Wishing you safe travels to Maine, a great time with your friends, and one of those monster bucks to share a story here... Best of luck!!   :thumbsup:
  Steve... talking to one of the ladies at my polling station, she said she has never seen so many voters before. Guess all we can do now is wait for the  counting and hope for the best. God Bless America!   :thumbsup:
   Marv... best of luck in the new spot today!    :thumbsup:

Running way behind this am, will have to catch up later today....Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing and hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21312 on: Nov 04, 2020, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 25* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie......I hope posting didn't make you late for work. :unsure:
                          Marv.......Sometimes it's a good thing to move to another spot, I hope it works out for you. :flex:
                          Steve......That's a long time to wait in line, fortunately I was able to walk right in and cast my vote, it took all of 10 minutes. :woot:
                          Wally.......The weather looks good to get a ride in one more time. :thumbsup:
                          Dave.......Shame on the mine owners letting chemicals flow in to the lakes. :%$#!:
                          H2l..........Well how did you and your knee do out in the woods? ???
                          The tarps came yesterday around noon, guess what, they sent the wrong size. I was able to use them but I lack 5 feet of coverage, so
                 this morning I'll go to Tractor supply and get a smaller one to finish the job.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21313 on: Nov 04, 2020, 04:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Chilly this morning but supposed to get warmer. My wife finally had her test and she is Cancer free. I will catch up on posts. I hope everyone has a great day and good luck and be safe to all those heading into the woods today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21314 on: Nov 04, 2020, 06:12 AM »
Morning all,

IF45......great news on Mrs45  :clap: :thumbsup:

IW....go figure they would send the wrong size  :nono:  glad you were able to finish the project despite the error  ;)  enjoy your time in Maine  :)

WS.....fingers crossed the "new" old spot is the lucky charm  ;)2

IFF......how was the stew  ???

MrC.....glad the wait in line wasn't too cold  @)

Eddie.....always hated mornings like that  :wacko:

H2L....that never made sense that 6 of 6 numbers would mean millions of $$$$ while 5 of 6 would only be a few hundred $$  :blink:  glad your knee is doing better  :flex:

There won't be anymore rides this year, the roads are about an inch thick with sand/salt from Monday's storm  >:(   guess the plow crews forgot the snow wasn't going to stick around long and Mother Nature would melt things quick enough w/o their help  ::) 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21315 on: Nov 04, 2020, 06:22 AM »
WW as the SIL said "I didn't know you could cook"  Well 10 quarts of it is nearly gone.  I have a new Senator this morning  ;D 
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21316 on: Nov 04, 2020, 06:26 AM »
WW as the SIL said "I didn't know you could cook"  Well 10 quarts of it is nearly gone.

:thumbsup: :bow: :woot:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21317 on: Nov 04, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Mr C
Back in the before time in the long, long ago there was no daylight savings time change.
There are a couple of provinces/territories that don't change the time.

IW
The contamination is caused by arsenic trioxide dust and vapours from the roasting process.
There's 237,000 tons of the crap  stored underground at the mine.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd5gw7/yellowknife-is-sitting-on-enough-arsenic-to-kill-every-human-on-earth

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21318 on: Nov 04, 2020, 10:52 AM »
Good day all! As the saying goes- "We live in interesting times!!" No matter the outcome of this election, we are sure to see some changes coming! I just hope that there is no violence associated with them!! Everyone be safe, stay well, and STFAH!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21319 on: Nov 04, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Good evening everyone!

The warm days continue. They are calling for some cold weather with some type of moisture at the beginning of the week, I am ready.

This morning I saw 2 does and a scrub 5 point. An old indian that lives down the road has often helped me with different things. He has had a tough go keeping the family supplied with everything thats been gong on. He has been hunting but he also has hit a dry spell with deer movement.

This morning when the second doe came along it was just what the Dr. Ordered. He was very happy as he tagged and loaded it up.

Tomorrow I am back to my main stand, it seems mornings are best. I might make some woodin the afternoon.

Hope everyone had a good day. Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21320 on: Nov 05, 2020, 02:27 AM »
Good. Morning Everyone,
  Warm front moving in today, 39 and calm this am, high in the low 60's today.

Jeff...hope you had safe travels to your hunting camp, best of luck to you and your group!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...excellent job helping out your old friend with the doe well done!!  :bow:   Fingers crossed that good deed pays off with another visit from that slammer buck....good luck today!   :thumbsup:
  OS....X2 on that!   :thumbsup:
  Dave... thanks for sharing the info on the mines, interesting reads.  :thumbsup:  Did you get your snowmobile back up and running?
  Wally... seemed like the whole day went from bad to worse yesterday... one thing after another.    :cookoo:   Good luck to Mr.WW with today's hunting!   :thumbsup:
  I45...that's such great news on your wife, big Congratulations from NY!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Bud....sounds like the stew was a big hit...nice job!  :clap:
  H2...glad to read your knee is feeling better, best of luck with the hunting!   :thumbsup:

Guess like most everywhere else yesterday, the elections were the main focus of.conversation as it was with our crew. Perhaps today I can help change the subject slightly and try to convert a few more of my co-workers to become ice fishermen and participate on this great site.  I've got my doubts it will work, but it sure as heck can't hurt!   ;D  :tipup:
  Demolition day today with the jackhammers...Cawfee's on!!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21321 on: Nov 05, 2020, 04:25 AM »
Good  Morning. 34* and clear.
Knee is doing well, I have been getting into the woods but not seeing any deer. This warm-up will not help the deer movement during the day.
Wife has an appt. at 9:30 this morning in Tarrytown so will be heading South in awhile.
Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21322 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning ER's   I-45 fantastic news for your wife-you-family. Mason enjoy the demo today  one year my dad had me on the jackhammer to take out the front stoop and sidewalk. The steps and stoop were solid crete about 2 ft. of it. I lost my big toe nail when moving the jackhammer to another spot ouch the nail never came back for about 10 yrs. When it did start growing it is to thick to cut with nail clippers. Ugly ugly ugly  Good luck to those hunting today.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21323 on: Nov 05, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Not yet Eddie.
The tool I need is still on it's way here.
Somewhere between here and Edmonton.
I really hope it gets here tomorrow but am not holding my breath.
Shipping is so slow to my location.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21324 on: Nov 05, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Good Early Afternoon All, Called out today, such a beautiful day on the outside hitched a rid on another's boat for a few hours.  The 3 of us each had one fish on, the only thing that came to the boat was a float tube anchor I had lost think it was 2012.  What a surprise that was.  With it hitting 77* today will do a little more exterior painting, but will need to zoom over to Home Depot and pick up another paint pan and roller.

We see an Older (82) guy having trouble and gave him a tow back to the dock. Nice boat a tracker 16' with a 50 mercury think he said a 2016 model.  Will keep my eye out for one like it for myself.

Still waiting for the next states to be called.  Will be nice not to have to hold my breath.  I hope.

Think I will call and have my TV turned back on.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21325 on: Nov 05, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Afternoon all,

IFF.....glad you had a chance to sneak in some water therapy  :thumbsup:   what are the chances you'd hook a lost anchor from 8 years ago  :o   

Eddie.....what a day to be working outside  @)

WS.....looking forward to today's report with fingers crossed  ;)2  glad the neighbor now has meat in the freezer  :bow:  :flex:  :thumbsup:

Drifter.....shipping is slow these days no matter how far out you are  ::)

OG......ouch  :pinch:

H2L....hope MrsH2's appointment went well  :thumbsup:

OS.....afraid the longer this drags on the more chance there is for the violence to fire up  :-\

What a gorgeous day, sunny mid 70s  :thumbsup: :clap:  not great for hunters or for ice building but my oh my you still gotta love it in November  :woot:  looks like a repeat tomorrow   :clap:

Have a good evening. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21326 on: Nov 05, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Good evening everyone!

The 68 degree days keep coming and the deer are staying hidden. All I had today for extra company were the 7 coon that seem to make the rounds every couple days.

Tomorrow  through Sunday they are calling for 60's and 70's. Monday is supposed to be wet, then it turns colder with highs in the 20's. If that doesn't turn them around I may be doomed. The count down has begun.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Stay safe and healthy

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21327 on: Nov 06, 2020, 02:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  44 and calm this am, high of 64.

Marv...that warm weather sucks for sure, keep the faith,...I got my $$ on you!    ;D. Hope today is the day!!  Best of luck Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Wally. ..a beautiful day yesterday for sure.  Looking like a beautiful weekend and mild weather for the next week.    :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad you took advantage of the nice weather and went out fishing, awesome!  Way to go helping out the older fisherman!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave. ..hope you receive the tool soon. ...we're all ready for some more cabin porn!    :thumbsup:
  OG...ouch!! Glad you didn't lose your toe! Have seen a few pretty nasty accidents with air hammers over the years.
  H2...hope your wife's appointment went well yesterday!  Good luck with the hunting today, hopefully something will be moving this am.   :thumbsup:

Was certainly a beautiful day to be outside yesterday. ..would have preferred fishing or hunting over work for sure!
  Looking like a repeat today, can't wait to get through the last shift.
  Struck out converting any new ice fishermen yesterday, but plenty of time left for that.   ;D.  The latest news on the vote tabulation took the drivers seat yesterdyay, probably will for awhile yet.  :o
  That time again. ...Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all,  be safe,  best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21328 on: Nov 06, 2020, 04:24 AM »
46* this morning.
IFF, always liked getting out on the lake this time of year. I have dragged up some stuff over the years but never my own stuff.
The wife's appt. went well, they removed the stiches. We left at a time when I thought we would see some deer in the morning. Not a one along the thruway. On the way home did have a black SUV go 
"flying" by me. Made my day to see it pulled over North of Selkirk.
Got to get ready to go into the woods, have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21329 on: Nov 06, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Morning all,

WS......man oh man, definitely a tough season so far, here also with temps hitting 70 or better  :wacko: :%$#!:  sometimes the opportunity arrives when you least expect it tho so stay sharp  ;)2

H2L.....does your heart good to actually see one of those  :o  vehicles get stopped  :thumbsup:  doesn't happen often enough  :nono:  good luck today  ;)

Eddie....fingers crossed the shift passes quickly and smoothly today  @)  enjoy the weather  :)

Looks like a good day to trim some "out of control" shrubs today   :flex:  :woot:  anything to be outside  @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.